Neustar Reviews

Updated September 9, 2014
3.1

Neustar President and CEO Lisa A. Hook
Lisa A. Hook

Pros
  • Company has great benefits, it's one of the reasons people stay (in 22 reviews)

• Great benefit including work life balance, 401K and insurance etc (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no clear or effective strategy to make new company acquisitions work (in 10 reviews)

• The company is a constant reorg mode with little to no strategic thought in the reorg (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

It's Been a Great Joy

Current Employee - Manager  in  Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Neustar has a world-class team of technical and business experts. In my opinion, no one is better at telephone numbering in the world and the expanding business of information and analytics will provide top-line growth for years to come.

Cons

If you are looking for a massive company with cushy retirement benefits at the staff level, it may not be the place for you.

I admire the great work that you are doing.

Good Company

Current Employee - Data Related
    Current Employee - Data Related

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, good people, positive outlook

Cons

Really slow, conflicting messages, disregard those not in upper management

If you want more innovation, give employees an incentive to innovate.

Very happy here and plan to stay

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company, great benefits. Room for career advancement.

Cons

Unorganized priorities at times. Career paths not well defined.

Take notice and recognize of the top talent you have.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for. Been here 5.5 years and plan to stay much longer!

Current Employee - Professional Services  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is the best company I've worked for. The benefits are amazing and Neustar cares about our health and wellness by sponsoring many health related events. Compensation is competitive and the bonus structure is great. I love who I work with. Everyone is very friendly and everyone seems to get along. My position is very flexible in terms of telecommuting and hours which is great. While being at Neustar, I've moved up 4 positions allowing me to continue to drive success and be gainfully employed.

Cons

This is a very sales focused business and if you aren't in sales, some meetings can be boring and seeming irrelevant to your daily duties.

Keep up the great work!

God save this great company from the evil, inefficient & ineffective top management.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great working env, very good pay and benefits, lot of opportunities to learn and practice.

Cons

Lousy senior management for the past few years with confused vision & strategy. Unnecessary and frequent organizational changes. Little or no respect to the experienced, skilled and talented technical staff.

None because they are not in a position to listen or understand.

Great place to work

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Neustar values it's employees and is in the process of changing the business and the culture and it all for the good. The company is moving in the right direction and senior leadership has involved employees from various levels to champion our culture change. Benefits and compensation are very comparable if not above those in the marketplace. We are making a huge effort to ensure that those we hire are good fits in the company so that they can easily fit in to help us move the business forward. We are on the right path - we may stumble along the way but we will achieve!

Cons

Work/Life balance is not always the best. There are peaks and valleys as there are in all companies so I don't think there is much that can be done about it and I don't think you will find the grass greener on the other side.

Disruption is good...change is hard for many.

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Taking bold action is growing in popularity! I'be been here for 4 years and have witnessed the transformation of our once stagnant company to a thriving game changing organization! Taking calculated risk, taking initiative, and speaking up are expected from EVERY employee! I personally love this, but many people have a hard time with change and prefer to work in a quiet and monotonous position—this is definitely not Neustar!

Disruption is not for the light hearted!

Cons

As the company continues to evolve as the leader in commerical insights and transform the culture to a highly motivated and accountable workforce, we're challenged with people who can't seem to grow and learn fast enough for our business.

Learn to be a servant to your employees...it will go a long way!

Amazing people/culture and incredibly gratifying work!

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Neustar full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture and people are hands down amazing. I am genuinely excited to come into work everyday because the team I work with is such a joy to be around. We motivate and support each other, and it feels like we have been friends for years. Compensation package and benefits are a huge pro, as well as the workplace itself. The work is challenging, but rewarding. Work/life balance is another pro. The managers and leadership are extremely receptive and understanding when personal issues arise and work must take a backseat. I am extremely happy here and can't wait to see what the future has in store for Neustar!

Cons

Sometimes the upper management isn't as hands on as they need to be - but this is true for any growing organization. Things may seem unorganized sometimes because the company is changing and evolving - and those who can't keep up and aren't open to change are left behind. This is a NATURAL process in any growing business.

Touch base with your teams more frequently; it would be nice to know that senior leadership genuinely cares about the smaller projects and tasks we are working on.

Changes is a constant here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good compensation package and benefits. The vision to switch to Information analytics company is a exciting

Cons

been here for a long time and have seen many changes over the years. Looking back, some of the changes were for the better for sure. but in the last 2-3 years the changes have been one after another, with very little time for the dust to settle. Recently almost 8% (approx 120) of employees were laid off. We've had these lay offs before, but this one feels different - like we are preparing for the worst with the pending NPAC rebid with the FCC. Times are rough at neustar right now. Hopefully, things will get better...
    Also - at a higher level of management, who you know goes much further than what you achieve -- not a great way to run a business.

reward achievement and results - not your buddies.

One of the worst professional experiences ever.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Neustar full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits and pay are great at this company. Depending on what department you're in, there may also be a very flexible expense account.

Cons

Company's core business is rapidly deteriorating. Company is attempting growth through acquisitions- always a questionable and risky model. Upper management are rather dense and unknowledgeable. Upper management has no clear or effective strategy to make new company acquisitions work. One month leadership says the company is going in one direction, then it's 180 degrees the next month. This goes on and on and on.

Give your subordinates good reasons to respect you.

Worked for Neustar? Contribute to the Community!