Network Engines

Be The First To
Add Photos

Network Engines President, CEO, and Director Greg Shortell

Greg Shortell

This is a good company that treats employees well. I only left the job for a better opportunity.

Assembler I (Former Employee)
Plano, TX

I worked at Network Engines full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is a company that sets clear expectations and gives employees very good resources to achieve goals.

ConsThe company flexibility also means that some processes are are left to individual initiative rather than depending on structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementProductivity and employee morale would benefit from a more defined supervision structure and a specific training and staff development person.

Technical Support Engineer

Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Network Engines full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat place to work - Good benefits

ConsPurchased by Unicom Engineering and reduced staff

Company with potential, has many good people working there

Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee)
Canton, MA

I worked at Network Engines

ProsGreat people overall with good intention, company use to have good activities.

Work force is diverse, flexible hours, plenty of opportunity for recent graduates.

ConsIn the past, upper management did not appreciate the work of the Software group.

With last round of budget cuts all software QA, automation test and some developers lost their jobs.

Board of Director gave ridiculous compensation package to upper management - Shame on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementRelative to what you produce, you are over paid.

Pay more attention to software and R&D.

A fair company to work for.

Field Application Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Network Engines

ProsCompany holds quarterly meetings with all employees to convey company news to everyone. The company seems to be on the right track to win new customers, and to grow such that they could handle the new workload.

ConsIt seems that every quarterly meeting, there are predictions that the next quarter is the one that we'll really start making money. But that we didn't do too good this quarter. Never did see the good quarter reported on. Complaints from customers were not taken seriously enough until they reached crisis level.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind some way to really learn what the customer concerns are, and then take care of them. Seems too much effort was put into ignoring the growing concerns, and not enough in resolving them.

Worked for Network Engines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Network Engines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Network Engines CEO Greg Shortell. All reviews posted anonymously by Network Engines employees.