Netbuilder

Updated December 2, 2014
Updated December 2, 2014
4.2

Tony Lysak

Fast paced, intense but friendly training period. Exciting and challenging projects.

Former Employee - Graduate Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Netbuilder full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked as a Graduate Gateway Consultant at Netbuilder between 2011-2013. They have trained us around very niche technologies which are on high demand on the market. Very good opportunity for Graduates to develop their technical skills. I have gained strong commercial experience within that 2 years which enabled me to continue my career as a Senior Software Developer.

Cons

Fast paced environment, can be stressful time to time.

The perfect way to start your IT Consulting career

Current Employee - Gateway Consultant in Worthing, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- 12 weeks intensive training in high-demand technologies
    - Support offered whilst relocating to Worthing from anywhere
    - Being placed with big names in the technology sector gets your name out there and gets you known
    - Great social atmosphere; not an unfriendly face to be seen
    - Proficient trainers that know their technologies inside out provide all the help you need to become skilled in that area
    - After training is finished, there is a base salary even if you haven't been placed with a client yet

Cons

- Subsistence pay could be a little higher to ease the financial burden of relocating, though extra assistance is given where needed
    - Training building feels a little cramped after a new group of trainees joined

I really like the people and the atmosphere.

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Steep learning curve - You will get into programming starting from basic level and ending up in advanced.
    Big variety - There is a big variety to chose what you like to do and learn that technology.
    Professional training - The training includes business and technical perspective.
    Friendly environment - Everybody gets along and is very sociable, company organizes events from time to time.

Cons

12 week training period - We only receive 400 pounds per month for accommodation expenses.
    Flexibility - You don't have any power to choose which city you want to work in, you have to be prepared to travel anywhere the company needs you.

Expanding the offices.

Tough work, but well worth it

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Full training
    Learn niche technologies in high demand
    Friendly working environment
    Chance to work with high profile companies
    Salary is good for entry level

Cons

Training is unpaid, though it does come with a small stipend
    Tied into two year Contract
    Need to be flexible with regards to location

Make sure to keep up communication with trainees and graduates, and you're fine.

The a good step in the right direction

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The IT industry is a highly competitive environment and after spending just under a year dealing with little to no contact or refusals from potential employers this company is giving me the ability to show I'm an asset on a development team.

The range of clients which the consultants are sent to are big names which will easily help my CV stand out from the crowd. Another perk of my role is being able to network with a huge range of people from a variety of different technologies and companies. The wage is competitive and is a great start for any graduate.

Although I'm not eligible for holiday the company also organised an all expenses paid trip to Majorca which is a nice bonus for anyone over the year mark.

Cons

The main problem at the start was the low training wage, this made moving and living in Worthing a little troublesome and I had to be supported by savings and family to pay for my essentials. The uncertainty of you roles is also a problem which can't be helped, they try to accommodate you as much as possible with the transition between two places.

A small raise to the training allowance would greatly help your new staff as at the moment it only covers just rent in the area.

Friendly Company where you get what you give

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company culture is fun with regular events. There are lots of opportunities to get into big clients that you cant get any other way. You get a good amount of holiday and booking time off is very easy. You get paid during your training period which is very rare among these types of companies and you also get a basic salary when you aren't working for a client

Cons

The rate of turn-around from training to being on site means that you cant get very settled and while it is easy to make friends they aren't likely to be in the same place as you for more than a few months. It can also seem at times as though everyone except you is getting the opportunities and clients as people get placed quite regularly.

Try to keep employees more in the loop as to what is happening

Great opportunity for graduates looking to break into software development

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Initial 12 weeks training in niche technologies
    -Working with large nationwide organisations
    -Helps to ease graduates from university into work
    -Very good career progression opportunities following the two years on the Graduate Gateway Programme
    -Being able to work with like minded people
    -Friendly environment and good culture between all departments of the business

Cons

-Offices could do with a bit of redecorating

An Opportunity to Excel

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Intense, challenging training, where you will learn alot.
    -Good atmosphere within the company, very friendly.
    -Placements in technology thats in high demand.
    -Competitive rate once you are placed on client-side.
    -Great opportunity to build an impressive CV working with high profile clients.

Cons

-You are tied into a 2 year contract
    -The training is not paid, however you will receive 400 pounds a month towards your living costs.
    -You have to be very flexible and ready to relocate anywhere.

Keep the graduates best interests at heart where possible (within reason obviously) and you can't go far wrong.

Forward thinking and fun.

I have been working at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The workforce are young, ambitious and keen to learn; the management team promote a positive and inclusive working environment with regular drinks and social events. The younger members of the company have some very gifted minds to look up to and work alongside, helping with their development and giving them confidence to improve their skills.

As our Academy Consultants are permanent company employees, we take great pride and care in ensuring each experience is as positive and rewarding as the next. Around a fifth of our Consultants have been taken on permanently by customers and many more are enjoying moving up through the ranks on market-leading development and implementation projects with global, blue chip firms.

A fantastic place to start your career.

Cons

Only downside is that the Worthing Academy Training site is a 15-min walk from the nearest station, and the building is a little tired

Consider other options before netbuilder!

I worked at Netbuilder full-time (less than an year)

Pros

getting paid a minimal amount during training

Cons

The training is been done by anyone in the company !
    They don't have any official trainers.
    Even if you sign the permanent contract they will let you go whenever they want.
    Major fact for them is to get you on the client site if not you wont be staying long in the company.
    From my work history i never met a unprofessional company as netbuilder.
    No employee benefits which are useful.

get some professional trainers and work as a team!

Netbuilder Response

Sep 3, 2014Resourcing Manager

Many thanks for your feedback, we value your opinion.

The NETbuilder Training Manager currently works alongside 2 full-time Trainers, who design and deliver all our specialist material on the
    ... More