NetJets

NetJets Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

NetJets CEO Jordan Hansell

Jordan Hansell

Pros
  • Great people, industry leader with the best in class product and service, at least for now (in 5 reviews)

• Reputation, a good place to learn from good people, ability to advance if you put time and effort into it (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is incredibly threatened by having smart savvy people who challenge them on their teams (in 6 reviews)

• Company culture is relaxed (casual / bus (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Not like it used to be and competition is growing.

ProsReputation, a good place to learn from good people, ability to advance if you put time and effort into it.

ConsPunishing and negative-reinforcement management style is growing among leadership due to current challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementPositive reinforcement maximizes performance, while threats, demands, and other forms of verbal abuse produce a level of performance that’s just high enough to escape or avoid such negative methods.

Steer clear for a while

Operations In BWY1 (Former Employee)

ProsStarting pay
    Benefits -401k, vacation, sick days are paid as long as you don't abuse it, insurance (see below)
    Friendly co-workers
    Profit sharing (see below)

ConsCEO is a lawyer, COO is a pilot, neither with extensive business training to my knowledge.
    "Raises" are now less than inflation, you will earn less and less each year working here
    Insurance- management is preparing staff for BIG, big changes
    Experienced talent is leaving or being forced out, workforce is becoming very inexperienced.
    General expectation disconnect between corporate and operations.
    Labor strife with all unionized groups at the same time (Pilots, flight attendants, maintenance) is causing major impact to the operation (that's the goal, right?)
    Profit sharing is less and less every year since it was started.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the contracts done ASAP, invest in your people, not just the computer system and shiny new planes.
    Happy workers=happy customers=more $$$, can't get to more $$$ without starting with the workforce.

Thank you for the opportunity to grow with Netjets during the 90s and 2000s, and for watching it crumble to pieces since 2010. I learned many skills to take to my next employer, but am glad to be gone.

Quality of life not considered for its workforce

BWY I (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsCo-workers are great. We were once the elite of the business and you were proud to be a part of greatness. The training was top notch before current leadership.

ConsYou may think this has become a dumping ground for folks to air out their hate for NetJets. In part, this may be true, but I can tell you the morale has never been lower in the years I have worked there. Once the five star superior service leader has now become a WalMart. Staffing cut to the bone, and those left are micromanaged to the exit. If you have over 5 years seniority they want you gone only to be replaced with cheaper inexperienced labor. If you do not agree, you are a threat to leadership.
    More unions have formed under the current leadership, and more may be in the making. Every union division is in talks at the same time and the company is overwhelmed. Talks have been so bad with the unions that they have now formed a union coalition. One union is in mediation and the word is every other union will follow. Unless the current leadership is replaced it will not end well.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are individuals with human needs and quality of life desires. Appreciate those and you will make the company stronger. "The way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers."

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great to be part of BHI, but unless you are moving to Omaha, stay away

Analyst (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsInteresting company, keeps work interesting. I was a great move in my career to work here. Most people outside my department were nice to work with. The new building is great and its fun to get on the planes.

ConsNo work life balance. You work a lot for very little pay in comparison. I took a job elsewhere which was a much much smaller office with tons of work life balance and I got significantly more pay and similar benefits and many others have found the same. The reviews on here are somewhat blown out of proportion. Upper management though does have a problem with anyone looking to advance there careers, not supportive at all. No one lasts more than 2 years. I made it just over 2 years but only because I was interviewing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance, invest in your employees, start with that and the rest of your company profits will come back!!

Us vs. Them culture

ProsCoworkers are great outside of work... equally miserable inside.

ConsMost non-union employees think the union employees are overpaid. Truth is, they're not overpaid: the non-union employees are underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementPublicly admit your failures.... Stop rewarding yourselves for those failures.... and stop blaming the people below you.

Seriously overworked and underpaid

Flight Coordinator (Former Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsHealth, dental, and vision benefits are pretty good, and they participate in profit sharing.

ConsManagement, no ability for promotion in several departments, horrible hours (nights and holidays), very poor pay, stress levels are through the roof, management won't hire any more than the absolute bare minimum.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your employees, hire more people, offer promotions and incentives, offer pay raises based on merit, not on how long you have worked there.

Fast pace environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are into Aviation this is the company to work for. It has great new building and always changing environment.

ConsCompany is based on metrics over the recent years

NetJets China- Chaos

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHaven't had the chance to experience any good up to now. Company can not fulfill its promises.

ConsIf you like to work with bad and incompetent management this is the right place for you. Company does not treat you fairly nor fulfill its promises.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and go home! Second option, Go back to school

Pretty Great

ProsPeople and benefits are the best parts of the company.

ConsUsed to be more customer centric.

Not very good

Owner Services (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsActual work is interesting and fulfilling

ConsManagement does not listen to employees. Employees do not have the most basic tools to do their jobs. Expect perfection from employees while working with incompetent managers and dealing with other department mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to employee moral, ignoring it doesn't fix problems.

Worked for NetJets? Contribute to the Community!