NetSuite Reviews in San Mateo, CA

Updated August 18, 2014

4.0

NetSuite President, CEO, and Director Zach Nelson
Zach Nelson

Pros
  • Rest assured that your work is well-compensated while providing a work-life balance at the same time (in 12 reviews)

• They've got a great product which has a great solution for the mid-market, still has a way to go to meet enterprise needs (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • none so far as I'm a new hire for Netsuite Philippines Inc (in 5 reviews)

• My work-life balance isn't always ideal (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

NetSuite is a collegial, supportive, and productive working environment.

I worked at NetSuite full-time

Pros

Everyone in the company is friendly, intelligent, hard-working, and dedicated to making NetSuite's services the best they can be. Work-life balance is a priority!

Cons

The Legal Department could use better management. Completing individual projects can be swift, efficient, and effective but when multiple divisions or departments are involved efficiency is quickly reduced. Office politics are a mystery to new employees, and there is no centralized or uniform filing system/document management.

Implement and enforce a unified filing system. Maybe hire another paralegal or legal secretary to get this ball rolling and then stay-on to support the IP and Sales teams --maybe hire two!

Shiny on the outside rusty on the inside

Current Employee - Professional Services Project Manager  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Project Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work remote, flexible schedule able to continue to learn, rapid growth

Cons

There is no corporate culture except on of Greed and generating billing hours. The Professional Services Group includes PMs, Consultants and other billable customer facing resources. The experienced consultants and PMs are leaving the ship and new green recruits are sent to the front lines with no experience in the product and urged to bill as many hours as possible. Billable hours is the only focus which has created an every person for themselves work environment. There is no collaboration and certainly no motivation to do what is right by the customer since your variable pay is directly correlated to billable hours. There is no focus on continuous improvement or making methods more efficient.

I would not recommend working at NetSuite, maybe it's different in Sales than in PS since growth growth and more growth at any cost is the company mantra.

I am looking elsewhere.

Stop telling employees to "get back to the gold mine" and do some exit interviews if you care about your company and where it is headed.

Growing pains but good place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite for more than 5 years

Pros

Company is growing fast and creates many opportunities for those looking for a challenge. Great product and great people.

Cons

Seems to be becoming more political as it grows and the office decor is a little dated. Could use a lot of tlc. Company seems to be searching for its culture as it continues to expand.

Get more involved and show that you are still vested in the business...as NetSuite has grown it seems as if the executives are less and less visible...could be a factor or scaling the org but people in your company care about its success.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just another high-tech company

Current Employee - Instructor  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Instructor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The bennies are above average. My manager is great. I like the flexibility of being able to work remotely at times. Interesting products!

Cons

Nobody understands my real contributions, as I have 3 roles. Low compensation with no hope of raises. The other employees can be hostile. Some of them avoid sharing info as some sort of head game. Stock underwater. Company is growing quickly, which can be bad for employees. I get a sense that burn-out is rampant, but that's typical for this type of biz. It's nearly impossible to get the tools I need to do my job well.

Read the cons. Know that some of us bottom feeders have made you mega$ but are not compensated in any way, shape or form. This will explode in your face later.

Suite Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work closely with C Level execs at NetSuite and they are accessible, committed, respectful, and overall some really cool ppl to work for. NetSuite takes care of their employees and has a really great comp package! Also, I feel like they are really trying to improve and make more positive changes to show the employees they care and establish NetSuite culture and values.The work/life balance is great as well. The commute is very easy for me at least, I am able to take 280 to work and not commute on 101 (for me that is a HUGE plus)

Cons

Well this confirms I am happy here, I am finding it difficult to find Cons- i do tend to focus on the positive as much as possible and comp and benefits package make it easier

It's okay but people seem to be jumping ship

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work-life balance is good
    Salary is close to market

Cons

No defined culture really
    People seem to be leaving in droves (HR, Finance,etc)
    New CPO is carbon copy of last one
    Some of us are under water with our stock options nowadays
    Not handing out RSU's anymore

Put some fun in the culture and company. Seems like a takeover target if things don't get better. Most act like Oracle but we aren't Oracle! Be unique!

Great Company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the energy and talent - very smart, driven people. I have no doubt NS will continue to be a great success.

Cons

Stronger health and financial benefits to keep up w/the market.

Invest in infrastructure that can support our awesome growth!

Toxic, political culture with management bullying

I worked at NetSuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is good work-life balance with no expectation that you need to check email at night or work on weekends. Base pay is very competitive, as is the number of RSUs they hand out. The stock has also done phenomenally well.

Cons

One of the worst cultures I have ever worked in. Screaming matches, cursing, and outright bullying are quite common, and HR does very little. You need to spend most of your time building political capital and getting yourself into the good books of the various powerful cliques in the company. You also need to engage in used car salesman tactics of having to buy bottles of wine and other gifts to get on people's good side.

Engineering: These folks are extremely overworked and have changing deadlines and shifting priorities thrown at them all the time. The application does not scale well and causes headaches during upgrade time.

Product Management: A good product, but acquisitions have caused numerous challenges for customers, especially the OpenAir acquisition.

Sales and Sales Engineering: Lots of backbiting. Sales reps are shamed publicly on a "leaderboard" by the CEO when failing to sign up customers for SuiteWorld. Experienced SEs rarely getting any autonomy. A lot of reps don't last 6 months here.

Marketing: Absolute lack of leadership everywhere. Numerous cliques here and rampant gossiping behind your back. Micromanagement to the core, by insecure product marketing leadership and constant turf battles all the time.

Don't laud yourself for the rise in stock price - you're lucky that the hedge funds are interested in the cloud fad. If Oracle doesn't buy you, you're in deep trouble. Kenandy has a ton of Enterprise ERP customers while you're still stuck in the SMB after 15 years.

Working hard, good compensation

Current Employee - Professional Service Consultant  in  San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Service Consultant in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at NetSuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation package, unfortunately no ESPP.
    Working hard and long hours, and being recognized for it.
    A little early to say, but it seems that NetSuite offers good career opportunities.

Cons

A little much Oracle influence here. Missing some fun at work, Friday drinks, team building events...
    Also, too little formal training offered to employees.

Make it more fun at the office! It doesnt give a good image when employees walk around with a long face and don't greet each other in hallways. Some team spirit missing!

Disappointment, although good product

I worked at NetSuite full-time for more than a year

Pros

They've got a great product which has a great solution for the mid-market, still has a way to go to meet enterprise needs. But compared to the competition out there, it's a no-brainer for a cloud ERP system. Pay was good, in line with the current market.

Cons

Management seems very much an "old boys club" or college clique, treat anyone who's not a manager like a lower-class person. The culture is super old-school, mentality of "if you're not in your seat, you're not working". A lot of micromanaging, in all aspects: how they run deals, people, how they spend their money -- penny-pinching on everything. for ex, making you travel on a weekend, or multi-leg flight just to save the company money, when it should be the employee's time away from the family they should be concerned about. Lots of double-standards - tell you one thing, then go do something else. And the office culture is so sad, the most depressing environment I've ever worked in. Not the young-company, fast-paced environment I was hoping for. Even internally folks are curious how they won some local best-company to work for, probably because they believe in the product.

If you want to grow the company, you have to think more strategically. Trust your employees that you hire, with experience.

Worked for NetSuite? Contribute to the Community!