Netflix

Reed Hastings

97 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Drink lots of coffee.

Hillsboro, OR

Pros24 hours a day available for setting schedule. I was paid very well through the temp agency and then was given a good raise after I was hired on. There was also a lot of windows and a cheery looking appearance.

ConsConstant changes in team organization and fear filled environment. There were mental health hotline tear aways in the bathrooms. It wasn't an easy place to work because management constantly hounded you if you made a single mistake.

Great team, great perks, great pay

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsGreat health coverage, great hours, great team building, great leadership

ConsAnnoying as hell customers who don't know a thing about the technology they purchase

Advice to Senior ManagementChat and email inquires please

Challenging and rewarding Customer Service Job

CSR2 (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsThe pay was extremely comparable to other call center jobs in the area. I found that success was completely individually based - essentially, if you wanted to do well you had to really focus your efforts on coming into work with a fresh attitude.

ConsThe call center environment makes you feel like you are "just a number" often. It is also difficult to be gauged how successful you are at your work based off of each individual you talk to (via surveys).

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience, difficult job

Hillsboro, OR

Pros-Decent employee benefits
    -Fellow employees are great
    -Not too much direct oversight/too many meetings
    -Training was excellent and engaging

ConsPerformance metrics seem reasonable at first, but it's nearly impossible to meet some of them. For example, one of your metrics is the percentage of "No" answers you get from the survey at the end of the call asking customers if they were satisfied, but this system is relatively flawed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees a bit more breathing room, and you'll have a much happier workforce.

Dynamic is not always a good thing.

Disposition Representative (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

Pros- Company is very motivated to make improvements and will not hesitate to try any path towards innovation. Therefore, things are constantly changing and providing a challenge.
    -Decent wages and benefits.
    -Flexible schedules

Cons-Since company readily implements improvements, and not all initiatives are successful, there is a great deal of back tracking and job ambiguity.
    -Very fickle in requirements and needs

Over matrixed under thought out

Senior Supervisor (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsFast paced, energetic place to work. The compensation was great, and the tools at our disposal were more than adequate to build and retain strong teams.

ConsTo much reliance on matrix and not enough on individuality that empowers employees to do great things. While we had great tools, were were not given the autonomy to use them effectively. Good people had to be let go for arbitrary reasons, and other that should move on are kept.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward creativity, relax a wee bit, and never ever hire more people than you really need. Doing so creates problems down the road that are not good for anyone.

Mistake of a lifetime. Total career suicide. Hillsboro

Csr1 (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsPaydays, quitting time, seeing your superiors fail.

ConsHow about...an unspoken policy of fear, day in, day out. Managers that are ignorant, uneducated, selfish, and stupid. Oh, and flunkie "team supervisors" that get promoted to the position only because they know how to suck up and let themselves get abused by management...Oh, there was so much more. This is flat-out the WORST company I've ever worked for. They laid me off because of my "call time average" was 7 seconds, yes...SECONDS, over their silly weekly limit. In reality, they laid me off because I was 50, and have medical problems. Oh, I hope I live to see the day when someone sues the hell out of them. I just can't wait. I have never wanted for a company to fail, but I want them to.

Advice to Senior ManagementReed, pay attention, you little weasel. Why don't you sell this company so someone with someone with a soul can run it. Are we clear? You, Dude, SUCK!!!!

Netflix is a high performance atmosphere that allows you the freedom to use your judgement on your calls verses scripts.

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsFeedback is appreciated and constantly given.

ConsLack of moving up. Tenure is not considered at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

A Class Act with a positive future

Customer Service Supervisor III (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsThe company's innovative outlooks and potential future campaigns keeps it as the leading edge of technology

ConsCustomer service may sometimes be the last to know about marketing strategies/campaigns until calls hit the customer service agents.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive for customer service results in order to help develop that outstanding rapport with the clients

Great Pressure High Pressure

Hillsboro, OR

ProsThe pay for a customer service call center position was great and there were tons of overtime opportunities

ConsHigh pressure to meet customer satisfaction goals

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat you employees like people and not a metric

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Netflix reviews and ratings in Hillsboro, OR — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. All 97 reviews posted anonymously by Netflix employees.