Network Biosystems Reviews

Mary S. Consalvi

1. Great people and benefits

Former Employee - Research Scientist in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Research Scientist in Waltham, MA

I worked at Network Biosystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone helps each other out. People are excited because the company is growing. My friends that are still there think the new space is really good. Employees are respected and treated well.

Cons

Not enough fun events to blow off steam

Advice to Management

Remember the things that got you where you are--don't grow too fast.

2. This company was fair to me although I don't think the owner can relate to people who are not professional(PHD, MD).

Former Employee - Research Associate in Woburn, MA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Woburn, MA

Pros

Since the company was a "Start-Up" when I worked there, there were many opportunities doing various jobs that were originally not part of my job description. I now have many more experiences to add to my resume. The atmosphere was very scientific and goal oriented and preparing and giving presentations helped pull in more perspectives in solving problems. I can't complain, I enjoyed my stay.

Cons

The owner was a little controlling and condescending but I guess that is what it takes to move impossible projects forward. My immediate boss was very fair to me, I could contribute to solving problems and always allowed me to take time off that I needed and to adjust my schedule when needed. The pay was about average.

Advice to Management

Try to keep work schedules to around 40 hours, weekends are given off for a reason.

3. Nice place to work for a year.

Pros

Dynamic workplace with congenial colleagues. People were focused, but still willing to answer questions when needed. The company was small enough for you to know everyone.

Cons

The biggest "con" was poor management. The company was small yet there were still competing projects, which led to unnecessary tension among the employees. The "visionaries" of the company appeared to be only barely cognizant of the goings on of the company and fixated on profit.

5. A Great Place for Career Growth

Pros

Great projects--anyone can make a major contribution from Day 1. People are treated fairly, with no game-playing. Everyone has a clear understanding of how they fit in to the companies goals. Management is accessible and easy to talk to. The building and location are great.

Cons

Almost everyone really works hard, but a few people don't--others have to pick up the slack. Lots of traffic in the morning.

Advice to Management

With all the activity going on, it is sure that the company will be growing alot--make sure you keep the company culture. Don't become bean counters!

6. The worst place I've ever worked.

Pros

I suppose this could be a good bridge-job if you can't find anything else. They do pay you, which is better than being unemployed.

Cons

The company is micro-managed to the extreme. Successful people at Net Bio are those who do not rock the boat with any creativity. It is expected that you will work 6 - 7 days a week, 10 - 12 hours a day, doing exactly what you are told. No more and no less. If that sounds appealing, you've found your home.

RSS Feed </> Embed