NetJets Reviews

Reset
2.3
NetJets CEO Jordan Hansell
Jordan Hansell

Pros
  • Reputation, a good place to learn from good people, ability to advance if you put time and effort into it (in 6 reviews)

• Ability to work with some great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Everyone is scared and upper management doesn't seem to really care (in 7 reviews)

• This is just one example of short sighted, greedy nature of this naive and inexperienced management team (in 5 reviews)

Busy Place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A respectable company with a good reputation and a leader in the fractional market. A busy place and a fast paced environment makes it challenging but fun.

Cons

So incredibly focused on initiatives, planning, measuring, and projects that it seems this is the main focus sometimes instead of the core business. Too top-heavy and too many departments

Advice to Management

Stop with the constant evaluating and meetings and get to work building relationships with the people who are doing the real work

Decent Company

Current Employee - Owner Services Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Owner Services Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at NetJets (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome company with wonderful employees and a great, new CEO. They provide free lunches and dinners during the holidays, or "Peak Season". You will receive a ton of free merchandise, tickets, etc. You will learn a wealth of information about the aviation industry. If you have a passion for jets, learns quickly, are extremely patient, love talking to people and an exceptional verbal and written communicator...this is the job for you.

Cons

Training is pretty intense. However, once you're released, it's sink or swim. The work life balance is pretty nonexistant, they will overwork you. The turn over rate is very high, due to the high stress and not much down time (back to back calls, with 20 seconds of rest). It's not a bad company, just a very busy one with a lot of demanding owners that expect perfection. It does take some getting use to, dealing with some owners and assistance talking down to you, as if you're nothing but "The Help", however, having good coworker/friends helps a lot. The pay is great, and they offer a ton of OT. The upper mobility after Owner Service is hard to accomplish. If you want to stay in OS you have a great chance at growth, however, if you're trying to move to a different department, it can be done, I've seen it done a couple of times, but it's very hard. They call it the "Owner Service Curse". It's almost like other departments aren't interested in us, lol. That's definitely not my experience, but I know many people that have awesome resumes, and are stuck in OS for years, or end up leaving the company.

Advice to Management

Rich is an awesome VP, he is very encouraging and a ball of fun. He makes working at NetJets a decent experience. Mary is awesome, too. She is very honest and a straight shooter, if you will. Her honesty has always been a breath of fresh air to me.

NetJets the leader in fractional ownership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets (More than 10 years)

Pros

NetJets is a great company to work for if you do not mind a fast paced atmosphere, since time is the essence. That is what makes NetJets the leader in the fractional aircraft ownership market, along with safety, and exceptional service. The employees and consultants that work for NetJets are the best in their field from my experience.

Cons

Work-life balance is not existent. Constant stress of putting out fires to keep the lights on, with no recognition or value in the efforts it takes to satisfy management and executives. Too many managers and executives, and not enough employees. Management is always in meetings and never available.

Advice to Management

Focus more on work-life balance. More recognition to the employees and their teams that do the work. Be more productive by spending less times in meetings and more time with your staff and teams. Eliminate the abundance of management and executives, and hire more employees that do the work.

5. Things are looking up!

I have been working at NetJets full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the new CEO in place and changes on the executive management team, employee morale is quickly changing for the better. NetJets is an interesting fast-paced place to work where you learn something new every day.

Cons

There is too much overlap in roles and responsibilities. Sometimes expectations are unclear. At times, long working hours to get everything done.

Advice to Management

Continue the positive changes and build back the trust and teamwork. NetJets had a lot of potential - so many smart and dedicated employees!

6. Used to work there

Former Employee - Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great group of dedicated, hard-working smart people. THEY make the company run and the experience what it is.

Cons

The company used to be great when Santulli was there. New management took over and culture/employee value went out the window.

Advice to Management

Realize that your employees are what makes the company work and the Netjets experience worthwhile. Value their contributions and treat them with respect.

Pilots: stay away. Stay far, far away/

Former Employee - CE-560 XL/XLS Pilot in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - CE-560 XL/XLS Pilot in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Not many. Save yourself a lot of trouble and go fly for another carrier, preferably a part 121 where you'll actually have a future. I was part of the 495. I make more now as a fourth year FO at a part 121 carrier than ANY captain at NJA; pathetic!

