Netcentric Reviews

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
4.0

CEO

A good choice if you can handle the expectations.

I have been working at Netcentric full-time for more than a year

Pros

The reason why I like to work for the company are the people, period.
    The company’s hit ratio when it comes to find and to hire the matching people is quite good.
    It’s very easy to get along with virtually everyone and to have somebody’s ear, regardless of his/her position.

But to be fair this type of company is not the perfect match for everyone.
    Netcentric is still a startup and therefore the right people with a hands on mentality are required.

- It is not a big enterprise but still a young company. The company’s strength is it’s flexibility and flat hierarchy.
    - The company has professional feedback culture and process based on clearly defined core values. No one minds you if you address your concerns constructively.
    - "Taking the initiative" mentality is very welcome and acknowledged
    - Excellent offices
    - Upper class apple equipment. Everyone just gets the tools to be productive without wasting time with pointless discussions.
    - Regular company events like sailing, skiing and oktober fest visits
    - Transparent bonus scheme with a good participation on the companies profit.
    - Sponsored gym membership
    - Free coffee, fruits and drinks
    - Monthly company wide call to inform about numbers, project situation, new employees …
    - Regular training and an „at least one conference per year policy“ for techies

Cons

- Be realistic it's project business, so do not expect a 9 to 5 job all the time. If you can not handle that then you should better think twice before joining Netcentric.
    - You will get regular and clear feedback. This is positive and negative because not everyone can handle feedback, especially if it is conflicting with your own self-assessment (see the first comment).
    - No one will babysit you, this means if you are lacking informationen about your personal situation then you are expected to ask pro actively.
    - Project's are mostly in Switzerland, Germany and UK
    - Depending on the position travelling is expected.

One of the best companies I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Barcelona (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at Netcentric full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flat hierarchy
    - Everybody has a voice and the opportunity to learn and grow
    - Nice work environment, personally and materially speaking
    - They know how to have fun
    - Use of technologies that are hard to learn in other places (i.e.: Adobe CQ)
    - Paid conferences & training
    - Transparency: each month we are told how we are doing, and we receive an accurate update on projects, status, income, expenses, etc.
    - International enviroment

Cons

- The company is very young and you can tell they're not perfect, but that is not necessarily negative. We all have a voice, and we can help it improve.

- Talk more to your people. Apparently some of them are unhappy enough to leave negative (and anonymous) reviews. Everyone is invited to talk out loud about anything, and feedback is encouraged. But apparently some people just don't get it.

Successful startup. 4 offices in Munch, Zurich, Barcelona and London after 12 months.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Munich (Germany)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Munich (Germany)

I have been working at Netcentric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Netcentric invested a lot in us as the employees: Apple hardware, excellent offices, company events, bonus scheme.
    Projects mostly in Switzerland with opportunities to travel to Barcelona and London for meetings and projects.
    Management works as all others employees in customer assignments.

Cons

Growths needs to be handled properly. The values are not lived the same way in the different locations. A lot of work.

Spare time for all the new joiners.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Netcentric - A problematic company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Barcelona (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at Netcentric full-time for more than a year

Pros

Once you start working with them, they provide you with an iPhone and a MacBook.
    2-3 leisure trips are being organized per year.
    Offices in a nice location.

Cons

Management has no experience managing a big company.
    Lack of communication between managers located in different countries.
    The board of directors takes all the decision regarding employees' project assignment, leaving the inferior managers with no choice. Consequently wrong people are being assigned to wrong projects,
    Employees are getting bored easily, as there are big idle periods, that there is no workload.

Managers have to be aware of the potential of their employees and cultivate those skills accordingly, instead of assigning them to irrelevant projects and leave them there for months.

Netcentric Response

Feb 28, 2014Talent Manager

Continuous, open feedback is one of the most important values that we cultivate at Netcentric and an indispensable ingredient for the development of our company and its culture. Netcentric is a ... More

Worked for Netcentric? Contribute to the Community!