NetSuite Reviews

Updated October 14, 2014
4.0

NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson
Zach Nelson

Pros
  • Rest assured that your work is well-compensated while providing a work-life balance at the same time (in 13 reviews)

• A great product that gets better with each release (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • My work-life balance isn't always ideal (in 6 reviews)

• none so far as I'm a new hire for Netsuite Philippines Inc (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Growth, at all costs

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great product that gets better with each release. Good colleagues who work hard and try to do the best they can to succeed. Interesting customers who really need a software solution to do better.

Cons

In Professional Services, two numbers drive everything: utilization and revenue. Overall, given the rapid growth of the company, there is little done to help facilitate a quick ramp-up, and no incentive for senior resources to spread their knowledge and mentor newer team members. Travel happens quite a bit, but counts against utilization, so be prepared to work crazy hours to make your targets. Overall, be prepared to "wing it" when the answers to your questions aren't answered, and your customer needs a solution yesterday.

Squeaky wheels with good improv skills and relentless work ethic will succeed here.

Don't expect a good raise if you do well. Salaries are banded, and despite the growth in revenue and a good review, the average raise is 2.5%.

Bring in managers who are actually trained in management and understand it's not simply numbers, and results can be enhanced by helping people succeed. Yes, there is growth, but it could be so much greater if you paid attention to building a team that rewards teamwork.

Growing pains but good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is growing fast and creates many opportunities for those looking for a challenge. Great product and great people.

Cons

Seems to be becoming more political as it grows and the office decor is a little dated. Could use a lot of tlc. Company seems to be searching for its culture as it continues to expand.

Get more involved and show that you are still vested in the business...as NetSuite has grown it seems as if the executives are less and less visible...could be a factor or scaling the org but people in your company care about its success.

Growing company with lots of potential!

Current Employee - PS Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - PS Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Unlimited PTO, just make sure you get your projects done on time
    -Ability to work from home, as long as you have internet and phone
    -Lots of training to make sure you know everything about the system and company
    -Benefits and compensation are very competitive
    -Plenty of opportunities to learn, grow, and move within the company
    -Everyone is really friendly

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep up the great work!

Good enough for the moment.

I have been working at NetSuite full-time

Pros

The people who aren't management here are wonderful, and the company is reasonable about flexible hours, especially once you've worked there for awhile. The work is very interesting if you like detailed and challenging code work.

Cons

Management seems like they don't actually want to manage, and it shows. Between people who are reluctant managers and the managers whose defining characteristic is 'self-promotion', I have little faith in middle and upper management. Likewise, I'm not sure that this is a great place for a long-term career.

Management needs to focus more on enabling good work by employees and encouraging good company culture - there's a weird mix of informal/start up culture and too-strict and meaningless corporate culture, and people are starting to leave. Additionally, salaries are lower than they should be now, and longer-term employees aren't seeing much upside to sticking around. There's more interesting, less stressful and possibly better paying work elsewhere.

Good product but management tolerates incompetent, unethical and dishonest employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are a few talented and smart and honest employees who are nice to work with.

Cons

Lower management are clueless of what they are doing. All they care about are their numbers and would pressure consultants to book more hours than they really worked. They value quantity rather than quality of work so most projects ends up being escalated and results to unsatisfied and upset customers. Each department have their own rules so there's no standard in promoting employees. The company doesn't have any culture at all. If there are project issues, managers' first step is to find the person to blame rather than find a solution to resolve the issue.

Wake up.

Poor management who don't care about anyone but themselves

I worked at NetSuite

Pros

Great product and disruptive technology

Cons

Management doesn't seem to get it.

Great company changing the landscape of enterprise software

I have been working at NetSuite

Pros

Good people, fun projects, great customers, transforming the enterprise software space

Cons

Need more emphasis on promoting from within and accelerating employees' skills development.

Develop people not only hire external senior execs.

Great Place to work!

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My boss is awesome and I've learned a lot since coming to NetSuite. Excellent growth potential. I love working at NetSuite.

Cons

Can be a bit political. My work-life balance isn't always ideal. I find that I'm working a lot more on nights and weekends,.

Just another high-tech company

Current Employee - Instructor in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The bennies are above average. My manager is great. I like the flexibility of being able to work remotely at times. Interesting products!

Cons

Nobody understands my real contributions, as I have 3 roles. Low compensation with no hope of raises. The other employees can be hostile. Some of them avoid sharing info as some sort of head game. Stock underwater. Company is growing quickly, which can be bad for employees. I get a sense that burn-out is rampant, but that's typical for this type of biz. It's nearly impossible to get the tools I need to do my job well.

Read the cons. Know that some of us bottom feeders have made you mega$ but are not compensated in any way, shape or form. This will explode in your face later.

Suite Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work closely with C Level execs at NetSuite and they are accessible, committed, respectful, and overall some really cool ppl to work for. NetSuite takes care of their employees and has a really great comp package! Also, I feel like they are really trying to improve and make more positive changes to show the employees they care and establish NetSuite culture and values.The work/life balance is great as well. The commute is very easy for me at least, I am able to take 280 to work and not commute on 101 (for me that is a HUGE plus)

Cons

Well this confirms I am happy here, I am finding it difficult to find Cons- i do tend to focus on the positive as much as possible and comp and benefits package make it easier