NetProspex

NetProspex CEO Michael Bird
Michael Bird

Great Experience and Team

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Just a very strong team of smart and talented people. EVERYONE is willing to help and everyone has good intentions and wants the best for the business. The company does not get in its own way as I've seen at other places. Instead, management allows people to do their jobs. The product set is fantastic and the direction of the company is clearly stated and everyone's on board.

Cons

Not many cons. I think the product development process could become more agile but I think we're on the path. Also, a little worried that the development team isn't empowered enough to come up with innovative ideas.

Keep doing what you're doing. Become a little more innovative by hosting tech jams, lunch and learns, etc. rather than making development work so transactional. Empower your developers to promote their ideas - they usually have the best ones.

Great place to work, and grow career

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced environment, lots of company and career growth, hot market, "Big Data" on the resume. Company is small enough for individuals to have a big impact but big enough that the work is a team effort. Tech group works well together. Good salary & benefits. Management respects work/life balance. Work is challenging and interesting. Lots of learning experiences. Management is approachable.

Cons

Parking can be a pain, and there are currently several construction sites on the same road which can be annoying when coming/going. Limited lunch options in walking distance.

More / better parking please!

House of fools

Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Waltham, MA

I worked at NetProspex

Pros

the us data is good

Cons

sales management is thuggish, zero inbound leads, hold outs for 12 months, they turn over 30% of sales reps per quarter. total scorch and burn attitude to both employees and customers, yuck

new sales management

Great culture, hot market, growing team

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management attention, employee engagement, culture and work environment. Also well positioned in a really hot market (marketing technology) so very dynamic place to be.

Cons

less formal reporting structures (good/bad) and parking can be a challenge (so get in early). no real training process but expected given size of company

Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is seriously invested in your success as long as you give them 100% effort. Culture is great and the people are more like family than coworkers. CEO is by far one of the most down to earth people and will regularly be around the office and is more than approachable

Cons

As the company continues to rapidly grow there are some minor issues with space and time that management can dedicate to one individual. All to be expected with such high growth.

Bring on/promote from within another manager or two to work as an extension of the existing managers.

Favoritism at its best, awful company

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NetProspex

Pros

Some of the employees are genuinely nice and want to be helpful, but they are few and far between

Cons

Parking is awful, mid management is unqualified, company culture is either your "in" crowd or "out"

Hire better, more transparent, more qualified mid management

No better place to start my career than at NetProspex

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Waltham, MA

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NetProspex is in high growth mode, which means there are always new people coming to join the team in our mission to help companies make their B2B contact database as complete and actionable as possible. With the frequent addition of new employees, the training never ends, even for the "veterans". I learn more and more about NetProspex and how to get better at my job every day because the people around me are always here to help. Asking questions, staying late, and contributing new ideas goes a long way. Invitations to company events are rewarded for your hard work and team outings are rewarded for group success.

Cons

- Parking can be an issue, but if you're here early enough it shouldn't matter. Unless you drive somewhere for lunch.
    - There is no 401K match program
    - Change/restructuring is always happening since we're a "start-up", but the changes don't happen too fast.

Account Executives get a song of their choice played and their name displayed briefly on a TV for everyone to see when a deal of theirs is won. SDR's think we should have an opportunity alarm for when we create an opportunity for our reps.

Keep sharing your knowledge and spending time with the new employees. Daily and weekly meetings keep us focused and organized. Investing these efforts in us now will certainly pay off down the road.

Current employee who has worked here for 5 months, very satisfied!

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company's culture is probably the best part of working at NetProspex. Everyone truly works together, the atmosphere is very relaxed, and work never feels like a chore.

Cons

Sometimes the work-load is heavy, since the company is growing at such a fast-pace. But it is never too overwhelming!

Amazing staff and a fun work environment. Great to be with growing company that truely cares about it's people

I have been working at NetProspex as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Energetic employees and a relaxed environment makes for a great working experience. Alternative set-ups including couches, lounges, breakout rooms, and plenty of bean bag chairs break the white walled cubical norm, replacing it with color and forward thinking

Cons

Not entiely a con but, with the constant growth, sometimes things need to get done in short time and flexibility is a key for all employees

NetProspex Wins the Day

I have been working at NetProspex full-time (more than an year)

Pros

NetProspex is a small fast growing company with a fun atmosphere and amazing people who inspire you to work harder and challenge yourself. Superiors want you to succeed and encourage you to pursue your interests within your role and the company. As the company grows, there is plenty of room for personal growth within the company.

Cons

With all small companies there are growing pains. Finding the equilibrium between departments is a struggle. Also the parking could be better.

NetProspex Photos

NetProspex HQ at sunset
Main lobby of NetProspex
Check out the great views when you arrive at the building!

+ Add Photo