Netrix, LLC

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
3.2

Anthony Donato

Exciting and challenging place to work

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work culture. Your allowed latitude in your work to share and use your own ideas. Very open and collaborative management. Fun, high caliber of talented co workers. Great location for NW suburbs. Happy and energetic environment with a positive vibe.

Cons

Executive team needs to get on the same page, need a consistent branding message, position roles need to be defined and developed. Too many blurred lines in position responsibilities.

Your on to something really good! Keep it going, Netrix has a very bright future with the right management and message.

Opportunity, growth and development

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You have the ability to advance and grow your professional career. You will be exposed to challenging projects and will be required to research and learn new technologies, but the reward is that you make yourself and your skills more valuable. Company invests in long term growth. Salary and bonus is highly competitive. No micro-management. Ability to work remotely and virtually.

Cons

Experiencing some growing pains as the company expands quickly.

Need to define strategy and stick to it

Former Employee - Consultant in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Employee - Consultant in Bannockburn, IL

I worked at Netrix, LLC full-time

Pros

pays well, very strong engineering talent

Cons

There are way too many cooks in the kitchen. This creates silos and a sense of entitlement / "I'm better than everyone else" mentality. Upper management is worried about numbers which is admirable but they need to stick to creating a culture, unified strategy, and who Netrix is and what they stand for. If they stuck to their strategy and attacked the marketplace with a common goal instead of each silo has their own goal, the company would perform much better.

Some people need to leave or be forced out of the company on the management team. I won't go into details but it will be better for the company in the long run. Work on company culture as turnover is too high.

Great place for fresh college graduates interested in computer science.

Current Employee - Employee in Bannockburn, IL
    Current Employee - Employee in Bannockburn, IL

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time

Pros

Work hard, give your very efforts and you will move up the ladder quickly.
    Nice area/office building.
    Gym membership.
    Young/Friendly environment.
    Company is growing.
    Leadership is approachable and understanding.

Cons

Benefits are expensive.
    Pay is minimal for tier 1 engineers. I would recommend living close to the area.

Making Strides!

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of pros here. No company is perfect but its actually exciting to be part of a company growing fast. I think it has doubled in the last 2 years since the Maron folks came over. I like the focus the company is taking and the steps its taking to prepare for the future. I am in the "Pro Services" group and I am loving all the talent that Netrix is adding. Its hard to find a place that you have so many smarter people around to learn from. I also feel that I am fairly compensated. I just validated that a couple of weeks ago :)

Cons

There is a lot of change as one would imagine with the growth that we are experiencing. I think we still need to add more people as some groups are stretched thin. Family benefits need work!

Continue doing what you are but add more formal processes. Specifically around formal training and career development.

High Turnover

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Involvement with cutting edge technologies and services; great resume builder and stepping stone to better opportunities at better companies

Cons

1) Work/Life imbalance - if you enjoy a workaholic environment then this place is for you. Expect to be on call during your weekend, or while having dinner with your family. The company praises you for working through the night and giving up your life.
    2) Poor training - Lack of in-house training. You're left with trying to figure out the best way to do your job with minimal oversight and guidance from your supervisor.
    3) Limited career options within the organization
    4) Beware of employee agreement document - Have a lawyer review it before you sign it.
    5) Controversial sales tactics - They sell services which they've never performed before and learn on the customer's dime. While that is more common industry-wide, you're still expected to perform those duties within the original, unproven budget. If you go over, you get penalized - no bonus, no commission.
    6) Disconnected management - Top priority of these guys is monthly revenue. Building the organization, improving morale, employee investment, benefit improvement... are not on the list.
    7) Incompetent middle management - Apparently they hire who they like, not who's best qualified. Subordinates suffer as a result. The technical managers do nothing to cultivate their employee. They're either on sales engagements or engineering solutions.
    8) Keep track of your vacation hours, as they have a tendency to short you. Apparently it's centrally managed on a spreadsheet. And they're an IT consultant!

To the partners: Roll up your sleeves and get involved in the day to day operations. Experience the pain your employees are suffering and help drive improvements vs worrying about your monthly revenues. Do this and you'll experience less turn over and a satisfied employee and your revenues will increase on their own.

Tony Donato, stop tracking invoices and get out of your office. Get in front of some of the high profile customers and talk to your employees. Don't throw it all on the partners. It's not working.

Making all the right MOVES

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time

Pros

Netrix is a client focused organization that provides their customers with a single source for the evaluation, delivery and management if IT. There is no limit to what you can sell and they have a tremendous marketing team that supports sales and company initiatives. There are very few organizations that can deliver a comparable level of value to their clients.This organization is growing at a rapid pace both through acquisition and organically. They look to add the very best talent available in the market today and it shows as the caliber of customers they work with today includes Fortune 500's, very large financial organizations, healthcare organizations and global service providers with complex networks.

Cons

The company needs to put a better commission structure in place for it's reps. Because this organization is growing a such a rapid pace year over year it can be challenging to keep up with all the changes to the culture but overall I would say that's a positive.

Overall I am extremely impressed with the management of this company. Many of the new executive additions have already had a significant impact and have the business acumen and vision to help Netrix move forward in an upward trajectory. Compensation and benefits could be better.

I Quit but had no choice...chased away

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Netrix, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tons of opportunity to sell a wide variety of solutions and products. Growing company, good engineering team

Cons

Sales upper management has no clue. Almost seems like they are out of their league. I was harassed by one in particular, in a number of ways the whole time I worked there. Company didn't do anything mostly because it's a boys club. I heard that after a messy public showdown the big chief finally did something about it (demoted the guy) but that slap on the wrist is now over. Great job big chief! Promote the guys who chase away employees. In the last 2 years before I left, I can count 6 people who left because of him, many of them female. We should all get together and sue him for harassment and the company for doing nothing and letting it happen.

Ugh - hope you all retire soon so people who actually care can build this company to its potential. Only reason I see this company failing is because of the management and their lack of a backbone to get rid of the poison that exists in the company. You will most likely shrug this off as a disgruntled employee review but know that I came in full of excitement and hope! This review is truthful and it's not pleasant. I waited a while to write something so make sure I could be objective and not just angry.

I tried hard and never had a chance to succeed

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Bannockburn, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Bannockburn, IL

I worked at Netrix, LLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a growing company that is expanding fast into other markets. One stop shop, for IT needs.

Cons

Very tough to make money here. You get nickeled and dimed when working here. Quotas were not reasonable.

The organization is experiencing significant growth, and is a fast past growth model, which is well suited for me.

I have been working at Netrix, LLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Willing to invest in people, solutions and technologies to grow the company.

Cons

Growing quickly, and needs to ensure that culture is not lost or impacted negatively.