Network Health Reviews

Updated March 2, 2015
20 reviews filtered by
3.4
Christopher "Kit" Gorton

Mistreated and total disrespect as a contractor, treated like a dog

Former Contractor - Marketing Contractor in Medford, MA
    Former Contractor - Marketing Contractor in Medford, MA

I worked at Network Health as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

* pay was ok
    * workload was dry and easy

Cons

* Disrespect from many folks in mid-level management
    * Ignored as a contractor (put in corner and never had chance to engage in social activities)
    * No communication until last day (which was unexpected and not announced)
    * No learning. Not the work I was promised

To the management that deals with contractors: You may have power over a contractor since they have no say in a company, but they are human beings too. I asked for a confirmation on my contract to an employee instead of my recruiter and as a result was punished by early termination. I didn't receive a goodbye or a thank you. I had to pack my things and simply disappear. It was the most strange and most disrespectful thing I have ever faced in a company.

2. Disappointing work experience

Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are some good, honest, hardworking people who truly believe in the mission of this place and help those who need the most.

Cons

My particular experience involved a very abusive manager who felt that it was her given right to humiliate and degrade you in front of your teammates. Her style was to micromanage everything in a cookie-cutter setting. It wasn't about developing the individual but to build a uniform machine where everyone worked the same way as she did. The company sells you on "employees being their greatest asset" and that they believe in work/life balance. However, once you are in, HR will tell you flat out that you "have no business going home at 5pm." Overall, I found it to be a hostile work environment and very dishonest.

Truly recognize that your employees ARE your greatest assets and do something about it.

3. Working at Network Health,Inc or LLC

Current Employee - Medical Management in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Medical Management in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I had the pleasure of working with a cohesive team.

Cons

Poorly skilled upper and Senior Management

Need to learn "people" skills... as they lack this component

5. Company doesn't have enough money to pay everyone a high salary

Former Employee - EDI Developer
    Former Employee - EDI Developer

I worked at Network Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Best Times when Christina was the CEO. There was good benefits and treats that made this non profit organization very appealing to work.

Cons

No more free Coffee, reduction on vacation accrual, terms to get your 401K fully vested is more rigid. The benefits are now terrible since the Tufts acquisition. Bad and negligent management. They would keep you working with a LOT of work even if you are not the best employee ...only if you accept to be paid under the average. Once you raise your voice for an increase then you will feel totally ignored. The company doesn't have money and they prefer to hire TEMPS even if they have to pay more for a contract

6. Bad Management

I worked at Network Health full-time

Pros

The benefits are nice and the majority of the people are friendly.

Cons

There is a distrust of HR which really affects everything. If you have a problem with a manager, there is NO ONE to go to. My boss was the golden boy because he did all the crap work nobody else wanted to so he could do no wrong. He had awful people skills - he was awkward and didn't understand basic empoyee/manager relationships.

Clean out HR - provide a way for employees to provide feedback about managers and supervisors. Those people work in a vacuum and they know it.

7. Unprofessional work environment

Former Employee - Clinician in Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Clinician in Medford, MA

I worked at Network Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee, good location, benevolent mission

Cons

Loud, people talk all day long, sloppy dress, management absent, unstable atmoshere (management seems to change daily, etc)

8. Benefits are acceptable, work life is good and flexible, management is poor

Former Employee - Programmer in Medford, MA
    Former Employee - Programmer in Medford, MA

I worked at Network Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work environment is very nice. The salaries are a little under the average. The benefits are good but I think that they could do better. The matching for the retirement is only 2%. It should be 3% at the minimum. The company also charges some money for the parking. Other companies absorb the entire cost. The IRS has increased this amount to $245.00 allowance and the company don't do it.

Cons

I worked in the IT department and I think that the culture of the company is in the understanding that a programmer should be a business analyst, a systems analyst, a programmer, a leader, a tester and everything. That would have worked in the past when the company was small and the programming was not so complex. However the business needs and products offered by the company also grew a great deal in 3 years and HR and the company in general are in the understanding that with a small programmer pool in IT they could do the same as other bigger insurance companies do. I also could see that many young persons were hired as managers and directors in the business configuration and member enrollment teams without any experience. The situation was painful to employees under their supervision. Those teams also dont provide any help to the IT department and are very demanding in their needs.

In general there isn't a sense of respect to the employees in providing a reviewed annual evaluation by senior management or HR. A manager could just be mad one day and write a one unrespectful comment in the annual evaluation. I think there should be a review a small review every 6 months and annual evaluations and salary increases should be reviewed by more people than just the manager before being delivered to the employees. Also the directors should also communicate more ofter with their teams as Christina does with the assembly meetings,

9. changed throughout the years significantly.

I worked at Network Health

Pros

When I worked there they had a ton of great benefits. My NWH family was extremely nice and helpful

Cons

When I left they had just merged with Tufts Health Plan and the company was undergoing a significant amount of changes.

10. Consistent Change

I have been working at Network Health

Pros

Good people, improving quality of new hires due to better hiring policies, opportunities to move into other positions for growth if you are exceptional (lateral only), the quality of the rank and file managers has improved.

Cons

Poor but improving processes, many teams understaffed with increasing workloads and expectations, some clear weakness in the senior leadership team, morale is low at the Director level due to the number of terminations and job eliminations in their ranks, growing gap between staff and senior leadership with the elimination of the director-level positions.

Network Health is in its third year of acquisition by Tufts Health Plan with the vast majority of senior leadership having been turned over in that time. I would ask leadership to focus your efforts on the improvement of the organization more than your own advancement, job security, and dominance within your own peer group and larger enterprise.

11. It was good place to work before tufts bought them out

Current Employee - Outreach Social Worker in Medford, MA
    Current Employee - Outreach Social Worker in Medford, MA

I have been working at Network Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

diversity and how they worked with each individual

Cons

because of them being bought by tufts-work environment changed and mission as well as

human resources had to much power in work-life and because it was bought by two companies once before i started and one before i left - things really changed

Network Health Photos