www.netjets.com

Updated February 2, 2015
2.6

NetJets CEO Jordan Hansell
Jordan Hansell

Pros
  • Reputation, a good place to learn from good people, ability to advance if you put time and effort into it (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, industry leader with the best in class product and service, at least for now (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is incredibly threatened by having smart savvy people who challenge them on their teams (in 7 reviews)

• The flight operations management team (DO, Training Depts) are in over their heads (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work, especially for recent college-grads.

Current Employee - Owner Services in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Owner Services in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are some of the best around for a company of this size. From medical to retirement options, they're offering comparable choices, if not better, than other companies in Columbus.
    Employees in each department are experts in their respective fields
    Each department operates as a close-knit group.

Cons

For what are sure to be very complicated reasons, the relationship between management and the unions seems to be at it's worse right now.

It's really unfortunate that employees feel the only way to secure their comp/benefits and an appropriate work/life balance is to unionize. There is a clear lack of trust on both sides that be irreparable at this point.. Ultimately this hurts everyone, from the shareholders to Owners and each employee.

High Class Operation

Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Professional, Team oriented environment, nice emenities

Cons

None that I can think of

Keep it up

Very interesting work...high-stress work environment

I have been working at NetJets

Pros

The business model is exciting and complex, which makes problem solving enjoyable

Cons

HR has a lot of work to do to convince employees they are valued. Advancement can be challenging, no tuition reimbursement and a lack of meaningful effort to improve employee morale is frustrating.

Do a better job of supporting your best performers to keep them engaged and help you attract additional top-level talent that will want to stay at NetJets long-term.

Slow motion train wreck

Former Employee - Director in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Best thing about NetJets? Leaving for another job. One where they actually appreciate their employees and take care of them, rather than treating like pawns to be used and discarded.

Cons

Worst management team I have ever seen. CEO wants blind obedience and fires anyone who disagrees with him. The rest of the executive team doesn't do anything to stop him - they are more worried about collecting another annual bonus. Middle management just keeps their head down and tries to stay out of the line of fire. There is zero creativity, vision, or integrity. Look elsewhere and don't waste your life here.

Quit. You are not leaders in any sense of the word. You are petty micro managers that have utterly failed to lead this company to greater heights. You have destroyed a great company and have turned on your own employees for your own gain. Where is the leadership? Vision? Integrity? You are all morally bankrupt.

This used to be a great place to work. That is no longer true.

I have been working at NetJets

Pros

The pay and benefits are competitive.

Cons

However, career advancement opportunities are virtually nonexistent, schedules do not allow for anything that can fairly be called "work/life balance", and management routinely devalues labor contributions.

It's not rocket science. Quit trying to nickel and dime your emloyees, treat them with respect, and promote your top performers from within.

Underwhelming experience in the last 3-5 years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets (more than 5 years)

Pros

NetJets has always had a talented workforce. A lot of experienced, mission focused people who definitely know their stuff and want to perform well.

Decent IT solutions are available, even though they are mismanaged and mis-allocated.

Cons

No team feeling whatsoever. Everybody is working in silos to try to make their function look the best, because of, in my opinion, a management imposed culture of fear.

There is no sense that employee work is valued, no clear idea of career progression, and no incentive to creatively think or perform at a high level.

In general, it felt like you were filling a seat.

Start realizing that your employees are assets, and treat them as such.

Not a High Class Operation

I worked at NetJets

Pros

Keurig machine and Kay from the grill downstairs.

Cons

Not professional, not a team oriented environment, "amenities" (yes I can spell), with exception to the Keurig, are there to woo tours that come through. The only reason there's a Keurig is because management likes coffee and would look bad trying to hide this from employees, so anyone can use it. Although I don't drink coffee, this was about the only perk I saw for employees who bust their butt for a company that doesn't appreciate them. Perfect example is Dispatch. I had many friends who worked over there and told me how the company is taking negotiations out on them. They are understaffed and unable to use earned vacation time when they request it, no raises in 6 years, a rush project to computer automate them completely that raises safety and service concerns and so forth. They have no leadership and an over abundance of management who hates them. I'm not a union person, but I see why they chose to be in one. Best thing I ever did was leave that place.

Resign so they can get people in who know how to run an aviation company and treat customers and employees right.

Great people, horrible management

Former Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets

Pros

Get to work with really great coworkers.

Cons

In a word, management. I have worked for several aviation companies, but this is by far the worst run. Management runs the place like an assembly line based entirely on metrics. They do everything they can to contradict safety for the sake of numbers. Dispatchers are constantly pressured to do things they feel are unsafe, and if they refuse are just side stepped and a supervisor or manager sends the release from under them trying to trick the pilots into going. All this with half the staffing they truly need to run a safe operation. Need to make the books look better for the owner? No problem, cut employee pay, benefits, and workforce while still flying managers to France for the French Open on a Gv. If you want to work for a company that sees it's employees as a liability instead of an asset? Well then NetJets is for you!

Replace the entire Executive Management team with someone who values employees and doesn't despise them.

Great company 2007 to 2009. Horrible company from 2009 to 2015. Management is a huge failure.

I worked at NetJets full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The employees are genuine and do great work.

Cons

Employees are treated like 2nd class citizens. Management is like the good old boys club. Management will get together and stab you in the back at a moments notice. Policies are made up as they go and you will never be aware of what the current policies are. Overall, the company is mismanaged and there most recent in house employee survey proves it. Greater than 50% of union group and non union group agree the company is mismanaged.

Step down so more qualified individuals can take your place.

Good reputation, reality is somewhat different

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at NetJets full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable salary and work hours.

Cons

Rampant sexual harassment is company culture. When I spoke up, I was reprimanded. After I was sexually attacked in an elevator by a male co-worker, I was terminated with all wages forfeited. The torment was not worth employment with Netjets.

Read the above. There is no excuse for Netjets.

NetJets Photos