Netfor

Jeffrey D. Medley

Good people.

Former Employee - Support Agent in Fishers, IN
    Former Employee - Support Agent in Fishers, IN

I worked at Netfor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Positive atmosphere. Supervisors were conscientious and always available to assist employees with any individual issues or problems. Pizza Fridays, free popcorn.

Cons

Growing pains during the time I was there. Netfor took on a large new client and inherited a set of inadequate knowledge base articles from whatever company had previously been supporting that client. Of course this was recognized, and the process to repair the KB articles was begun. But that can not be done overnight and it was difficult, at the time, working through a series of steps and having no resolution at the end for your customer. I have confidence that this problem was resolved by the Netfor staff.

nothing relevant to say here

Job

I have been working at Netfor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Netfor was my first job out of college and I learned a lot. Nice office, flexible work schedule, friendly staff and various other perks. I was a high performer and maintained full time status the entire time I was employed. I even got the schedule I wanted. Overall this was a stepping stone to my career.

Cons

The biggest con was the compensation package. I worked at Netfor for two years and was still making significantly below industry standards for my position . Additionally, there is very little room for advancement. Everything is Tier I unless you get a chance to move into a management position and those are limited.

I would suggest that management be more transparent. There were a lot of unknowns when I worked there regarding potential clients and opportunities. There was never an overall vision or culture within the organization. Nor was there much communication from management to agents.

Disappointment

I have been working at Netfor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Casual work setting, fun coworkers and flexible scheduling. I can usually get requested time off if I ask for it in advance. Knowledge Base and training resources are superior to other Help Desk jobs. But be careful, training time counts against you.

Cons

There is no guarantee on the number of hours you get per week. Combine this with low pay and poor benefits and it creates a lot dissatisfaction throughout the support team. When I took the job low pay was offered with promises of quick raises and advancement. A year later and I have seen neither. Others may have a better opinion but I would be cautious to take the raving reviews to heart. Even the perfect job has some cons.

Create a better culture. Pay people well and reward good performance. Forty hours a week is not a reward for exceptional performance.

Home

Current Employee - Service Desk Agent in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Service Desk Agent in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Relax environment
    Great Boss
    Great Coworkers
    Great Job

Cons

Low Pay and Need More positions

Pay what We Deserve

In my experience, Netfor honestly is the best company that I have worked for by far.

Current Employee - Remote Computer Technician in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Remote Computer Technician in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the office is friendly here. Management is always attempting to make it a fun environment to work in and they always accept ideas to try to improve. It is definitely a great place for new-coming computer technicians to start their career and/or for them to expand their career and knowledge for computers here.

Cons

The biggest challenge in working here is like any other Tech Support call center and that is the difficulty of the users/callers not having any knowledge about computers and attempting to solve an issue remotely and on the phone. But, that is work and many times you get a kick out of it.

Keep up the good work. I really enjoy working here and would recommend friends and family to work here. Especially those whom are attempting to get their foot in the door of IT.

Awesome place

I have been working at Netfor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

pros: great atmosphere and culture. management goes well above and beyond what they are required in order to make sure everyone is happy and all needs are met. A lot of company incentives such as pizza friday, bi-weekly bonus opportunities based on performance, PTO accrual as soon as you start working, nerf gun battles (epic), free coffee, reduced prices on vending machines (25c sodas), etc. This company is awesome. Yes the pay is slightly on the low side, but it shoots up quick the longer you're here. Overall, I'm not upset to trade a bit of pay for such an awesome environment. Oh, almost forgot that typically you get to work overtime (which contradictory to some of these reviews is handed out like candy) from home!

Cons

Cons: The free coffee is too hot (?). Oh wait theres also free ice in the freezer. Darn.

Continue to be awesome. I love my job and it would take a severe pay raise to get me to leave.

A great place to work everyday!

I have been working at Netfor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Netfor is a fantastic place to come to everyday to learn, grow, expand your knowledge, and make friends. Netfor provides a pizza friday and cake friday once a month, they will contribute to company pitch ins for holidays, and management at Netfor are not corporate robots. This is a great stepping stone on your career path. Management is understanding and they will work with you to help improve yourself if you'res struggling.

Cons

Traffic sucks around rush hours times, but that's not the companies fault. There aren't very many advancement opportunities, but thats just the nature of the business.

Keep doing what you're doing, and improving. It would be nice to provide advancement opportunities to strive for.

Ordinary

I have been working at Netfor

Pros

Fun place to work. I like the leeway employees are allowed.
    There is almost not restrictions on things like games, movies websurfing etc

Cons

They don't pay very much. You rarely get 40hr per week.
    Not much promise of advancement in the company

A little bit more compansantion would be nice.

Stepping Stone

I have been working at Netfor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed atmosphere and they are not always hovering over you. High workplace moral and some good work place perks.

Cons

Job status can be shakey at times and that can depend on what group you are working for.

Get some new blood

Amazing

Current Employee - Nefor Employee in Fishers, IN
    Current Employee - Nefor Employee in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Netfor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The relaxed environment makes it easy to not hate going to work. The managers try hard to make the employees feel wanted and needed and let them know when they are doing things well. When a problem arises management is understanding and realistic. My direct supervisor makes it a point to check in on things and I never feel like I am on my own if I have a question or concern. I couldn't ask for better group of people to work with.

Cons

The drive isn't great sometimes but that isn't the companies fault.

Keep it up. The staff at Netfor is amazing