Neustar Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014

Neustar President and CEO Lisa A. Hook
Lisa A. Hook

Pros
  • Company has great benefits, it's one of the reasons people stay (in 23 reviews)

• Great benefit including work life balance, 401K and insurance etc (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no clear or effective strategy to make new company acquisitions work (in 11 reviews)

• The company is a constant reorg mode with little to no strategic thought in the reorg (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great learning experience of different applications.

Former Employee - Technical Applications Engineer  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Applications Engineer in Englewood, CO

I worked at Neustar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management as well as paid and benefits.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about the company.

Keep up the great work...

Salesforce system administrator

Former Employee - Salesforce Administrator  in  Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Salesforce Administrator in Sterling, VA

I worked at Neustar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced, learning opportunity. Used to be a great org to work for.

Cons

Make you work like a dog.

Get an idea about how sales should run.

Great mid and lower level talent.

I have been working at Neustar

Pros

Good money and generous benefits

Cons

constant turmoil, especially toward the top--forced turnover.

Value all employees, don't just say you do.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Liars, bait and switch, ego based management, reward and promotions strictly on politics, closed minded orderly approach

Current Employee - User Experience Design  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Design in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

none, really, the nice and most qualified people left the company. It is going downhill, like the stock. — There are only about 4-5 people I consider worthwhile coworkers, and only two of them are in management.

Cons

lower experienced management promoted through politics, decline of people skills in new management, does not value loyal staff devoted to good work. More value for hierarchical claim of credit than open discussion and deserved recognition. I see new junior workers treated rudely and devalued for no reason. I think they are hired to boost lower skilled management egos, really. It is no longer a supportive collaborative environment. People use the blame game to cover their own mistakes rather than to resolve. … I was actually told while working there to work slower and not post all of my work on confluence so the lead developer did not appear to be behind, and to make her look like a better worker. It was one of the more boring jobs I've held. I'm looking forward to getting back to working with more genuine people with less corporate cover ups. … The bait and switch of others is unethical. One day someone was told told they will get help with a work visa for helping the company and dumped for no reason of performance when the time of need came. I have seen others told promises of training in front of a group of people and pulled aside within 5 minutes to be told it is not true, The new management is not trustworthy. Neustar does not deserve your good work. It has a lot of shallow marketing to save face, though that is deep as it goes. Sincerely.

Contractors, even after 3 years, are considered worthless and do not get any incentives, raises, or thanks. When you have a lot of indian people on your staff a party at a stake house for a company is moronic. Indians are Vegetarian- duh. Your talk about career with the company is just insincere marketing words. — I would suggest a clean sweep of your politicians and those who are sweeping people under the run to cover up for their mistakes. I would suggests you take an approach to review design more efficiently, live up to your promises, educate your management on ethics, on create a place where bouncing ideas off the walls are acceptable to sort thoguh the ok and the ones that really work. You have a corporate climb mentatlity now that has shown more defensiveness on who is wright and who is wrong. In actuality it is all the darts we throw that get to the best answer. I remember there was a time I used to love meeting with my coworkers to get some progress done and now it is like a a thankless authority game. It used to be a fun and rewarding place to work that is now just politics. Good luck with your Hitler of today..

Sales Leadership

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Neustar full-time

Pros

Great opportunity, good people in the middle management ranks, good benefits and facilities

Cons

You will never be more valued by the CEO than your first day. You will be the smartest person in the organization until two months later when the next "smart guy" shows up. You can't trust the top leadership. If you were in accounting this last fourth of July, you were in the office closing the books. Lots insincerity from the highest levels. Culture is toxic. HR has annual goal to be most liked to work for.

Take employee surveys serious.

Ever-changing

Current Employee - Data Analyst  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits, good tools, and many outlets for executive feedback.

Cons

Too much change. Every year there has been a radical change in company vision and strategy. Progress is slowed because of the constant change.

If you truly want to move to a SaaS model then you must have the entire company embrace the method.

Good

I have been working at Neustar

Pros

Excellent beneifts, challenging work, intelligent co-workers

Cons

Limited opportunity for promotion from within.

Massive lack of leadership and direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sterling, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I worked at Neustar full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits and decent compensation.

Cons

Neustar has an intriguing analytics solution set but cannot get out of its own way. The lack of leadership starts at the top but the mid-level management of the company is the real problem. Favoritism, cliques, lack of involvement, poor messaging, no hands on training, absence of maturity and a toxic environment are the cornerstones of Neustar right now. Many people I have spoken with since my departure have mirrored the same sentiments, which tells me the executive leadership has no idea what is going on below them or they know and turn a blind eye. The reputation of Neustar, at least here in the DC area, is badly tarnished and my be irreparable because they refuse to address the real problem which is the terrible work environment. I had high hopes for a career with Neustar gave every effort both professionally and personally. However, I realized quickly that I had made a bad career decision. Even then, I worked hard to change the mindset and adjust the culture but my manager had no interest in even communicating with me from the start. My last day at Neustar was my best day at the company.

Address the real problems with you leadership at the mid-level and culture. They are dragging you down further than your stock price right now.

neustar is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer  in  Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

salary, bonus, stock ... good benefits too

Cons

layoffs last january took out some needed people

too many re-orgs ... it's a good idea to not change who's reporting to who quite so often

What started out as a great place became a place that no longer cared about the employees.

I worked at Neustar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great coworkers and decent benefits.

Cons

Upper management who are disassociated from the rest of the company. Too many changes and no real strategy. Remote offices are not involved with the rest of the company, overlooked and treated like step children of the company. No real chances of advancement and training is almost nonexistent. Salary is not very competitive.

Worked for Neustar? Contribute to the Community!