NetSuite Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
4.0

NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson
Zach Nelson

Pros
  • Rest assured that your work is well-compensated while providing a work-life balance at the same time (in 13 reviews)

• A great product that gets better with each release (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • My work-life balance isn't always ideal (in 6 reviews)

• none so far as I'm a new hire for Netsuite Philippines Inc (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Market leading cloud ERP

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Selling a solution that delivers significant value to Mid-Market companies. Many happy customers willing to be a reference. Strong sales execution culture, high expectation for results.

Cons

Monthly quotas results in constant pressure to close business.

Continue soliciting feedback from the field.

I'm going to be working here a long time.

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As far as benefits and perks go, they have an excellent package and are continually surveying employees to find where it can improve. Salary is competitive, and while salary + benefits are great, a workplace needs culture and community to thrive. In my experience, NetSuite strives to promote skill and career growth, push interactions between its global offices, and provide a friendly office community that makes work just enjoyable and create product to be proud of.

Cons

My team continually pushes for high standards of excellence for our product and pushes for quick completion as well. These demands mean extra time put in as well as limited time to research the absolute best ways to implement our product.

In short, continue being excellent. Push for continual growth in all your employees, and instill passion in us so we can be driven to compete in our markets.

Great culture & great place to build your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

While NetSuite is now getting to be a "big" company with over 3,000 employees, a lot of the things that made them great when they were small still hold true. The executive team is still largely the same from the start-up days and are fantastic leaders with great vision. If you want to work hard, see amazing year-over-year growth, and get rewarded for it in the form of a great career, NetSuite is the place for you to work. And, NetSuite is a place where you have to earn your stripes, so expect a fair competition for career progression from other aspiring employees. Negotiate a good package up-front so you can build on that. But don't negotiate too hard. NetSuite usually makes fair offers in the first go-around. They are not in the habit of low balling offers and going back & forth.

Cons

You're not going to make incredible amounts of money on stock anymore given the company's valuation. If you're looking for a stock comp gold mine, bet on a smaller pre-IPO company.

Keep innovating to keep up with the hottest new technology out there

Average large company where everyone works independently

Current Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible working hours, ability to work independently

Cons

Numbers driven organization, not very personal nor collaborative corporate culture

not very personal nor collaborative corporate culture

Non existent culture, managers who do not care about development and have ineffective communication skills.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NetSuite

Pros

Competitive compensation package
    Growing company - on its way to be $1B company

Cons

One of the worst job experiences I have had in the past 10 years. Middle management do not know how to manage and just want worker bees to churn out work versus striving for development and growth.

Have your managers take some serious leadership training. People leave jobs because of bad managers not bad companies.

Former intern at NetSuite.

I worked at NetSuite part-time

Pros

The company is very open about it's plans and goals and goes to great lengths to ensure that employees understand the integral parts that they play in the organization.

Cons

The start-up mentality in the larger company structure makes for a lot of inefficiencies, heavy workloads, and long days.

Continue to focus on smaller easy to solve issues but don't lose track of the bigger picture. Suffering long-term inefficiencies to take care of low hanging fruit may prove more harmful than helpful.

NetSuite is a collegial, supportive, and productive working environment.

I worked at NetSuite full-time

Pros

Everyone in the company is friendly, intelligent, hard-working, and dedicated to making NetSuite's services the best they can be. Work-life balance is a priority!

Cons

The Legal Department could use better management. Completing individual projects can be swift, efficient, and effective but when multiple divisions or departments are involved efficiency is quickly reduced. Office politics are a mystery to new employees, and there is no centralized or uniform filing system/document management.

Implement and enforce a unified filing system. Maybe hire another paralegal or legal secretary to get this ball rolling and then stay-on to support the IP and Sales teams --maybe hire two!

High marks

Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Have been here for 4 years and can't say enough about it. NetSuite is truly a great product, and one that is improving by leaps and bounds at a rapid pace. The management team is relatively young, energetic, motivated, and a pleasure to work for.

Cons

The pay isn't out of this world, but work-life balance more than makes up for it.

If your policy is that people can & will only earn significant raises when they get a promotion, then stick to that. My raise - on a percentage basis - was lowest the year I was promoted.

Shiny on the outside rusty on the inside

Current Employee - Professional Services Project Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Project Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to work remote, flexible schedule able to continue to learn, rapid growth

Cons

There is no corporate culture except on of Greed and generating billing hours. The Professional Services Group includes PMs, Consultants and other billable customer facing resources. The experienced consultants and PMs are leaving the ship and new green recruits are sent to the front lines with no experience in the product and urged to bill as many hours as possible. Billable hours is the only focus which has created an every person for themselves work environment. There is no collaboration and certainly no motivation to do what is right by the customer since your variable pay is directly correlated to billable hours. There is no focus on continuous improvement or making methods more efficient.

I would not recommend working at NetSuite, maybe it's different in Sales than in PS since growth growth and more growth at any cost is the company mantra.

I am looking elsewhere.

Stop telling employees to "get back to the gold mine" and do some exit interviews if you care about your company and where it is headed.

Technical Account Manager

I have been working at NetSuite

Pros

Benefits, room for growth within the organization.

Cons

Concern for getting lost in such a large organization or there being too many layers of processes that might interfere with expeditious progress.