NetSuite

NetSuite Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson

Zach Nelson

Pros
  • Rest assured that your work is well-compensated while providing a work-life balance at the same time (in 12 reviews)

• They've got a great product which has a great solution for the mid-market, still has a way to go to meet enterprise needs (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • none so far as I'm a new hire for Netsuite Philippines Inc (in 5 reviews)

• My work-life balance isn't always ideal (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

High marks

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsHave been here for 4 years and can't say enough about it. NetSuite is truly a great product, and one that is improving by leaps and bounds at a rapid pace. The management team is relatively young, energetic, motivated, and a pleasure to work for.

ConsThe pay isn't out of this world, but work-life balance more than makes up for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your policy is that people can & will only earn significant raises when they get a promotion, then stick to that. My raise - on a percentage basis - was lowest the year I was promoted.

Growing pains but good place to work

Manager (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsCompany is growing fast and creates many opportunities for those looking for a challenge. Great product and great people.

ConsSeems to be becoming more political as it grows and the office decor is a little dated. Could use a lot of tlc. Company seems to be searching for its culture as it continues to expand.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved and show that you are still vested in the business...as NetSuite has grown it seems as if the executives are less and less visible...could be a factor or scaling the org but people in your company care about its success.

Growing company with lots of potential!

PS Analyst (Current Employee) Denver, CO

Pros-Unlimited PTO, just make sure you get your projects done on time
    -Ability to work from home, as long as you have internet and phone
    -Lots of training to make sure you know everything about the system and company
    -Benefits and compensation are very competitive
    -Plenty of opportunities to learn, grow, and move within the company
    -Everyone is really friendly

ConsNone that I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good enough for the moment.

ProsThe people who aren't management here are wonderful, and the company is reasonable about flexible hours, especially once you've worked there for awhile. The work is very interesting if you like detailed and challenging code work.

ConsManagement seems like they don't actually want to manage, and it shows. Between people who are reluctant managers and the managers whose defining characteristic is 'self-promotion', I have little faith in middle and upper management. Likewise, I'm not sure that this is a great place for a long-term career.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to focus more on enabling good work by employees and encouraging good company culture - there's a weird mix of informal/start up culture and too-strict and meaningless corporate culture, and people are starting to leave. Additionally, salaries are lower than they should be now, and longer-term employees aren't seeing much upside to sticking around. There's more interesting, less stressful and possibly better paying work elsewhere.

Good product but management tolerates incompetent, unethical and dishonest employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThere are a few talented and smart and honest employees who are nice to work with.

ConsLower management are clueless of what they are doing. All they care about are their numbers and would pressure consultants to book more hours than they really worked. They value quantity rather than quality of work so most projects ends up being escalated and results to unsatisfied and upset customers. Each department have their own rules so there's no standard in promoting employees. The company doesn't have any culture at all. If there are project issues, managers' first step is to find the person to blame rather than find a solution to resolve the issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up.

Great company changing the landscape of enterprise software

ProsGood people, fun projects, great customers, transforming the enterprise software space

ConsNeed more emphasis on promoting from within and accelerating employees' skills development.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop people not only hire external senior execs.

Great Place to work!

ProsMy boss is awesome and I've learned a lot since coming to NetSuite. Excellent growth potential. I love working at NetSuite.

ConsCan be a bit political. My work-life balance isn't always ideal. I find that I'm working a lot more on nights and weekends,.

Just another high-tech company

Instructor (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe bennies are above average. My manager is great. I like the flexibility of being able to work remotely at times. Interesting products!

ConsNobody understands my real contributions, as I have 3 roles. Low compensation with no hope of raises. The other employees can be hostile. Some of them avoid sharing info as some sort of head game. Stock underwater. Company is growing quickly, which can be bad for employees. I get a sense that burn-out is rampant, but that's typical for this type of biz. It's nearly impossible to get the tools I need to do my job well.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the cons. Know that some of us bottom feeders have made you mega$ but are not compensated in any way, shape or form. This will explode in your face later.

Suite Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsI work closely with C Level execs at NetSuite and they are accessible, committed, respectful, and overall some really cool ppl to work for. NetSuite takes care of their employees and has a really great comp package! Also, I feel like they are really trying to improve and make more positive changes to show the employees they care and establish NetSuite culture and values.The work/life balance is great as well. The commute is very easy for me at least, I am able to take 280 to work and not commute on 101 (for me that is a HUGE plus)

ConsWell this confirms I am happy here, I am finding it difficult to find Cons- i do tend to focus on the positive as much as possible and comp and benefits package make it easier

Poor management who don't care about anyone but themselves

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat product and disruptive technology

ConsManagement doesn't seem to get it.

Worked for NetSuite? Contribute to the Community!