NetSuite Reviews

Life at NetSuite

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for growth, networking, team atmosphere, perks such as travel and expenses. Working for the right team is everything at this company.

Cons

Company is growing so fast you can tell it is hard for them to keep up. You are kind of on your own for on-boarding unless you have a great boss.

Better on-boarding would do the company good. Also it is important to organize workflows and systems before hiring even more people and adding to the confusion.

Work is fast paced & challenging but the culture sucks

Current Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Starting off, I had no accounting or professional consulting experience and NetSuite took a chance on me. NetSuite doesn't have very much training on best practices other than how to set up the software so it all had to come from experience on the job. Luckily my boss was so patient and helpful (he never told me he was too busy to talk). I learned more at NetSuite than I learned in all my previous companies combined. Their "Unlimited PTO" plan is awesome but does lean to about 20-23 days off before they start to complain.

Cons

- They cut corners at every turn (only B&W printers, no food/snacks, keep crappy computers for 3 years, no whiteboards, 1 party a year, little to no happy hours / lunches)
    - The staff is old, keeps to themselves and is not willing to help others.
    - Everyone is married and with kids so no one wants to go out after work
    - The one picnic I went to was basically a children's playplace rather than an adult work party
    - People are boring and are really hard to get excited about anything
    - Not many people go out to lunch
    - Far from any reasonable transportation from SF (CalTrain to Shuttle)
    - Decor is dull and dreary
    - Perfectly fine with saying "No we don't do that" to customers instead of working with them for a common goal.
    - No personal help or development towards your goals
    - Will flat-out deny you on expense reports that aren't what they consider reasonable expenses.
    - Most meetings are WebEx conferences, even with people on the same floor!

INVEST IN YOUR CULTURE. The people are what makes the company flourish. I dreaded going to work everyday for the last 6 months because there was nothing to look forward to. Eventually, I just worked from home every chance I got. I was the youngest, most cheerful person on the floor and I don't even think I'm that cheerful. Spend time getting people to engage with others. The company is so introverted that they would rather stay in their cubes than interact.

Boring. And the Regional Managers for Account Management are inexperienced and way too harsh on new employees.

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent on-ramp program. Sales enablement program is solid at the beginning. Basically they lay off of you the first few months you join NS.

Cons

I actually gave a 5 star rating when I started. After settling in the past few months I am seeing terrible trends at NetSuite. It is like working in a dungeon with people trapped all around you in cubes and no one is enjoying their life. Basically much like working at an Oracle or an SAP except resources are much more limited and campus is not nearly as nice.

Zero Culture here.

No consistency in any area of the office except for my manager completely overreacting and micromanaging my every move from week to week.

No security, they have been firing folks for almost no reason.

Very few solid managers.

Zero out of 100 when it comes to people development after bootcamp.

We are in the middle of Silicon Valley. Make it fun again or else top talent has plenty of places to go. The people that enjoy to come into work will be motivated to consistently perform at a high level because they have something to lose.

Develop your management team and culture. Managers are not managing accounts anymore, they are managing people. Treat them with some dignity and respect.

It's not too late to still make this a great place where people want to work.

Proceed with extreme caution!!

Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interesting technology space.
    Some really terrific individual contributors trying to do the right thing.

Cons

Teams don't collaborate well. True collection of individual contributors focused on individual accomplishments.
    Very weak marketing leadership. Very little strategic planning and communication. Senior leaders who have been in place for a long time are tyrants and their poor (unprofessional) behavior is tolerated and accommodated.
    HR is non existent.
    All the negative things you may have heard about culture at Oracle has manifested within NetSuite.

From a product perspective, while they proclaim that they are innovative, documentation and collateral is often years old -- why? because there has not been enough change to warrant updates.

Proceed with caution!!

Clean house! Bring in marketing leadership from outside who actually have perspective and know how to build and cultivate world class teams.

Great people, great product, lots of opportunity to move around

Former Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you take your career seriously, they will give you an opportunity to grow.

Cons

can be corporate at times.

Give employees the opportunity to throw ideas into an idea box.

Great culture & great place to build your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I worked at NetSuite full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

While NetSuite is now getting to be a "big" company with over 3,000 employees, a lot of the things that made them great when they were small still hold true. The executive team is still largely the same from the start-up days and are fantastic leaders with great vision. If you want to work hard, see amazing year-over-year growth, and get rewarded for it in the form of a great career, NetSuite is the place for you to work. And, NetSuite is a place where you have to earn your stripes, so expect a fair competition for career progression from other aspiring employees. Negotiate a good package up-front so you can build on that. But don't negotiate too hard. NetSuite usually makes fair offers in the first go-around. They are not in the habit of low balling offers and going back & forth.

Cons

You're not going to make incredible amounts of money on stock anymore given the company's valuation. If you're looking for a stock comp gold mine, bet on a smaller pre-IPO company.

Keep innovating to keep up with the hottest new technology out there

8. Average large company where everyone works independently

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible working hours, ability to work independently

Cons

Numbers driven organization, not very personal nor collaborative corporate culture

not very personal nor collaborative corporate culture

Shiny on the outside rusty on the inside

Current Employee - Professional Services Project Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Project Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Ability to work remote, flexible schedule able to continue to learn, rapid growth

Cons

There is no corporate culture except on of Greed and generating billing hours. The Professional Services Group includes PMs, Consultants and other billable customer facing resources. The experienced consultants and PMs are leaving the ship and new green recruits are sent to the front lines with no experience in the product and urged to bill as many hours as possible. Billable hours is the only focus which has created an every person for themselves work environment. There is no collaboration and certainly no motivation to do what is right by the customer since your variable pay is directly correlated to billable hours. There is no focus on continuous improvement or making methods more efficient.

I would not recommend working at NetSuite, maybe it's different in Sales than in PS since growth growth and more growth at any cost is the company mantra.

I am looking elsewhere.

Stop telling employees to "get back to the gold mine" and do some exit interviews if you care about your company and where it is headed.

NetSuite is a collegial, supportive, and productive working environment.

I worked at NetSuite full-time

Pros

Everyone in the company is friendly, intelligent, hard-working, and dedicated to making NetSuite's services the best they can be. Work-life balance is a priority!

Cons

The Legal Department could use better management. Completing individual projects can be swift, efficient, and effective but when multiple divisions or departments are involved efficiency is quickly reduced. Office politics are a mystery to new employees, and there is no centralized or uniform filing system/document management.

Implement and enforce a unified filing system. Maybe hire another paralegal or legal secretary to get this ball rolling and then stay-on to support the IP and Sales teams --maybe hire two!

Growing pains but good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is growing fast and creates many opportunities for those looking for a challenge. Great product and great people.

Cons

Seems to be becoming more political as it grows and the office decor is a little dated. Could use a lot of tlc. Company seems to be searching for its culture as it continues to expand.

Get more involved and show that you are still vested in the business...as NetSuite has grown it seems as if the executives are less and less visible...could be a factor or scaling the org but people in your company care about its success.