NeuroFocus

NeuroFocus Reviews

3.8

A.K. Pradeep
1 Rating

Great company and great people

I worked at NeuroFocus full-time

Pros

I am a past employee. I worked for Neurofocus for almost three years. I have nothing but positive things to say. Dr. Pradeep is a very caring and charismatic leader. I really felt that he appreciated the work that every single employee did for the company. He even gave a toast to every department at his Christmas the year I started and that is just one of the many things that make him a great leader.

I received excellent but rigorous training when I first started. The training really helped when we returned home to start up our local lab. I really got to know my coworkers during the training process as well and considered them my second family.

Cons

Sometimes last minute travel for remote studies would be a little frustrating but my lab director worked well with all of us to try to rotate who would go on remote studies the best he could. While this was frustrating it was rewarding to work with employees from the other national and global labs and get to know them better.

Keep striving for greatness like you are. While I was there I did not see a lot of potential for upward mobility but I believe that is changing.

Micro Managed

I worked at NeuroFocus

Pros

Brilliant minds work in the office

Cons

Micromanaged by office manager all of the time

Great business - questions about acquisition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I worked at NeuroFocus full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exciting industry and business model. Neuromarketing is a rapidly growing field and Nielsen needs this to appear cutting-edge.

Cons

Nielsen has been cleaning house and eliminating NeuroFocus employees. Appears as though they bought the platform and plan to discard the employee base and backfill with Nielsen staff.

Complete the integration fast rather than death by a thousand cuts.

Laid back, start up feel with an ambitious and smart team of individuals

Current Employee - Neurofocus in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Neurofocus in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at NeuroFocus

Pros

Competitive salary, extensive travel for neurophysiologists (all paid for), laid back management team, start up environment, surrounded by high caliber professionals

Cons

No professionalism, lack of initiative on behalf of HR to satisfy employees who have made requests/complaints, lack of respect for time of neurophysiologists (working long hours, without weekends)

Make more of an effort to praise good work where appropriate

Excellent product and co-workers, but the senior leadership of this company could sink this ship.

Current Employee - Operations in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at NeuroFocus

Pros

Cutting-edge technology
    Fun attitude of colleagues
    Ability to develop your own process without much red tape

Cons

Serious senior leadership management issues. Performance issues and childish behavior by some exec team members refuse to be addressed by CEO, even when brought by HR. Result is lack of accountability for actions and loss of faith by employees that professional behavior is not optional.

Top executives need to have a no-tolerance stance on the disrespectful shenanigans of specific C-level employees. Without this, the company will never reach it's potential, and the good employees will continue to migrate to other employers.

Fantastic place to work - Cutting edge science and technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I have been working at NeuroFocus

Pros

Unbelievably smart people, and a global hyper growth pace

Cons

Long hours and brutal deadlines

Go public !!