Cons

Awful; simply awful. If you like substandard pay, hostility between you and management, terrible working conditions, having flying airplanes being secondary to cleaning aircraft interiors, constantly chasing catering, newspapers, and coffee for your passengers, continually trashing your uniforms loading and unloading luggage, and no chance of upgrading for the foreseeable future then guess what, NetJets just might be the perfect place for you!

Advice to Management

Go suck a rock! Hansel may be gone now but his damage is irreparable at this point. If I were an owner I would have left long, long ago.

8. IT Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The IT department has matured quite a bit in the last 10 years and is well managed now. Mostly filled with smart and well intentioned people who respect each other and work well together. The projects vary but some are very interesting.

Cons

Work time expectations for managers and above are quite high so the job is demanding. There is a general sense of a lack of concern from upper management for the staff. The senior management team is very focused on business and not as much on staff motivation.

Advice to Management

Maintain the energy of ensuring success of the business, but find a way to respect the workers. In-source as much as possible.

Good company; Huge Potential; Poorly Managed

Current Employee - Captain
    Current Employee - Captain

I have been working at NetJets full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From a pilot/employee perspective: the compensation is generally in-line with compared with other fractional operators and corporate flight departments. The employee benefits are average to above-average. The pilot basing opportunities are very good. The NetJets employee groups (flight crews and operations teams) are talented.

Cons

The current executive management team at NetJets is not employee-friendly. The management's number main priorities right now are: providing a return to our parent company; reducing expenses; having employees do more with less. Employee satisfaction and providing top-notch service to our customers are not primary concerns. Employee morale is at an all-time low and trending downward each day. The culture and climate within the company are suffering.

Advice to Management

The story of NetJets is case study in what happens when the heart and soul of a great (and profitable) company are intentionally destroyed in order to achieve lower costs and even higher returns. My advice to the management team is to admit its failures and embark on a new path for the future. This new direction must be bold and dramatic - anything less will be perceived as window dressing. The management team must cease its heartless, divisive and metric-driven approach to running the business. It's abundantly clear to all of the employees - and most of our customers - that the management's approach to running the business the past 4-5 years has been a failure. The thoughts and concerns of the employees must become the number one priority - along with the needs and concerns of our customers. Time and again, it's been proven that if you take care of your employees first-and-foremost, your other important goals - of achieving the greatest levels of customer service, and meeting the parent company's desired return on investment - will not only be met, they will be exceeded. It's incredibly frustrating to watch a company with so much potential be upended as a result of lackluster leadership and a hostile approach to employee relations - all under the guise of being as profitable as possible.

Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at NetJets full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people who live for aviation and the adventure of making a profit when other companies can't.

Cons

Company had problems making 5% profit and does not meet the normal Berkshire Hathaway 10 to 14% profit margins. Constant cutting and elimination of high dollar/high skilled staff will eventually compromise the safety record and eventually destroy the company.

Advice to Management

Break free from Berkshire and start running the business with pride and passion like the old days.

20 plus year pilot with the company. This is the worst I have ever seen it.

Current Employee - Captain in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Captain in Columbus, OH

I have been working at NetJets full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Going to work one day only to hear that Jordon Hansell has been fired from Netjets for his dismal performance and his unethical behavior.

Cons

Jordon Hansell is the worst CEO in aviation history. Yes he is worse than Frank Lorenzo. He knows nothing about running this company. He even admits that he doesn't have the qualifications to be CEO. He threatens and uses the fear of firings if you follow FAA regulations. Why doesn't the FAA step in and stop this before someone crashes an airplane and kills someone? One fatal accident here and this company will be shut down for ever. Why? because when the FAA really finds out what Hansell and his team of goons are doing here the FAA will have no choice but to shut the doors. Oh yes Hansell likes to talk about our safety record and the FAA safety awards we have received. That is just smoke and mirrors. The company pushes and threatens pilots and mechanics to not follow FAA mandated regulations. Its on record in many court documents that the public has not idea of. They are liars and have been caught lying under oath. The training here is the worst we have ever seen in the history of the company, The training department is a joke of the industry now. We used to have great training but it has all been eliminated to cut costs. Yes that's right cut costs that's all Hansell cares about the bottom dollar. Well I'm here to say that cutting costs in aviation always leads to a fatal accident. I pray that it doesn't happen here but we all believe it will happen under the Hansell management team.

Advice to Management

Leave you have nothing to offer to make this a better company. Paul Tibbets would be ashamed of what you have done to this company, You will never be the customer service company that we had with Santulli in charge.

RSS Feed </> Embed