Netpique

CEO

Great sales company

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Parma Heights, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Parma Heights, OH

I have been working at Netpique (less than a year)

Pros

Work your own hours, flexible schedule. Upbeat atmosphere - fun team and environment to work with. Monthly contests that include vacations. Salary plus commission, 401K and benefits- great offering for a sales company.

Cons

Wear and tear on personal vehicle, cold-calling can be tough, and quotas can sometimes be hard to meet. This is a true hunters-sales position, need to be able to talk to business owners and get past decision makers.

Lower the monthly quota

Sales Job

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Netpique full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Depends on how you look at it. If you like the outdoors and walking then this a job for you.

Cons

It's a revolving door of people. There is no science to this. It's just a numbers game and having thick skin. It takes a special mindset to be good at this type of sales game. It wasn't for me and It was time to move on after spending a few months there.

None. I liked my manager and he was hands on with his team.

Scam, Scam, Scam

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Netpique full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you are in desperate need of money, then you can get about 1600-2000 gross here until you are able to find another job. This is only a career opportunity for relatively few people, and you will only generate as much as 70k as a Sales Manager.

Cons

Very disorganized Corporate Structure.
    Mediocre training and development.
    Very minute chance for advancement.
    As a sales rep you will generate about $300 a week after you exclude you gas expenses.
    There are literally too many more to include right now. If you can work as a waiter in a decent restaurant, you will make more money there then here.

Fire everybody and start anew in your Houston Branch. Simply look at your turnover rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic, challenging company with a great work life balance.

Current Employee - Recruiting
    Current Employee - Recruiting

I have been working at Netpique full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Netpique provides a great work life balance. Management is accessible and supportive. There is always a great sense of camaraderie and team effort amongst coworkers. Forward thinking company. Great team building. Great communication among coworkers.

Cons

Filtering through the public can be interesting at times. Sometimes there are not enough hours in the day to work for Netpique. Paperwork can be tedious.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Netpique full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, management is there to help and assist, but is not overbearing. Get to speak with and meet new people everyday. Room for growth - we have a weekly meeting, and get to meet the team and discuss challenge/successes. Seems like a fun team to work with. Uncapped commissions! Plus a salary that starts during training.

Cons

Small salary, but at least there is one! Benefits are expensive

would like reimbursement for mileage

This company is based on an outsourcing business model fit for high turn-over. It is a SCAM for the desperate.

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Netpique full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is a foot in the door for entry-level sales agents looking for a slot to fill on their resume.

Cons

It would be easier to assess the disadvantages through a list.
    - Poor training
    - Poor Management
    - Useless Weekly meetings that cost you more money on gas and time taken from prospecting.
    - No gas reimbursements.
    - Poor commission structure
    - Conniving Managers who mislead you in believing that you will make more money than what is available due to their desperation to reach their bonuses.
    - Too many loopholes to avoid paying the bonuses that the managers claim you will earn.
    - Lack job security
    - Insurance structure is nearly 20% of your biweekly check!
    - IF you can sale at a high level, Reliant will steal your large deals (750 annualized mWh) and basically provide a finders fee of $100.
    - It is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to earn over 35k in a year as a Sales Representative. Don't believe it because it is a lie if they tell you your earning potential at plan is 57k. That is a bold face lie. You will be lucky to work long enough to earn benefits.

You literally have to pay $50.00-$100.00 gas a week to be effective. The base is $21,400 for sales reps, 25k for certified trainers, and 32.4k for managers in training. Do the math...if you are a sales rep you will gross $411 a week minus your gas expenses! After taxes, you will be lucky to make $300 wkly. If you can sale at a high level, you need to look into a brokerage company and work part time with another job functioning as your base salary. I went from earning about 3k a month with Netpique to earning over 5k as soon as I decided to leave. This job is seriously a scam. They offered me management positions, and I declined based on their ineffectiveness, the flawed business model, and the fact that the stability of the company in Houston appeared to be on a "shaky foundation." That is an understatement. Please don't waste your time unless you are desperate for work. In that case...close a few deals and collect your $1600 a month. Good luck to the unfortunate, and I wish nothing for prosperity to those who move toward my advice.

- Restructure your business model.
    - Hire Managers who are sincere and not con artists
    - Close down the Houston branch, because it is virtually worthless

Outside sales not good

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Netpique full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Only ones manager has some true potential, I really feel sorry for him. That's about it.

Cons

One manager has great potential, however, given the wrong or right candidates, he will forever be caught in a loop, it's.sad really... The other manager, if you like unprofessional racial slurs and advocating drug use before a drug test, go for it. Managers in training, a joke, fix your hair please and iron your clothes. And please don't tell future candidates you make 125k a yr unless you can dress and speak that type of socio economic status that you claim to be in, we all know how much shoes cost for our growing children. Red flag number 8, don't ever work for a company that doesn't want to print you a business card, that's a bad bad sign. Also if, a representative from reliant were to address you as some girl in the back and not by your first name because the high turn over rate is so ridiculous, my opinion, bad sign of current company module. Lastly, if ever you see a VP walk in who didn't iron his crappy shirt with no tie or BELT, and some crappy loafers, and looks like he came off some bender, well, you have got a problem.
    Also if you like swinging over a hundred doors total to make PENNIES on your dollar go for it. Energy is lucrative but be a broker!

Just reevaluate. Look at turn over. There is a serious problem with business module. Good luck with that, I am where I belong with a serious company.

Very disappointing

I worked at Netpique full-time

Pros

None whatsoever unless you want to know how bad electric suppliers are and how your choices of a provider work in great detail.

Cons

Netpique is a con. To be successful, you should have a successful background in selling merchant services (sleazy, for those who don't know), or, anyone who has been successful selling in a low-ethics environment. You might check out the movie "Glengarry Glen Ross" to get a taste of the unsavory in sales.

Please kill yourselves.

Only take the job if you can sell door to door completely cold.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I worked at Netpique full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Not much. You are allowed a lot of freedom and your activity is self reported. Management was supportive and they do their best to keep an upbeat atmosphere.

Cons

You just knock door to door. You get a small salary which helps, but if you don't sell right out of the gate, you are not going to make it. You need an incredibly tough skin. Plus I heard they blew up the company. Medical benefits are super expensive.

Put some money into marketing and brand recognition so customers know who you are.

I have been very impressed with the high caliber of people and the great office culture.

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Palm Coast, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Palm Coast, FL

I have been working at Netpique full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Schedule is generally flexible, and my boss let me work from home one day a week.
    Clear expectations and helpful, positive feedback.
    Small company, so there's great camaraderie and a family feeling.
    Pizza every Friday!

Cons

Not a whole lot. The provided health insurance is very reasonable for a single person, but pretty expensive if you add your family.

Netpique Photos