NeuStar

NeuStar Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

NeuStar President and CEO Lisa A. Hook

Lisa A. Hook

Pros:
  • "They have a great benefits program"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Great benefit including work life balance, 401K and insurance etc"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management has no clear or effective strategy to make new company acquisitions work"
    in 10 reviews
  • "The company is a constant reorg mode with little to no strategic thought in the reorg"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Flying fast but a bit of a turbulent ride

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe leadership is dedicated to reinventing the (already successful) company. Having a vision to take a company through this takes commitment and courage. Have the leadership team got the stomach for the journey? Time will tell. Lots of talent at the company. Want to work with a smart crew? This might be the place for you. Good comp package. Nice working conditions.

ConsRaw talent alone doesn't guarantee success. Some people don't see the same vision but can't afford to get off the ride due to the generous comp package.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your guns. Have the courage to build the next iteration of this awesome company.

It's Been a Great Joy

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than 8 years

ProsNeustar has a world-class team of technical and business experts. In my opinion, no one is better at telephone numbering in the world and the expanding business of information and analytics will provide top-line growth for years to come.

ConsIf you are looking for a massive company with cushy retirement benefits at the staff level, it may not be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI admire the great work that you are doing.

Very happy here and plan to stay

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat company, great benefits. Room for career advancement.

ConsUnorganized priorities at times. Career paths not well defined.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake notice and recognize of the top talent you have.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company

Data Related (Current Employee)

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat benefits, good people, positive outlook

ConsReally slow, conflicting messages, disregard those not in upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want more innovation, give employees an incentive to innovate.

High-growth company with a bright future

I have been working at NeuStar full-time

ProsGreat career and growth opportunities, can help shape the future of the company and the industry, awesome people to work with, professional but relaxed work environment, get to do highly valued, impactful work, lots of change happening which is exciting to be part of

ConsThings move fast - which some people like and other don't, but it's necessary given the transformation we are trying to make - we can't win by doing the same things the same way

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accessible, communicate decisions and the why behind them

Great place to work

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNeustar values it's employees and is in the process of changing the business and the culture and it all for the good. The company is moving in the right direction and senior leadership has involved employees from various levels to champion our culture change. Benefits and compensation are very comparable if not above those in the marketplace. We are making a huge effort to ensure that those we hire are good fits in the company so that they can easily fit in to help us move the business forward. We are on the right path - we may stumble along the way but we will achieve!

ConsWork/Life balance is not always the best. There are peaks and valleys as there are in all companies so I don't think there is much that can be done about it and I don't think you will find the grass greener on the other side.

Amazing people/culture and incredibly gratifying work!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Sterling, VA

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for less than a year

ProsThe culture and people are hands down amazing. I am genuinely excited to come into work everyday because the team I work with is such a joy to be around. We motivate and support each other, and it feels like we have been friends for years. Compensation package and benefits are a huge pro, as well as the workplace itself. The work is challenging, but rewarding. Work/life balance is another pro. The managers and leadership are extremely receptive and understanding when personal issues arise and work must take a backseat. I am extremely happy here and can't wait to see what the future has in store for Neustar!

ConsSometimes the upper management isn't as hands on as they need to be - but this is true for any growing organization. Things may seem unorganized sometimes because the company is changing and evolving - and those who can't keep up and aren't open to change are left behind. This is a NATURAL process in any growing business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTouch base with your teams more frequently; it would be nice to know that senior leadership genuinely cares about the smaller projects and tasks we are working on.

Changes is a constant here

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood compensation package and benefits. The vision to switch to Information analytics company is a exciting

Consbeen here for a long time and have seen many changes over the years. Looking back, some of the changes were for the better for sure. but in the last 2-3 years the changes have been one after another, with very little time for the dust to settle. Recently almost 8% (approx 120) of employees were laid off. We've had these lay offs before, but this one feels different - like we are preparing for the worst with the pending NPAC rebid with the FCC. Times are rough at neustar right now. Hopefully, things will get better...
Also - at a higher level of management, who you know goes much further than what you achieve -- not a great way to run a business.

Advice to Senior Managementreward achievement and results - not your buddies.

God save this great company from the evil, inefficient & ineffective top management.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat working env, very good pay and benefits, lot of opportunities to learn and practice.

ConsLousy senior management for the past few years with confused vision & strategy. Unnecessary and frequent organizational changes. Little or no respect to the experienced, skilled and talented technical staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone because they are not in a position to listen or understand.

One of the worst professional experiences ever.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at NeuStar full-time for more than a year

ProsThe benefits and pay are great at this company. Depending on what department you're in, there may also be a very flexible expense account.

ConsCompany's core business is rapidly deteriorating. Company is attempting growth through acquisitions- always a questionable and risky model. Upper management are rather dense and unknowledgeable. Upper management has no clear or effective strategy to make new company acquisitions work. One month leadership says the company is going in one direction, then it's 180 degrees the next month. This goes on and on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your subordinates good reasons to respect you.

Worked for NeuStar? Contribute to the Community!

NeuStar Videos

NeuStar – Why Work for Us?

Company Facts • Headquarters: • Sterling, VA (USA) • Founded: • 1996 • President and CEO: • Lisa A. Hook • Stock Symbol: • June 2005 (NYSE: NSR) • Employees: • Approx. 1,500 worldwide • FY2011 Revenue… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NeuStar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NeuStar CEO Lisa A. Hook. All 149 reviews posted anonymously by NeuStar employees.