NetSuite Reviews

Reset
3.3
NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson
Zach Nelson

Pros
  • There is good work-life balance with no expectation that you need to check email at night or work on weekends (in 14 reviews)

• A great product that gets better with each release (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • My work-life balance isn't always ideal (in 6 reviews)

• None so far as I am a new joiner (in 5 reviews)

1. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, ground breaking, driven! Overall this a great place to work

Cons

Campus life sub par compared to other high tech firms

Advice to Management

There is no fast track here

2. Sales

I worked at NetSuite

Pros

good company to grow with and direct your career in a great direction. Good product and sound management. All in all a great experience

Cons

support of products was an issue, both during implementation and support. I would like to think they cleared a lot of this up

Advice to Management

keep empowering workers to make impact via their decisions and work ethic. I never felt micromanaged at Netsuite. Keep that stock price up

3. Behaviorial Intervew Process

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Key stakeholders involved right away, not too many hiccups during the process.

Cons

Need to ask as many questions as possible to ascertain if the role
    makes sense for your needs and the company. Not a lot of prodding
    from Talent Acquisition.

Advice to Management

Understand your current talent and develop to retain. Retention for the business, is crucial.

Low energy & collaboration culture

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just a stepping stone for me.

Cons

People and culture are not of a typical tech company. Sharing info is a struggling act every day.

6. Sales

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite

Pros

NetSuite cares about employees and the people are very professional. There is a spirit of helping each other for a common goal, not a cut throat environment as some sales organizations. It's one of the best companies in which I've worked.
    Many employees have a long tenure which drove me to want to work there. This is rare in a sales environment and is testament to the overall positive working experience at the company.
    The product is great for mid sized companies and we are making the way to the enterprise although the product needs to grow to be truly considered Enterprise ready

Cons

Pay is below the average for similar positions on the market
    Resources to get deals done are scarce and it can be truly frustrating maneuvering through a sales cycle
    The office, although currently being upgraded, lacks culture and many of the perks other hot companies provide to their employees
    Some employees are allowed flexible schedules to work at home a couple to a few days per week and others are not afforded the same luxury. It depends on the manager but mostly this is a butts in seats kind of company.
    Professional Services organization is dysfunctional and struggles to keep consultants. I think this is primarily due to growing pains. Seems as if management is trying to rectify this problem. It will just take time.

Advice to Management

Work as hard as the people in the trenches and mingle with us. Create a cohesive culture through team building activities; team lunches, socials, food trucks, events with partners...... Don't play favorites and relax the purse strings. A company with such cash reserves can afford to pay it's sales people market rates.

Associate Software Engineer

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Light middle-management allows for a lot of flexibility as an individual contributor. Decent compensation and benefits. WIth the right attitude, its very easy to be productive

Cons

Upper-management consistently avoids resolving interpersonal problems, by throwing money into technology and into process. This has a compounding effect on many recent hires who struggle to understand what upper-management is thinking and expecting.

Advice to Management

Focus on a clearer message - if providing the best ERP software is the vision, then the mission has to reflect as such.

Life at NetSuite

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for growth, networking, team atmosphere, perks such as travel and expenses. Working for the right team is everything at this company.

Cons

Company is growing so fast you can tell it is hard for them to keep up. You are kind of on your own for on-boarding unless you have a great boss.

Advice to Management

Better on-boarding would do the company good. Also it is important to organize workflows and systems before hiring even more people and adding to the confusion.

Work is fast paced & challenging but the culture sucks

Current Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Starting off, I had no accounting or professional consulting experience and NetSuite took a chance on me. NetSuite doesn't have very much training on best practices other than how to set up the software so it all had to come from experience on the job. Luckily my boss was so patient and helpful (he never told me he was too busy to talk). I learned more at NetSuite than I learned in all my previous companies combined. Their "Unlimited PTO" plan is awesome but does lean to about 20-23 days off before they start to complain.

Cons

- They cut corners at every turn (only B&W printers, no food/snacks, keep crappy computers for 3 years, no whiteboards, 1 party a year, little to no happy hours / lunches)
    - The staff is old, keeps to themselves and is not willing to help others.
    - Everyone is married and with kids so no one wants to go out after work
    - The one picnic I went to was basically a children's playplace rather than an adult work party
    - People are boring and are really hard to get excited about anything
    - Not many people go out to lunch
    - Far from any reasonable transportation from SF (CalTrain to Shuttle)
    - Decor is dull and dreary
    - Perfectly fine with saying "No we don't do that" to customers instead of working with them for a common goal.
    - No personal help or development towards your goals
    - Will flat-out deny you on expense reports that aren't what they consider reasonable expenses.
    - Most meetings are WebEx conferences, even with people on the same floor!

Advice to Management

INVEST IN YOUR CULTURE. The people are what makes the company flourish. I dreaded going to work everyday for the last 6 months because there was nothing to look forward to. Eventually, I just worked from home every chance I got. I was the youngest, most cheerful person on the floor and I don't even think I'm that cheerful. Spend time getting people to engage with others. The company is so introverted that they would rather stay in their cubes than interact.

Boring. And the Regional Managers for Account Management are inexperienced and way too harsh on new employees.

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent on-ramp program. Sales enablement program is solid at the beginning. Basically they lay off of you the first few months you join NS.

Cons

I actually gave a 5 star rating when I started. After settling in the past few months I am seeing terrible trends at NetSuite. It is like working in a dungeon with people trapped all around you in cubes and no one is enjoying their life. Basically much like working at an Oracle or an SAP except resources are much more limited and campus is not nearly as nice.

Zero Culture here.

No consistency in any area of the office except for my manager completely overreacting and micromanaging my every move from week to week.

No security, they have been firing folks for almost no reason.

Very few solid managers.

Zero out of 100 when it comes to people development after bootcamp.

Advice to Management

We are in the middle of Silicon Valley. Make it fun again or else top talent has plenty of places to go. The people that enjoy to come into work will be motivated to consistently perform at a high level because they have something to lose.

Develop your management team and culture. Managers are not managing accounts anymore, they are managing people. Treat them with some dignity and respect.

It's not too late to still make this a great place where people want to work.

Proceed with extreme caution!!

Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology space.
    Some really terrific individual contributors trying to do the right thing.

Cons

Teams don't collaborate well. True collection of individual contributors focused on individual accomplishments.
    Very weak marketing leadership. Very little strategic planning and communication. Senior leaders who have been in place for a long time are tyrants and their poor (unprofessional) behavior is tolerated and accommodated.
    HR is non existent.
    All the negative things you may have heard about culture at Oracle has manifested within NetSuite.

From a product perspective, while they proclaim that they are innovative, documentation and collateral is often years old -- why? because there has not been enough change to warrant updates.

Proceed with caution!!

Advice to Management

Clean house! Bring in marketing leadership from outside who actually have perspective and know how to build and cultivate world class teams.

RSS Feed </> Embed