Netflix Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
385 reviews filtered by

I didn't like it to much

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Fun environment if you are young

Cons

Hours, people, survey, they tell you they don't car about your outside life

Hire more mature people

GSTR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Fun people, you get that home feeling. You will learn a lot about the streaming.

Cons

Changing mangers ever 3 months kinda sucked. And some of the Tier 3 agents can be dicks at times. But overall good place to work......VERY HARD TO ADVANCE IN THAT PLACE, SO GET COMFY IN YOUR POSITION.

Take the bug out of your butt.

Horrible working conditions

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

The free account was pretty good.

Cons

Managment has no idea what they are doing!

Get a clue

Will fire you for being 2 minutes late.

Former Employee - Csr1 in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Csr1 in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Great facility. Relaxed atmosphere once you get there

Cons

Will fire you for being late no matter what the reason

Lord of the Flies, Inc.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everything that has already been said on this site about compensation is true. If you're lucky enough to stay under the radar long enough, you will be paid well enough to maybe finance a startup venture on the side, or eventually take a more humane job elsewhere for a better work-life balance, or contribute meaningfully to charitable endeavors etc. You also get a good name on your resume that recruiters will be overly impressed by. Newsflash - inflated stock prices and lavish content spending are not a reflection of company quality.

Cons

Make no mistake - Netflix is not for life. You will leave, most likely on their terms (and the few who do try to leave on their own are dealt with in... other ways). But consider yourself fortunate - those "lucky" few who do stay for the long haul have fates worse than death. They become trapped in an inhumane culture of fear that rejects simple human values like decency and interpersonal camaraderie in favor of vicious, Machiavellian "management by termination," until they begin to embody that culture themselves. At Netflix needy, power-hungry executives smart enough to realize they will never - ever- replicate the salaries Netflix pays them anywhere else in industry hold on to those positions for dear life, while brutalizing and undermining anything and anyone perceived to stand in their way, including their subordinates. Awful, awful place. An executive, in a rare moment of candor (perhaps aided and abetted by one too many drinks) once compared the Netflix culture to "Lord of the Flies." Trust me - you would rather spend the rest of your life with the Lord of the Flies kids than spend even 5 minutes working for Netflix. Life is short...let these people remain in their toxic cocoon and face judgment when the time comes. You have options - go do something important, surrounded by people you actually like. I mean, all of this vile behavior, toxicity and heartache for bad library content and overpriced, overhyped originals??

Hire good lawyers for when everything falls apart (and it will) and the lawsuits and SEC investigations begins.

Complete no no for international candidates.May be ok for citizens.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix

Pros

Good compensation.Free coffee.All very smart people.

Cons

Company policy is written clearly.They fire you the moment you are not extraordinary.
    Layoffs everyday for weird reasons.Once you are used you are thrown away.For international candidates with H1 and stuff it can cause real problems switching H1B visa quickly so definitely not worth the risk.
    For citizens it can be ok if you can work 24*7 and want a handsome salary in return.Although if you are talented you may be better off joining a startup with some nice stock options as netflix stock has already risen so much so net appreciation is not that great now or worse even go down.
    For 25-30K per year its not worth the stress and your health.Better join a startup for better work as well as better chances of stock appreciation.
    Unlimited vacation policy mean zero vacation as if you take vacation you are fired.
    All smart people and culture of fear mean they conflict over every line of code you write and will try to put you down for everything and make sure you are not performing better than them.Toxic environment.

Its not a startup anymore so it does not have the same charm or stock.Also your work is pretty ordinary as compared to google , facebook or linkedin etc .Think before you say that we will hire every employee better than the previous one.Why would the better employee join you instead of joining a startup or a more peaceful or better culture.

Movies 101

I have been working at Netflix

Pros

The can do, us against the world spirit.

Cons

Hours, lack of bonus, lack of holidays, presure

9. Great place

I have been working at Netflix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every day is different and you can leave it at the door on the way out. Free food.

Cons

DVD side will be closing in a few years.

I loved it thought it was very easy and I love helping people .

I worked at Netflix

Pros

well I want to be successful and I crave success more than ever and I feel like there's more opportunities at this job .

Cons

Trying to help as much people as you can in an orderly manner.

always think positive.

Fantastic company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Los Gatos, CA

I worked at Netflix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Lots of freedom and autonomy. No nonsense around things like expenses, vacation, etc. Just be professional and make sure you're helping you're team be effective and pretty much everything will be okay.

Cons

Since you get near total autonomy, figuring out just _what_ to do can be challenging. You have to consider options carefully. It's also easy to get a bit of imposter syndrome since you're working with some of the very top names in the industry.

Keep it up!

Only thing I would maybe change is to add a bit more emphasis on the importance of building personal brand and a bit more transparency about how compensation review works.