Netflix

Netflix Reviews in Oregon

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Netflix Founder, Chairman and CEO Reed Hastings

Reed Hastings

Pros
  • Freedom and Responsibility" is their guiding phrase here and it is true (in 29 reviews)

• Good Pay & Fact paced work environment (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Netflix makes no secret about it's high performance culture, which results in a very high turnover (in 18 reviews)

• IT IS LITERALLY TRUE THAT IT IS CULTURE OF FEAR, no matter how talented you are (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights
105 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Drink lots of coffee.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

Pros24 hours a day available for setting schedule. I was paid very well through the temp agency and then was given a good raise after I was hired on. There was also a lot of windows and a cheery looking appearance.

ConsConstant changes in team organization and fear filled environment. There were mental health hotline tear aways in the bathrooms. It wasn't an easy place to work because management constantly hounded you if you made a single mistake.

Previous employee, been a few years

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsNice bling
    Decent pay
    very good ticket software

ConsThe only place I've seen this much churn is at a fruit packing shed. The best manager I've ever had was fired for no particular reason, along with his boss and several other employees. If you could not make the customers give you a good review (hard to do when they did maintenance every Tuesday at 10pm), you would be fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit holding people accountable for things outside of their control.There's no point in a liberal vacation policy if people are fired for taking a few days off. I will not work for a company that does not have compassion for its employees.

Great team, great perks, great pay

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsGreat health coverage, great hours, great team building, great leadership

ConsAnnoying as hell customers who don't know a thing about the technology they purchase

Advice to Senior ManagementChat and email inquires please

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging and rewarding Customer Service Job

CSR2 (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsThe pay was extremely comparable to other call center jobs in the area. I found that success was completely individually based - essentially, if you wanted to do well you had to really focus your efforts on coming into work with a fresh attitude.

ConsThe call center environment makes you feel like you are "just a number" often. It is also difficult to be gauged how successful you are at your work based off of each individual you talk to (via surveys).

Amazingly, entertaining

Floor Support (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsBenefits are great, stock options, 401k, and they pay a decent wage for a call center.

ConsThe call volume can be very high at times and not allow much time for breathing between calls.

Good experience, difficult job

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

Pros-Decent employee benefits
    -Fellow employees are great
    -Not too much direct oversight/too many meetings
    -Training was excellent and engaging

ConsPerformance metrics seem reasonable at first, but it's nearly impossible to meet some of them. For example, one of your metrics is the percentage of "No" answers you get from the survey at the end of the call asking customers if they were satisfied, but this system is relatively flawed.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees a bit more breathing room, and you'll have a much happier workforce.

Slow decline in customer and employee satisfaction.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsI've been around almost 5 years and 5 years ago this was the best place in town to work Where the average rep said they might get 2 angry calls a day, management listened and worked with you, extra perks were provided, though if you are good at your job you mostly get left alone. It is easy to request time off at least.

ConsOver the last 5 years they have gradually removed most perks, computer systems are old broken and questionably secure, chairs are even falling apart, in 5 years no one but management has ever received a raise, this year most of us actually took a paycut for doing more work than we were expected to do when originally hired at the same rate. Schedule changes every 6 months with little to no flexibility for students or parents. Questionable business practices with retaliation if you ask too many questions. Entirely metrics based assessment, some supervisors are very supportive and some give absolutely no support if they respond to questions at all, so your ability to perform your job often does on your luck getting placed with a responsive supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has been visibly around though I've personally never had a conversation with any currently employed manager in 5 years, only those managers who have since been fired. So while visibly there also strangely absent and disconnected.

Dynamic is not always a good thing.

Disposition Representative (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

Pros- Company is very motivated to make improvements and will not hesitate to try any path towards innovation. Therefore, things are constantly changing and providing a challenge.
    -Decent wages and benefits.
    -Flexible schedules

Cons-Since company readily implements improvements, and not all initiatives are successful, there is a great deal of back tracking and job ambiguity.
    -Very fickle in requirements and needs

Over matrixed under thought out

Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsFast paced, energetic place to work. The compensation was great, and the tools at our disposal were more than adequate to build and retain strong teams.

ConsTo much reliance on matrix and not enough on individuality that empowers employees to do great things. While we had great tools, were were not given the autonomy to use them effectively. Good people had to be let go for arbitrary reasons, and other that should move on are kept.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward creativity, relax a wee bit, and never ever hire more people than you really need. Doing so creates problems down the road that are not good for anyone.

Mistake of a lifetime. Total career suicide. Hillsboro

Csr1 (Former Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsPaydays, quitting time, seeing your superiors fail.

ConsHow about...an unspoken policy of fear, day in, day out. Managers that are ignorant, uneducated, selfish, and stupid. Oh, and flunkie "team supervisors" that get promoted to the position only because they know how to suck up and let themselves get abused by management...Oh, there was so much more. This is flat-out the WORST company I've ever worked for. They laid me off because of my "call time average" was 7 seconds, yes...SECONDS, over their silly weekly limit. In reality, they laid me off because I was 50, and have medical problems. Oh, I hope I live to see the day when someone sues the hell out of them. I just can't wait. I have never wanted for a company to fail, but I want them to.

Advice to Senior ManagementReed, pay attention, you little weasel. Why don't you sell this company so someone with someone with a soul can run it. Are we clear? You, Dude, SUCK!!!!

Worked for Netflix? Contribute to the Community!