NetJets

NetJets Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

NetJets CEO Jordan Hansell

Jordan Hansell

Pros:
  • "Great people, industry leader with the best in class product and service, at least for now"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Until Santulli's departure, NetJets was an great place to be a customer and employee"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper Management is incredibly threatened by having smart savvy people who challenge them on their teams"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Company culture is relaxed (casual / bus"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Pretty Great

I have been working at NetJets

ProsPeople and benefits are the best parts of the company.

ConsUsed to be more customer centric.

Not very good

Owner Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 3 years

ProsActual work is interesting and fulfilling

ConsManagement does not listen to employees. Employees do not have the most basic tools to do their jobs. Expect perfection from employees while working with incompetent managers and dealing with other department mistakes

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to employee moral, ignoring it doesn't fix problems.

You're nothing but an expense.

Director (Former Employee)

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNetJets still has some great people working there. You wouldn't know it as they are keeping their heads down and staying out of the line of fire.

ConsNetJets once valued relationships with it's employees, vendors, clients, etc. Now it's just about the money. Every employee who is still there is looking for a different job. Many have left, hence the numerous job listings. Most jobs are never filled, leaving all the extra work to current employees. The company is in a battle with it's unions, and has sued it's vendors. Who wins when you sue your vendors? So if you want to work your butt off and are willing to accept minimal pay for that work while being treated poorly, then this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit! Either that or fire everyone else and do the job yourselves.

This WAS a decent company, not anymore.

Flight Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWorldwide name in business aviation.

ConsThis was once a great company with employee value. After 2009/2010 things really started to change. This is a 100% metrics company now. They do not care about common sense or empowering employees. Sad really what it has become. I have not met anyone happy in the past 12 months. Everyone is looking to get out.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease go read the book NUTS by Herb K. He ran Southwest airlines for 30 years. If you treat your employees with respect you get it.

All for the bottom line

New York, NY

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBest in class, great product, exciting industry, some really incredible talent.

ConsMajor brain drain over the last year all in an effort to save some money. They let go of some of the most talented, high producing and hard working employees in the company. Upper Management is incredibly threatened by having smart savvy people who challenge them on their teams. It's become a culture of yes men and people who are top contributors feel that their jobs are not safe. It's a shame - this was a place where great ideas and hard work always won the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire UP. Don't be afraid to have people below you who are challenging and smart. Yes men aren't thinkers and when the going gets tough again, they will not have the ability to push the company forward. Reward performance, get people invested, create a culture of accountability from the top down and maybe treat the employees like they are more than a cost to be minimized.

Overall, my experience was positive. I learned a great deal and most of the coworkers were pleasant.

Marketing (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets as a contractor for less than a year

Prosgreat perks, benefits, nice people for the most part. congenial environment based on your department. many have been there for several years. awesome cafeteria at main location in Columbus, Ohio with free parking.

Consdemanding environment in several aspects again based on your area but seems to be overall. it is a 9-5 place in a lot of ways. several are on email, cell phones on weekends, after hours and holidays. it is a 24/7 environment not only for fleet but legal, contracts, sales, marketing and administration. Some of it is a bit ridiculous. It is very numbers driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on your customers and employees well being more.

Great place to work as long as the staffing level is adequate.

Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAbility to work overtime and switch shifts if needed. Ability to sign a waiver to work through lunch period. Ability to work with some great people.

ConsCompany culture has changed and everything has become solely metrics driven. Work hours are variable due to the 24/7 nature of the business. Seniority in my department is meaningless.

Advice to Senior ManagementA solution to a problem should not be only to add people. Listen to the employees who are actively dealng with the day-to-day operations.

Was a great company, now struggling under terrible leadership

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAccess to some of the best talent in the industry.
Great product to sell.
Under Richard Santulli's direction employees felt empowered to make a decison.
Richard Santulli was a great leader and understands service, the aviation business and the value the employees bring to a company.

ConsRetention problem, losing mass amounts of experience due to lack of professionalism in leadership.
Decisions not being able to be made because leadership feels they are the only ones qualified to make the decision.
Executive leadership strong arms and bullies employees and vendors.
Lawsuits against vendors, yet expects vendors to continue to be loyal.
Berate employees past and present in town hall meetings.
Overworked and understaffed.
Employees are "afraid" of making a wrong decision for fear of being reprimanded.
Tell employees after the fact, when something significant is going on with/in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and believe in the employees that you hire.
Realize that fear does not make people work harder or be more loyal.
Intimidation is not effective management.

Used to be a great company, now everyone is trying to get out.

I worked at NetJets full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people, industry leader with the best in class product and service, at least for now.

ConsCurrent executive team practices all the bad management policies you can think of - micromanagement, no empowerment, want yes men instead of smart leaders who challenge them, management by fear and intimidation, believe employees are interchangeable pawns to be used and discarded, solely focused on profit maximization at the expense of customers and employees, paralysis by analysis, not practicing what they preach, valuing adherence to process over performance, not valuing independent thought or creativity. All of these issues are causing the best people to hit the exit door in droves and why you see a lot of job postings for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging your people and empower them to do their jobs. Stop hollowing out the organization by driving away the best people and hiring high school graduates to replace them so you can save a few bucks. Don't be afraid to admit you made mistakes. Correct them and move on instead of continuing to push ahead with ill conceived plans. There is a reason no other companies are trying to hire away the leadership team. Replace most of the executive team with leaders who have vision, character, and integrity.

Change is not always good...

I have been working at NetJets full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAviation company in Columbus, Ohio.

ConsNot much money in the aviation space (thin margins as an operator).

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people like they would like to be treated.

Worked for NetJets? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NetJets reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NetJets CEO Jordan Hansell. All 73 reviews posted anonymously by NetJets employees.