Network Technologies Inc

Carl Jagatich

Senior Software Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Aurora, OH

I have been working at Network Technologies Inc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility in how you work and what technologies you select.

Cons

Nothing much. Satisfied working here,

Never work here

Former Employee - Technical Marketing Associate in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Technical Marketing Associate in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They pay well, conceivably in return for one of the most soul-sucking work experiences that I have ever had.

Cons

Hmm, let's see. The general consensus is that the President has Asperger's syndrome, and at any given time he will decide to belittle, berate, disparage, and swear at any random employee, humiliating them and causing them to hate their work life in the process. There is no rhyme or reason to his choices or who he picks on, or when. It's all subject to his sociopathic whim. There are no conference rooms because he doesn't believe in meetings. There are no offices because he believes in transparency. He rules from a low-walled double-cubicle in a sea of cubicles. There is no independent thinking allowed here. People are not allowed to have their cell phones inside, and camaraderie in any form is discouraged. There is no joy here whatsoever. People eat in their cars, for heaven's sake, even in the dead of winter. The president thinks that financial solvency equals a healthy company. I shared a cubicle with the human resources manager, who was crazier than a bag of cats, while she accidentally spilled her Ritalin all over the floor, noisily ate her stinking tuna salad, and tried to make confidential phone calls while in an open cubicle. One day I was driving through the office park and the president came screaming by me in his Escalade, passing on a double yellow line going about 75 mph in a 25mph zone. I was a temp employee so that he didn't have to pay me benefits, and then right before you are eligible to be hired on and get benefits, he has the temp agency you are employed through call you on a Friday AFTER work to tell you that you're no longer needed. This is how they are able to claim that they have never laid anyone off. Absolute, complete and total, utter misery. I hated my job, I hated being micromanaged, I hated waiting for the verbal beatdown, I hated getting, or watching anyone get, the verbal beatdown, and he absolutely won't update his way of doing things (SO many paper files and a counterintuitive process for giving new products an item number). Ugh. I was happy to get that Friday night call and not have to go back there. The worst 5.5 months of my life.

President needs to retire and put someone else in charge or sell. That's the only way this company will ever improve in ANY way.

Good Salary, Stressful work enviroment

Former Employee - Engineer in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary (that's the only good thing i can think of.... Offering a generous package is the President's trick to absorb suckers into his trap)

Cons

Stressful work environment, no opportunity to grow your career, extreme level of micro-management by the company president, no meetings and no chances of having a fair mutual discussion with the president, unfair and inflexible and disrespectful company policies that violates your personal freedom and self-esteem at work and you will be yelled and cursed at by the president for any slight deviations from those strict and kind of crazy policies (e.g. no cell phones, deadlines for submitting request to take days off, etc.), poor communication flow within the company, no appreciation for what you accomplished. High employee turn-over.

Just retire and leave the company and hire a professional CEO to run the company

the last place you want to work

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time

Pros

generous pay scale is the only pro

Cons

hostile and abusive controlling work environment

if you got out of the way and let your workers actually perform their jobs the company would outgrow your stronghold

Being Unemployed Is Better Than Working At NTI

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Close to home. Regular working hours.

Cons

Abusive language from president of company. Cannot say "God bless you" if someone sneezes. No meetings allowed. No personal photos, cell phones, etc allowed. The first day I was there, I was told by more than one person that I'd be looking for another job in a year. They were right. They say they have never laid anyone off. While this may be technically true they make the working environment so terrible that there is CONSTANT turnover. And they fire people (with little or no cause) on a REGULAR basis.

Until the President retires NTI will be one of the worst places to work in Northeast Ohio. I feel bad for my friends who still work there.

Very difficult, unprofessional and harsh working environment with little upside

Former Employee - Hardware Test Engineer in Aurora, OH
    Former Employee - Hardware Test Engineer in Aurora, OH

I worked at Network Technologies Inc

Pros

Network Technologies is a technology driven and oriented company with good compensation and steady growth. Most products are built on site and the company does it's best to supply their inventory from global sources to lead in a very competitive market.

Cons

The work environment is very difficult, unprofessional and many times counter productive. Every aspect of company is micro-managed by the original owner/president which does not work with nearly 200 employee company. There are other “managers” within the company, most just repeat orders from the president with little thought or consideration and all decision making still rests with the president. There are no cell phones allowed in the building and there is little consideration for any of the employee’s personal life often needing some sort of written excuse or proof of where you are going to get time off (paid or unpaid). If you need to go anywhere away from your work area (i.e. go to the bathroom, lunch, get parts, discuss a project with another employee, etc.) you have to inform someone within your group where you are and when to expect you back so to not upset the president if he is looking for you. This rule applies to everyone within the company regardless of position or stature. There are set of unwritten rules within the company (i.e. must place purchase request in a specific inbox on the presidents desk, which is different from the one for PTO requests and so on, don’t disturb the president while he is at his desk, only walk one direction in main isle in the office area) that must be followed to the letter which are learned by trial and error. If you make a mistake or a perceived mistake (i.e. breaking unwritten rules) the president will yell, curse and belittle you in front of anyone around with no real two way discussion of the issue. Rarely will there be any positive reinforcement for a job well done, just moved on to the next task. The turnover rate for employees is very high, with most employees either quitting or being terminated within a year or two. There doesn’t seem to be anyway to grow in your position or within the company.

Management needs to learn how to treat employees professionally and with respect. There needs to be positive encouragement and freedom to do the job at hand without the fear of being publicly belittled by management.

Good pay, okay benefits, horrible work environment.

I have been working at Network Technologies Inc

Pros

From my experience, and the info I've gathered from other employees, it seems that NTI pays more than most other places for most of the positions within the company. The company has been steadily growing and expanding over the last 20 years with most of the growth taking place over the last 3-5 years. Many of the people tend to work in isolation so that could be a positive or a negative depending on your level of social abilities and desires. In being a small company, most employees wear multiple hats so there is always new things to learn and understand.

Cons

The company is run by the original owner and he creates a very harsh and abrasive work environment. He frequently screams at people with profanity and makes sexual-oriented remarks toward many women. Most of the processes and procedures in place were adequate for a 10 person company but don't scale to the 100+ that the company now has. Most rules are archaic and subject to verbal amendment at any time. Time off is minimal and often requires doctor's notes. Cell phones can't be brought into the building. The owner micro-manages all aspects of the company and many people report directly to him. The lack of hierarchical structure shows in the ad-hoc day to day operaitons.

Step back from micro managing, respect employees, trust employees, hire true managers, delegate duties sensibly, update internal processes away from writing everything on paper (this is 2009!!).