Netflix Reviews in Oregon

Updated August 21, 2014
3.6

Netflix Founder, Chairman and CEO Reed Hastings
Reed Hastings

Pros
  • Freedom and Responsibility" is their guiding phrase here and it is true (in 29 reviews)

• Good Pay & Fact paced work environment (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Netflix makes no secret about it's high performance culture, which results in a very high turnover (in 18 reviews)

• IT IS LITERALLY TRUE THAT IT IS CULTURE OF FEAR, no matter how talented you are (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

107 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great summer job.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

As much as the customers could be awful sometimes, Netflix really tried to make us happy. The supervisors were very hands on, and always there to help. My team of co-workers were very helpful too. We were always in group chats discussing issues. There were always contests going around, and fresh fruits in the break rooms.

Cons

The only con really is that you don't get to choose your hours. You may get stuck with the overnight shift, or working all weekend days. They do pay you more for those hours though.

Miserable

Former Employee - Technical Support  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting wage was decent and the weekly pay (through the temp agency) made budgeting easy.
    Subscription perks were a feature (free discs and streaming, max package).

Cons

Being lied to about converting from temp employees to actual Netflix employees, having the conversion scheduled then canceled, not willing to take into account the general unhappiness of the customer and thus terminating good employees.

Treat your employees with respect and follow through on your promises.

Previous employee, been a few years

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice bling
    Decent pay
    very good ticket software

Cons

The only place I've seen this much churn is at a fruit packing shed. The best manager I've ever had was fired for no particular reason, along with his boss and several other employees. If you could not make the customers give you a good review (hard to do when they did maintenance every Tuesday at 10pm), you would be fired.

Quit holding people accountable for things outside of their control.There's no point in a liberal vacation policy if people are fired for taking a few days off. I will not work for a company that does not have compassion for its employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Drink lots of coffee.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

24 hours a day available for setting schedule. I was paid very well through the temp agency and then was given a good raise after I was hired on. There was also a lot of windows and a cheery looking appearance.

Cons

Constant changes in team organization and fear filled environment. There were mental health hotline tear aways in the bathrooms. It wasn't an easy place to work because management constantly hounded you if you made a single mistake.

Great team, great perks, great pay

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great health coverage, great hours, great team building, great leadership

Cons

Annoying as hell customers who don't know a thing about the technology they purchase

Chat and email inquires please

Amazingly, entertaining

Current Employee - Floor Support  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Floor Support in Portland, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are great, stock options, 401k, and they pay a decent wage for a call center.

Cons

The call volume can be very high at times and not allow much time for breathing between calls.

Challenging and rewarding Customer Service Job

Former Employee - CSR2  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - CSR2 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay was extremely comparable to other call center jobs in the area. I found that success was completely individually based - essentially, if you wanted to do well you had to really focus your efforts on coming into work with a fresh attitude.

Cons

The call center environment makes you feel like you are "just a number" often. It is also difficult to be gauged how successful you are at your work based off of each individual you talk to (via surveys).

Slow decline in customer and employee satisfaction.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at Netflix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been around almost 5 years and 5 years ago this was the best place in town to work Where the average rep said they might get 2 angry calls a day, management listened and worked with you, extra perks were provided, though if you are good at your job you mostly get left alone. It is easy to request time off at least.

Cons

Over the last 5 years they have gradually removed most perks, computer systems are old broken and questionably secure, chairs are even falling apart, in 5 years no one but management has ever received a raise, this year most of us actually took a paycut for doing more work than we were expected to do when originally hired at the same rate. Schedule changes every 6 months with little to no flexibility for students or parents. Questionable business practices with retaliation if you ask too many questions. Entirely metrics based assessment, some supervisors are very supportive and some give absolutely no support if they respond to questions at all, so your ability to perform your job often does on your luck getting placed with a responsive supervisor.

Management has been visibly around though I've personally never had a conversation with any currently employed manager in 5 years, only those managers who have since been fired. So while visibly there also strangely absent and disconnected.

Good experience, difficult job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Decent employee benefits
    -Fellow employees are great
    -Not too much direct oversight/too many meetings
    -Training was excellent and engaging

Cons

Performance metrics seem reasonable at first, but it's nearly impossible to meet some of them. For example, one of your metrics is the percentage of "No" answers you get from the survey at the end of the call asking customers if they were satisfied, but this system is relatively flawed.

Give employees a bit more breathing room, and you'll have a much happier workforce.

Dynamic is not always a good thing.

Former Employee - Disposition Representative  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Disposition Representative in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Company is very motivated to make improvements and will not hesitate to try any path towards innovation. Therefore, things are constantly changing and providing a challenge.
    -Decent wages and benefits.
    -Flexible schedules

Cons

-Since company readily implements improvements, and not all initiatives are successful, there is a great deal of back tracking and job ambiguity.
    -Very fickle in requirements and needs

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!