Network Global Logistics Reviews

Reset
2.2
Scott Riddle

1. Transportation Coordinator

I worked at Network Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

No room for growth. Unorginized. You can be working here for years, no raise will be given.

Advice to Management

Please value your employees, they are the reason why customers continue to use NGL

2. Would not recommend this place to my enemy

Former Employee - Customer Solutions Consultant in Hapeville, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Solutions Consultant in Hapeville, GA

I worked at Network Global Logistics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

24 hour facility, this is useful to someone needing to work a night shift

Cons

Pay, you can work here for YEARS and do the work load of three employees without receivibg a raise in pay, Insurance, PTO, disorganized, no room for growth. Doesn't care about staff

Advice to Management

Offer competitive wages. Adults can not live off of 11.25 an hour

3. Director of Sales

I worked at Network Global Logistics

Pros

Each department is headed by competent people

Cons

They suffer from an ability to implement large clients that don't "fit" their Service Parts Logistics model. They will take the business, but do not focus on lower margin (but significant gross sales) and therefore fail clients.

Advice to Management

Don't pursue business you can't implement

5. Company is run by number crunchers and investors. It's all about whats profitable to the company, not the individuals.

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The co-workers, lower and mid- management work well together and will help each other out.

Cons

Training is quick and not thorough for the amount of information needed to do the job right. Upper management and executives value quantity over quality, which is dead wrong when dealing with highly critical, evening life saving shipments. Pay is also below the industry standard, and raises have not been given out in the past 7 to 8 years even though the company has grown past its once family run business roots.

Advice to Management

Run the company like a logistics / shipping company, not like just another investment in a portfolio to be sold or traded to another investment firm.

6. Mostly good people, but pieces of business not well integrated.

I worked at Network Global Logistics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great concept of combining time critical inventory at remote locations with time critical transportation.

Cons

Integration of big box logistics not as well defined, nor it's tie to the value chain detailed. Systems are proprietary and especially the WMS has a long way to go to make it truly a 3PL, multi-client system.

Advice to Management

Focus on the integration of the multi-client concept and systems. This is critical in the market. Define how the big box operations tie together with the time critical operations to form a more robust service offering.

7. RANKED IN TOP WORST ORGANIZATIONS IVE EVER ENCOUNTERED

Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Hapeville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Hapeville, GA

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The good thing about this company is that they bought a lot of food in the brief time I worked there.

Cons

The entire time I worked there was a facetious circus. They indicated a small family atmosphere and that's exactly the pros and cons of that. Family members often smile in each other's face and talk behind their back. This place was no exception. My training included sitting by various members of the company to observe their methods. There was not one employee at the company, in my department, that said they enjoyed working there. 95% of my co-workers talked about having resumes in different places waiting on an opportunity to leave. The training was poor and I was left unprepared to do my job.

Advice to Management

Get an adequate training program. Actually dissect the department to take different calls to effectively increase revenue. (Hint, if your sales reps are spending 60% of time running quotes on a slow internet speed system, you're missing revenue. Also hire adequate management. The manager there before I left didn't know his right foot from left and they had the audacity to place him in supervisory role. Increase your CSC wages from $11.25 to $15 and in turn you'll keep more people and your reps will be actually enthused to work there. I'm just glad I got out. I saw myself working there long-term for about the first 2 days. After that, I found the nearest exit.

8. poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time

Pros

none, none, absolutely none, nothing

Cons

working for people who don't care, they have one employee who gets paid for multiple positions but doesn't do the work, managers try to fire you for no reason.

Advice to Management

learn how to treat people.

Please don't join NGL. I

Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Denver, CO

I worked at Network Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work with High Sierra Energy in Denver, its good. Good caring leaders.

Cons

Leadership - during acquisitions, a critical time for employees, NGL leadership sends the "let them eat cake" philosophy. No regard for employee satisfaction or well being. I was in HR, I know this first hand. It was truly the worst employment experience I have ever had. The parent company NGL is really a terrible horrible culture. Terrible company. It was like going back in time and doing HR (personnel) in the 1970s. Just awful. The overwhelming attitude was, don't get NGL involved. We knew nothing would get done and that our employees would suffer. Absolute disrespect.

Advice to Management

Please, get a qualified HR Leadership team. A true HR Professional. It does not exist now and it causes chaos.

10. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is understanding and relaxed. The environment is mostly low-stress and easy going. Hours are flexible for salaried workers.

Cons

Pay is not that great at this company. You are able to seize good experience if you seek it out. Sometimes you are forced to work long hours or weekends.

11. alot of spiders in the warehouse

Current Employee - Consolidator in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Consolidator in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none really work ethic okay

Cons

they fire you for getting hurt, with not insurance, minimum wage everything bad, people ypu work with are really bad gossipers

Advice to Management

work on handling gossip

RSS Feed </> Embed