Network Technologies Inc

1. Production Employee

Former Employee - Production in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Production in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company - everyone knows you. Family atmosphere. Very very good pay. Good amount of time off. Decent benefits (at least when I was there). 401 (k) with a company match - this is very hard to find.

Cons

Would like a paid lunch, more company outings, would like more company sponsored activities

Advice to Management

I do not know - maybe just keep doing what you are doing

Terrible management.

Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Electronics Technician in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay compared to market rates (if you're well liked)

Cons

Micromanaging, hostile, avaricious administration that uses employees like cheap tools.

Advice to Management

Retire. Barring that, go to bussiness management school. Pay extra attention to ethics classes. Treating adults like kindergarteners, constantly threatening jobs as incentive to perform extra duties or change schedules, using outdated equipment and software, these are just a few things being done wrong.

Great Place to work.

I have been working at Network Technologies Inc full-time

Pros

Good pay, laid back environment, great management team, good perks, and everyone is so nice here. Always looking forward to go to work.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Great management, no problem at all.

My experience was very good.

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was a great atmosphere with this company, everyone was always friendly with me and people seemed to enjoy their job. The atmosphere was laid back and I enjoyed being able to wear casual clothing. There is a good balance between family and work with the employees and management. If I ever needed a day off I was never questioned why and was given the day off. The location of the company was good.

Cons

The lunch time is unpaid but overall I didn't have any concerns with the company.

Advice to Management

The management is very friendly, supportive and helpful.

Good company to work for

I have been working at Network Technologies Inc

Pros

My experience here was positive. The company has lots of pluses to it being that it is a small company with lots of growth potential. I think any prospective candidate would find it to have attractive opportunities. The pay scale and benefits are definitely competitive to above average. Work hours support a healthy balance with family, etc.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Nothing to recommend at this time.

Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Aurora, OH

I have been working at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility in how you work and what technologies you select.

Cons

Nothing much. Satisfied working here,

Good Salary, Stressful work enviroment

Former Employee - Engineer in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary (that's the only good thing i can think of.... Offering a generous package is the President's trick to absorb suckers into his trap)

Cons

Stressful work environment, no opportunity to grow your career, extreme level of micro-management by the company president, no meetings and no chances of having a fair mutual discussion with the president, unfair and inflexible and disrespectful company policies that violates your personal freedom and self-esteem at work and you will be yelled and cursed at by the president for any slight deviations from those strict and kind of crazy policies (e.g. no cell phones, deadlines for submitting request to take days off, etc.), poor communication flow within the company, no appreciation for what you accomplished. High employee turn-over.

Advice to Management

Just retire and leave the company and hire a professional CEO to run the company

the last place you want to work

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time

Pros

generous pay scale is the only pro

Cons

hostile and abusive controlling work environment

Advice to Management

if you got out of the way and let your workers actually perform their jobs the company would outgrow your stronghold

Being Unemployed Is Better Than Working At NTI

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Close to home. Regular working hours.

Cons

Abusive language from president of company. Cannot say "God bless you" if someone sneezes. No meetings allowed. No personal photos, cell phones, etc allowed. The first day I was there, I was told by more than one person that I'd be looking for another job in a year. They were right. They say they have never laid anyone off. While this may be technically true they make the working environment so terrible that there is CONSTANT turnover. And they fire people (with little or no cause) on a REGULAR basis.

Advice to Management

Until the President retires NTI will be one of the worst places to work in Northeast Ohio. I feel bad for my friends who still work there.

Very difficult, unprofessional and harsh working environment with little upside

Former Employee - Hardware Test Engineer in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Hardware Test Engineer in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc

Pros

Network Technologies is a technology driven and oriented company with good compensation and steady growth. Most products are built on site and the company does it's best to supply their inventory from global sources to lead in a very competitive market.

Cons

The work environment is very difficult, unprofessional and many times counter productive. Every aspect of company is micro-managed by the original owner/president which does not work with nearly 200 employee company. There are other “managers” within the company, most just repeat orders from the president with little thought or consideration and all decision making still rests with the president. There are no cell phones allowed in the building and there is little consideration for any of the employee’s personal life often needing some sort of written excuse or proof of where you are going to get time off (paid or unpaid). If you need to go anywhere away from your work area (i.e. go to the bathroom, lunch, get parts, discuss a project with another employee, etc.) you have to inform someone within your group where you are and when to expect you back so to not upset the president if he is looking for you. This rule applies to everyone within the company regardless of position or stature. There are set of unwritten rules within the company (i.e. must place purchase request in a specific inbox on the presidents desk, which is different from the one for PTO requests and so on, don’t disturb the president while he is at his desk, only walk one direction in main isle in the office area) that must be followed to the letter which are learned by trial and error. If you make a mistake or a perceived mistake (i.e. breaking unwritten rules) the president will yell, curse and belittle you in front of anyone around with no real two way discussion of the issue. Rarely will there be any positive reinforcement for a job well done, just moved on to the next task. The turnover rate for employees is very high, with most employees either quitting or being terminated within a year or two. There doesn’t seem to be anyway to grow in your position or within the company.

Advice to Management

Management needs to learn how to treat employees professionally and with respect. There needs to be positive encouragement and freedom to do the job at hand without the fear of being publicly belittled by management.

RSS Feed </> Embed