NetJets Reviews

Updated September 7, 2014
2.4

NetJets CEO Jordan Hansell
Jordan Hansell

Pros
  • Great people, industry leader with the best in class product and service, at least for now (in 5 reviews)

• Reputation, a good place to learn from good people, ability to advance if you put time and effort into it (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management is incredibly threatened by having smart savvy people who challenge them on their teams (in 6 reviews)

• Company culture is relaxed (casual / bus (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Management treats employees as a necessary evil. The Aircraft fleet is plain worn out and mechanically needy.

Former Employee - Pilot
    Former Employee - Pilot

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Paycheck, medical benefits, air conditioning in the office

Cons

Putting up with the most knee jerk reactionary "management" style I have ever had to endure. Good ideas can't travel up the chain of command. Terminations are used to intimidate the work force.

Clear out the entire management staff from Hansell and Lampert on down. They are the ones responsible for ruining the company I used to love so dearly.

Great to good.

I worked at NetJets

Pros

Interesting business model especially if you have a passion for aviation. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

In some areas of the company, managers are promoted based on friendships and not results.

Look at the results.

A horribly managed 'Good old boy's club' rooted in flagrant nepotism that rewards only the connected few.

Current Employee - Pilot  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Pilot in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pilots are based from home instead of having to commute. The schedule tends to be fairly predictable due entirely to stringent contract work rules. Healthcare insurance premiums are paid for by the company, but again, only due to work rules that cannot be changed without a new contract.

Cons

Employee morale is at an all time low. Pilots, as compared to the major airlines (United, American, Delta), are paid approximately half of the average wage. This fact is disingenuously masked by the managerial term "industry leading wage" often used in company propaganda but really only referring to a tiny facet of the greater aviation industry in order to satisfy an agenda.

A recent merger between two formerly separate entities within Netjets prompted management to unfairly promote all pilots at the smaller company en masse as a parting shot against organized labor. After the merger, this political stunt served only anger, frustrate, and demotivate the greater pilot force resulting in a major lack of motivation to perform their job well among most pilots at Netjets. To date, incredibly junior pilots who are part of the 'Good old boy's club' are still paid much higher wages than pilots who are senior to them on the seniority list.

In addition, despite record profits and booming growth, management continues to demand concessions from it's pilots in the name of ruthless greed. They have also proposed new work rules, that while potentially effective with assembly line workers, are detrimental to safety at an airline. Specifically, the notion that 'pay-for-performance' would motivate pilots to fly more trips negates the undeniable fact that it would also motivate pilots to fly broken, potentially dangerous aircraft in order to make more money. This is just one example of short sighted, greedy nature of this naive and inexperienced management team. It is obvious that this company's focus is on profit to the detriment of safety, fairness, and respect for it's customers as well as it's employees.

Replace this leadership team with a CEO who DID NOT come into his position directly from an internship at his father's law firm. Put a leader in place who has actually earned his right to manage a company of this size through hard work and experience, not nepotism. Respect the concept of fairness with a seniority based company and adjust positions accordingly. In order to advertise that you have the best pilots in aviation, you should probably considering paying them the highest wages in aviation first - Netjets has missed this mark by half. Be honest about the term 'industry' and don't lie or try to hide behind semantics. Above all, remember this...In the service industry, NOTHING is more expense than low employee morale.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Culture, Difficult Leadership, Lots of workers just showing up for paycheck...

Current Employee - Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Compensation
    Company performance based bonus
    Casual dress code
    Interesting business model

Cons

The culture is quite lacking. Quite a few narrow and negative minded individuals hanging on to stale skills and past accomplishments with zero drive to improve. It's a perception driven culture where its better to "declare victory" opposed to actually doing something of value.

Listen to your management team.

The company was wonderful 10 years ago. We all miss the old days when the company treated the employees with respect

Current Employee - Flight Attendant
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We get to travel. Get to meet interesting customers.

Cons

Long hours, hard physical work. rarely get time to enjoy the destination.

Start treating flight crews like people and not machines.

Steer clear for a while

Former Employee - Operations In BWY1
    Former Employee - Operations In BWY1

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Starting pay
    Benefits -401k, vacation, sick days are paid as long as you don't abuse it, insurance (see below)
    Friendly co-workers
    Profit sharing (see below)

Cons

CEO is a lawyer, COO is a pilot, neither with extensive business training to my knowledge.
    "Raises" are now less than inflation, you will earn less and less each year working here
    Insurance- management is preparing staff for BIG, big changes
    Experienced talent is leaving or being forced out, workforce is becoming very inexperienced.
    General expectation disconnect between corporate and operations.
    Labor strife with all unionized groups at the same time (Pilots, flight attendants, maintenance) is causing major impact to the operation (that's the goal, right?)
    Profit sharing is less and less every year since it was started.

Get the contracts done ASAP, invest in your people, not just the computer system and shiny new planes.
    Happy workers=happy customers=more $$$, can't get to more $$$ without starting with the workforce.

Thank you for the opportunity to grow with Netjets during the 90s and 2000s, and for watching it crumble to pieces since 2010. I learned many skills to take to my next employer, but am glad to be gone.

Great to be part of BHI, but unless you are moving to Omaha, stay away

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Analyst in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting company, keeps work interesting. I was a great move in my career to work here. Most people outside my department were nice to work with. The new building is great and its fun to get on the planes.

Cons

No work life balance. You work a lot for very little pay in comparison. I took a job elsewhere which was a much much smaller office with tons of work life balance and I got significantly more pay and similar benefits and many others have found the same. The reviews on here are somewhat blown out of proportion. Upper management though does have a problem with anyone looking to advance there careers, not supportive at all. No one lasts more than 2 years. I made it just over 2 years but only because I was interviewing.

Work life balance, invest in your employees, start with that and the rest of your company profits will come back!!

Not like it used to be and competition is growing.

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Reputation, a good place to learn from good people, ability to advance if you put time and effort into it.

Cons

Punishing and negative-reinforcement management style is growing among leadership due to current challenges.

Positive reinforcement maximizes performance, while threats, demands, and other forms of verbal abuse produce a level of performance that’s just high enough to escape or avoid such negative methods.

Seriously overworked and underpaid

Former Employee - Flight Coordinator  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Flight Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health, dental, and vision benefits are pretty good, and they participate in profit sharing.

Cons

Management, no ability for promotion in several departments, horrible hours (nights and holidays), very poor pay, stress levels are through the roof, management won't hire any more than the absolute bare minimum.

Support your employees, hire more people, offer promotions and incentives, offer pay raises based on merit, not on how long you have worked there.

Quality of life not considered for its workforce

Current Employee - BWY I  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - BWY I in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers are great. We were once the elite of the business and you were proud to be a part of greatness. The training was top notch before current leadership.

Cons

You may think this has become a dumping ground for folks to air out their hate for NetJets. In part, this may be true, but I can tell you the morale has never been lower in the years I have worked there. Once the five star superior service leader has now become a WalMart. Staffing cut to the bone, and those left are micromanaged to the exit. If you have over 5 years seniority they want you gone only to be replaced with cheaper inexperienced labor. If you do not agree, you are a threat to leadership.
    More unions have formed under the current leadership, and more may be in the making. Every union division is in talks at the same time and the company is overwhelmed. Talks have been so bad with the unions that they have now formed a union coalition. One union is in mediation and the word is every other union will follow. Unless the current leadership is replaced it will not end well.

We are individuals with human needs and quality of life desires. Appreciate those and you will make the company stronger. "The way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers."

Worked for NetJets? Contribute to the Community!