Network Solutions

Updated Dec 17, 2013

Network Solutions CEO Tim Kelly

Tim Kelly

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nice place and people, good perks, a little slow

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Network Solutions full-time

ProsNetwork Solutions is a really well-established business, and as such they can support you well - financially, training-wise, benefits, etc. They do good work, and their new partnership with Web.com has brought some positive changes

ConsThe pace of work in the engineering department was a little slow for my tastes - a fair amount of sitting around waiting for others to complete certain tasks so I could move forward on my own. Mostly due to prioritization, not due to any lack of work by others, but I found my time was very underutilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut back the benefits that were in place before the Web.com merger - specifically the PTO rollover, company events/parties and social gatherings.

Circling the Drain

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Network Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsFair benefits and reasonable PTO. Excellent work location and office.

ConsPoor Salary for the area.
Lousy management.
Too sales driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house in the support division.

Living Hell

NOC Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Network Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsWalking out the door on my last day was the best thing that I can think of.

Cons12 hour shifts for NOC personnel (guess that could be a pro too though). No training program.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the vice president in charge of the NOC (if you haven't already).

Micromanaged from day one by a VP.

NOC Engineer II (Former Employee)

I worked at Network Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsIt's a paycheck, not much more.

Consmicromanaging VP with a short fuse and unrealistic expectations

Good place to work (review is based on experience prior to acquisition)

I have been working at Network Solutions

ProsCongenial atmosphere. Staff is very professional and respectful. Colleagues work together well as a team and help each other in delivering tasks. Senior Management has a true interest in the well-being of the employees while keeping an eye on the company's performance. Employees have flexibility to maintain work-life balance.

ConsBeing a fast-paced environment, work can get hectic sometimes depending on deadlines or tasks. Depending on roles, there is limited opportunity for career growth. Company does, however, promote moving to different roles/functions for professional growth.

Great people

I have been working at Network Solutions

ProsGreat people despite the obstacles.

ConsManagement dwells on the negative too much. There are great people doing extraordinary work but they seldom get recognized. The company is going through a difficult transition as it is absorbed into web.com

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the skillset you have in place. It is not all about what they cost; it is about the value they provide.

A lot of movement but the engine is broken

I have been working at Network Solutions

ProsA lot of smart people, good opportunities to solve problems, good scale in terms of customers to apply problem-solving.

ConsThe engineering function is broken. Very little gets done. All the focus seems to be on rearranging priorities around a broken development engine - an engineering team that is demotivated, poorly-led (if you can call it leadership) and out of touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace senior-mgmt leadership within engineering, marketing.

Engineering leadership is completely out of touch with how fast tech companies need to operate. Things are probably more efficient at Exxon Mobil. And instead of motivating teams to meet high expectations, leadership spends more time coming up with elaborate and sometimes ridiculously laughable excuses for why things cant get done. Rotten from the head down...

Marketing org is really about maintaining schedules and lists instead of real marketing. Marketing mgrs are clerical staff who suck at copy-writing, merchandising, or really anything creative. Simple changes to pages takes months and leadership seems to tolerate it.

A place to call home

Supervisor, Technical Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Network Solutions

ProsInnovative environment, strong history, fun people

Consbenefits seem below average tech companies in area, leadership has been in flux

Advice to Senior Managementwork on communication

Lot of activity but little strategy or meaningful results

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Network Solutions

ProsPeople are really smart and talented, and have good intentions.

ConsThe company has been going through a lot of change in the last 3 to 4 years. It seems every few months there's a new executive, and he brings his new ideas and his new team. No one wants to truly collaborate or build on what we have because each new person is pressing his own agenda. I don't get the sense any of the senior managers/executives really like each other or know what the others are really working on. Everyone else is in the galley rowing away in the heat and no one really tells us what's going on, just to row faster.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. Articulate a plan, and stick to it.

Its a Name, but thats it.

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Network Solutions

ProsIts a name. And if whoever your interviewing with hasn't already interviewed 20 people from there, it's a good name to have on your resume, because unless you've worked there, you thinks its a good place to work. I was able to move up quite rapidly.... to a point. The benifits are indded excellent. And if you work in the Belleville office, HR is great.

ConsLets see. 3 CEOs in 2 years should tell you something? I've worked there for 3 years and not once seen a bonus. The pay is not competitive in the VA area. They trick you into things that arent the best for you. Your expected to work overtime for no extra pay, and when you don't, hear things like "Your just not doing enough." or "We want you to dedicate more time here." Management reminds me of a baby looking at shiney objects, unable to keep focus on one thing for more than a month, and then moving on to the next. Its all about making money quick... not growing the business.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics. Great ideas don't come from the top, they come from the bottom. Stop chasing shiney objects. Make your employees happy, encourage them to be creative, motivate them, and the rest will follow.

Worked for Network Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Network Solutions reviews and ratings in Herndon, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Network Solutions CEO Tim Kelly. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Network Solutions employees.