Neudesic Reviews

Reset
3.5
Neudesic CEO Parsa Rohani
Parsa Rohani

Pros
  • you will get opportunity to work on new technologies (in 8 reviews)

• Thought leadership and strong, smart people (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Micro-management, egotism, lack of communication (in 9 reviews)

• Senior management lacks vision and strategy (in 7 reviews)

1. Stable company to work for

I have been working at Neudesic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for and pays pretty well. In my experience, I've had plenty of support in completing the necessary certifications I needed.

Cons

As a consultant, If you need to travel for a project, there are no corporate cards issued and you are expected to cover your expenses and then submit them for reimbursements, hoping they are processed in a timely manner.

Advice to Management

Consider providing corporate cards, since the expenses are going to be covered any way, or at least process expenses every week, instead of every two weeks.

Be aware - not the best place to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Neudesic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really smart people, competitive compensation, latest technology, working remotely (if you consider this a pro*), company pays for certification exams.

Cons

Many good consultants and managers were let go, micro management introduced, benefits: no 401K employer match, medical is expensive, coverage is below average. Expect to work 12 hr days and get paid for 8. Bonus system is poor.

Advice to Management

If you want your employees to be loyal, stop using people as means to produce revenue only.

3. Company is OK

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Neudesic

Pros

smart people, using latest technology, good vibe

Cons

travel can be too much sometimes

Senior Consultant III

Former Employee - Senior Consultant III in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant III in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Neudesic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of extremely smart people Work with some of the latest technology in the Microsoft stack A lot of career growth opportunity

Cons

Be prepared to enhance your soft skills, many may not realize but technical prowess is only about 1/3rd of your job responsibilities

Advice to Management

Offer a more competitive compensation package. Branch out into newer technology stacks. Offer a more flexible work/life balance. Stop engaging in staff augmentation.

6. I love working with this company because of the values they hold and the culture they share.

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Neudesic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone in the office has passion in what they do, everyone is friendly and is willing to help out. You can even talk to the founders of the company without having to follow protocol.

Cons

There are times when you may not have something to do

7. Great company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Neudesic

Pros

Smart people, high integrity and an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Hard to balance work and life but part of that is by choice when you enjoy what you are doing.

Advice to Management

More direct ownership opportunities - profit sharing, options, etc.

Fun, engaging teams but unpredictable results

I worked at Neudesic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Neudesic has attracted some excellent talent, and I believe the company will thrive over the long haul. Good work is rewarded both with attention and money, and every team I encountered was eager to deliver for clients.

Cons

You may be thrown into projects poorly sold or understood by sales & management, and it's up to you to sink or swim. The corporate culture is positive but doesn't have a support structure required to compete with larger companies. Neudesic is also very, very Microsoft-centric, which I believe hurts them in wholly understanding client needs; they seem too eager to herd every business activity into the MSFT stack.

Advice to Management

Invest in the training, networking, and coaching support structure that helps turn faltering projects into successful projects.

9. Great group of technologists and innovators.

I have been working at Neudesic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely smart people. Great advancement opportunity if you have the right skills

Cons

Benefits could improve but they review them yearly to try to improve.

Continually altering the management of the company, hoping that something will work.

I worked at Neudesic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Neudesic hires and retains talented consultants. The consultants are generally upbeat, supportive, and willing to help. Neudesic strives to be a responsive Microsoft partner.

Cons

Having its roots in IT, it remains too IT-centric. Overly focused on the tactical nuts and bolts (cost and timing) and not enough on making a business impact - in fact business impact is not even on their radar or in the cultural DNA.

Advice to Management

Focus on business. Work on becoming business-centric. That will require the consultants either being more business-driven (very difficult) or having sales/customer success stay involved to identify, measure and manage to a business result.

Used to be a great place, now just an average company...

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Irvine, CA

I worked at Neudesic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- You get to work with some of the latest and greatest technologies - You get to work with some extremely smart people

Cons

Like one of the earlier reviewers said: if you aren't a part of the good ol' boy network, then your time at Neudesic is very limited." I support that statement 110%. Also, I've never experienced such 'amount and size of egos' anywhere else. Seems that people I worked with were much more interested in "managing" (although most time they were actually "mismanaging") and making sure that they are always right rather then focus on improving the processes, department, company, and finally the bottom line. Moreover, there is 0 or very little communication across the company - office/company politics is so rampant, that you never know whether project you are working on will be a success - in other words, it is all based on who you know, and then who they know, and then whether the very top management cares about the project you are working on. So essentially, very silly stuff to deal with. From what I heard from numerous people across department, it used to be a great company in first 5-6 years of its existence, yet, in the past few years it has been on the down-slide. Lots of very smart and able people left and also as some other reviewers pointed out were just let go - and that is after giving Neudesic 5+ years of service. In other words, no one should ever buy into that pep-talk about loyalty and other things, because it does NOT exist at any company. Further, since many top-notch developers/managers have left in the past few years, a lot of ones that have been promoted internally to managing positions turned out to be quite poor replacements (i.e. I worked with some and it actually made my work experience harder and more frustrating). Also, as earlier reviewers mentioned, by making bonus virtually nonexistent (i.e. bonus structure set up in such way so that is impossible to achieve any kind of bonus from consultant's point of view), they pretty much took out of the major incentives why one would want to join consulting company. Lastly, to reiterate again, Neudesic has pretty much turned into 'good ol'd boy network' as no one cares if you are the brightest, have great ideas, and could actually be very valuable to the company in the long term, unless you are part of the close circle that has the ear of CEO. Talking about CEO and other partners/co-owners, they still run the company as a small shop, whereas at this time after almost 14 years of existence company should be run more more efficiently. In other words, there should not be restructuring every single year or a huge turnovers ever couple of months as you should be mature / much more stable company by now.I think if you compare it to other similar consulting companies (in terms of size and/or revenue), at this point they should be where for example Slalom is, but they are not, actually far from it. And again, it is because of so many inefficiencies across the board, from CEO and partners down to associate consultants. In the end, it seems that it turned into typical large consulting company where bottom line is all it matters at all times and nothing else. Who cares about the PEOPLE...we can always keep hiring new ones, right? That is just the most common mistake in my opinion, because people are the most important asset in any organizations. Hire the 'right' people, take a good care of them, and they will repay you 100 times back.

Advice to Management

- Take a better care of your people - It is shameful that you keep pocketing more money every year and choose not to do any kind of 401k matching - Don't be cheap on healthcare plans - Provide some stability for your employees and don't do reorg every single year

RSS Feed </> Embed