Network Global Logistics

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
2.3

Scott Riddle

Mostly good people, but pieces of business not well integrated.

I worked at Network Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great concept of combining time critical inventory at remote locations with time critical transportation.

Cons

Integration of big box logistics not as well defined, nor it's tie to the value chain detailed. Systems are proprietary and especially the WMS has a long way to go to make it truly a 3PL, multi-client system.

Focus on the integration of the multi-client concept and systems. This is critical in the market. Define how the big box operations tie together with the time critical operations to form a more robust service offering.

RANKED IN TOP WORST ORGANIZATIONS IVE EVER ENCOUNTERED

Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Hapeville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Consultant in Hapeville, GA

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The good thing about this company is that they bought a lot of food in the brief time I worked there.

Cons

The entire time I worked there was a facetious circus. They indicated a small family atmosphere and that's exactly the pros and cons of that. Family members often smile in each other's face and talk behind their back. This place was no exception. My training included sitting by various members of the company to observe their methods. There was not one employee at the company, in my department, that said they enjoyed working there. 95% of my co-workers talked about having resumes in different places waiting on an opportunity to leave. The training was poor and I was left unprepared to do my job.

Get an adequate training program. Actually dissect the department to take different calls to effectively increase revenue. (Hint, if your sales reps are spending 60% of time running quotes on a slow internet speed system, you're missing revenue. Also hire adequate management. The manager there before I left didn't know his right foot from left and they had the audacity to place him in supervisory role. Increase your CSC wages from $11.25 to $15 and in turn you'll keep more people and your reps will be actually enthused to work there. I'm just glad I got out. I saw myself working there long-term for about the first 2 days. After that, I found the nearest exit.

poor management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time

Pros

none, none, absolutely none, nothing

Cons

working for people who don't care, they have one employee who gets paid for multiple positions but doesn't do the work, managers try to fire you for no reason.

learn how to treat people.

Please don't join NGL. I

Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Director of Human Resources in Denver, CO

I worked at Network Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work with High Sierra Energy in Denver, its good. Good caring leaders.

Cons

Leadership - during acquisitions, a critical time for employees, NGL leadership sends the "let them eat cake" philosophy. No regard for employee satisfaction or well being. I was in HR, I know this first hand. It was truly the worst employment experience I have ever had. The parent company NGL is really a terrible horrible culture. Terrible company. It was like going back in time and doing HR (personnel) in the 1970s. Just awful. The overwhelming attitude was, don't get NGL involved. We knew nothing would get done and that our employees would suffer. Absolute disrespect.

Please, get a qualified HR Leadership team. A true HR Professional. It does not exist now and it causes chaos.

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management is understanding and relaxed. The environment is mostly low-stress and easy going. Hours are flexible for salaried workers.

Cons

Pay is not that great at this company. You are able to seize good experience if you seek it out. Sometimes you are forced to work long hours or weekends.

alot of spiders in the warehouse

Current Employee - Consolidator in Fontana, CA
    Current Employee - Consolidator in Fontana, CA

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

none really work ethic okay

Cons

they fire you for getting hurt, with not insurance, minimum wage everything bad, people ypu work with are really bad gossipers

work on handling gossip

Great Energy!!! Stable Company.

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Consultant in Hapeville, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Consultant in Hapeville, GA

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Energy in Atlanta office!! Tenured staff. Relaxed environment. Small call center with tenured staff. Feels like family. Everyone is willing to help. Eager to listen to employee needs for company improvement. Bonuses based on individual sales. Flexible work hours. Very stable company. Hands on training. Low turnover rate(ppl stay forever)

Cons

It's 24/7..365,so u will work weekends and holidays. (Holidays are usually voluntary) pp

Rotate weekends schedules.

Great work environment and co-workers, great hours and benefits. Low pay

Current Employee - Team Lead in Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Network Global Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers, environment, great hours and benefits, location right off the highway

Cons

management uneducated, no real growth oppurtunities, American run organization don't understand canadian human resources. No job security regardless of duties and task their motto is no one is irreplaceable. Very low pay no raise in 2 years with no raise in sight for years to come.

Promote those that have the experience plus education and drive to grow and develop the business.

maintenance work with negligible pay

I have been working at Network Global Logistics

Pros

Excellent Staff, Supportive.
    Great work life balance.
    mostly maintenance work , never too hectic

Cons

pays too low, no pay for extra hours even for weekends.
    miser company, doesn't care for basic needs in office like water, microwave.
    No company outings.

provide appreciable salary at least upto the market rate

Ok

I worked at Network Global Logistics

Pros

Work / life balance
    People Nice
    Tenured employees

Cons

No career path for advancement
    Slow to change but working on it