NeuroFocus

NeuroFocus Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

A.K. Pradeep

Great company and great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI am a past employee. I worked for Neurofocus for almost three years. I have nothing but positive things to say. Dr. Pradeep is a very caring and charismatic leader. I really felt that he appreciated the work that every single employee did for the company. He even gave a toast to every department at his Christmas the year I started and that is just one of the many things that make him a great leader.

I received excellent but rigorous training when I first started. The training really helped when we returned home to start up our local lab. I really got to know my coworkers during the training process as well and considered them my second family.

ConsSometimes last minute travel for remote studies would be a little frustrating but my lab director worked well with all of us to try to rotate who would go on remote studies the best he could. While this was frustrating it was rewarding to work with employees from the other national and global labs and get to know them better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving for greatness like you are. While I was there I did not see a lot of potential for upward mobility but I believe that is changing.

Micro Managed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBrilliant minds work in the office

ConsMicromanaged by office manager all of the time

Great business - questions about acquisition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsExciting industry and business model. Neuromarketing is a rapidly growing field and Nielsen needs this to appear cutting-edge.

ConsNielsen has been cleaning house and eliminating NeuroFocus employees. Appears as though they bought the platform and plan to discard the employee base and backfill with Nielsen staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementComplete the integration fast rather than death by a thousand cuts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Laid back, start up feel with an ambitious and smart team of individuals

Neurofocus (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsCompetitive salary, extensive travel for neurophysiologists (all paid for), laid back management team, start up environment, surrounded by high caliber professionals

ConsNo professionalism, lack of initiative on behalf of HR to satisfy employees who have made requests/complaints, lack of respect for time of neurophysiologists (working long hours, without weekends)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of an effort to praise good work where appropriate

Excellent product and co-workers, but the senior leadership of this company could sink this ship.

Operations (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsCutting-edge technology
    Fun attitude of colleagues
    Ability to develop your own process without much red tape

ConsSerious senior leadership management issues. Performance issues and childish behavior by some exec team members refuse to be addressed by CEO, even when brought by HR. Result is lack of accountability for actions and loss of faith by employees that professional behavior is not optional.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop executives need to have a no-tolerance stance on the disrespectful shenanigans of specific C-level employees. Without this, the company will never reach it's potential, and the good employees will continue to migrate to other employers.

Fantastic place to work - Cutting edge science and technology

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsUnbelievably smart people, and a global hyper growth pace

ConsLong hours and brutal deadlines

Advice to Senior ManagementGo public !!

Worked for NeuroFocus? Contribute to the Community!