Networking for Future Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.7
Hess Fatemi

1. I have been with NFF for almost a year now and this has been one of the best organizations I have worked for in DC.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Networking for Future full-time (More than a year)

Pros

True work/life balance they offer and believe in. Hard work is recognized and appreciated. Management has an open door policy. HR is on your side and there to help every step of the way. The culture and overall team oriented environment is something I always searched for and finally found. Biggest pro, I don't dread Monday mornings.

Cons

At the moment, no cons come to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working great!

2. Best company I've worked for in my 25 year career

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Networking for Future full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for NFF is a breath of fresh air in the corporate world I've experienced so far. Communication lines are short and open. Management is personable and respectful. The fact that NFF is about to get ISO 9001:2008 certified is a testament to their efforts to maintain healthy processes and a consistent quality. We have a great team, with hard working, fun, and loyal colleagues!

Cons

None, unless you find it hard to take initiative and/or follow well defined processes.

3. Great place to work!!

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Networking for Future full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay and benefits are competitive. The work is engaging. However, what attracted me most was the culture. NFF is different than any IT firm I’ve worked for. There is transparency with all layers of management, and an appreciation and understanding for individuals and their skills and talents. Other pros include: **I’m given a lot of autonomy to do my job – absolutely no micromanagement – which is refreshing and empowering for me. **My managers are open to not only my ideas but my feedback on their management style. **For those working on client sites, I see a lot of effort through the corporate office team to keep everyone in the loop of what is happening with the company as a whole. **Training and professional development is really encouraged

Cons

The biggest challenge I've seen is that the employees are spread out on varied projects and client sites, so it really takes an effort to keep everyone on the pulse of NFF, the company, as a whole. The quarterly happy hour is a good way to connect with the other employees - hopefully they will continue to take steps to encourage that the company has a "family" feel.

5. Engineering drives solutions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Networking for Future full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with a dedication to ensuring their solution delivery and sales is based on actual engineering capabilities. NFF embraces a results oriented approach for employee management and compensation. There is a true commitment to work/life balance backed up with actions and decisions and not just feel good talking points.

Cons

Company growth is funded through their own revenue. No VC backed perks or large parent corporation.

6. A Glorious Mom and Pop IT Shop

I have been working at Networking for Future full-time

Pros

Typical of Mom and Pop shops in IT, NFF has to over pay with cash compensation in order to attract talent. This is to compensate for lack of job security and mediocre benefits. This is great for those looking to boost their salary and put away cash. If you are a talented individual and they like you, you can be confident and firm when negotiating. You will have a great title and the salary to match if you are in the corporate office. If you are contracting, you can push them to their limit. If you are on a contract for a year and the customer really likes you, you can push them for a big raise. You’ll get it. If you are on a solid contract for one of their best customers, DC government, you may enjoy a smooth ride. For most of the NFF contractors working at any site for DC government, NFF is transparent. They report to their work site daily and literally tune out NFF. Some actually forget that they actually work for a Mom and Pop. They operate as DC government employees.

Cons

Enjoy that fancy job title and high pay in the corporate office for as long as you can. Typical of most Mom and Pop shops in IT, NFF has limited resources and they do not have relationships in the industry. Turnover in the corporate office is high. They tend to bite off more than they can chew and when finances get tight, they will reduce you to part time and then eventually let you go. If you are on a contract that ends, there will not be another for them to transition you to. They cannot afford a bench. Also, there is no clear direction of where to take the business. The management style in the corporate office is completely Micro. If you do not like to be micro managed, NFF is not for you. If you come onboard expect to have meetings with the CEO and President (almost daily) to talk about every nook and cranny, over and over again. Just to give you an idea: there are 10-12 people in the corporate office and there is a Director, VP, President, and CEO that you will interface with daily. Four executive managers overseeing 8 people is as micro as you can get without splitting an atom. Lastly, the smooth ride that the DC government contractors have can be a double edged sword. Just how a contractor can forget that they work for the Mom and Pop, NFF can forget the contractors as well. It is a basic case of “out of sight, out of mind”. NFF has a long history of not reaching out to their contractors in the field to make them feel like they belong to an actual company.

Advice to Management

America loves Mom and Pops. These businesses are the backbone of America. Management should be proud of what they are and reduce ideas to commensurate what’s in the pockets. Create an environment that is relaxed. Mom and Pops retain people by having a friendly atmosphere. Putting out a bunch of borrowed cash and trying to play big shot will not help in the IT industry. There are too many billion dollar big shots in the IT industry that make NFF’s money look like chump change.

Networking for Future Response

May 2, 2014 – Executive

We would like to thank the person for taking the time to review NFF, define us as “glorious,” and giving us 3 stars. This post is from a previous employee who had a different view of what team work ... More

7. Expect big things from the small company.

Pros

Medium sizes company with good compensation and benefits. There are some very knowledgeable people on staff that can help grow your personal experience.

Cons

If a contract ends, they may have difficulty finding a replacement.

Advice to Management

None

RSS Feed </> Embed