New Breed Logistics

Updated December 14, 2014
1.9

New Breed Logistics CEO Louis Dejoy
Louis Dejoy

Pros
  • The company is growing quickly so every day is different from the last (in 4 reviews)

• There are some good people at the manager level & down (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management thrives on petty games & loves people who are willing to get someone else fired (in 7 reviews)

• There is little to no regard for employees who are at the lowest end of the pay scale (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

If you like to work overtime, this is the job for you.

Current Employee - Level II Tech in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Level II Tech in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at New Breed Logistics

Pros

Decent pay. Ok benefits. The job its easy and most of the time you work sitting down.

Cons

The biggest downside is that they make overtime mandatory. Sometimes you have to go in at 4AM! and work everyday non stop.

Dont overwork employees.

Fair pay, sub-standard benefits, favoritism.

Current Employee - Buyer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Everett, WA

I have been working at New Breed Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is pretty good, compared to the amount of work and responsibilities.

Cons

Very little vacation time, benefits are barely existent, and a lot of managers pick favorites (or just outright hire their friends).

Be a little less biased to your favorite employees and listen to the concerns of all employees.

BIG TIME DOWNFALL

I have been working at New Breed Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

it used to be a great place to work and I loved working there. always had OT in the department I worked in, and my bosses loved the way I worked and trusted my judgment on things, and they used to be fair when it came to needing a day off.

Cons

when I first started working there, the place was a great place to learn how to do warehouse work properly. after a while, the management made huge changes to their faculty, and it was a downfall from there. many people lost their jobs due to the company moving only certain departments (which included mine) to a different state, and they had to compensate 20+ peoples job to fit in the rest of the warehouse. many people quit, and a lot of people got let go. theyre also unfair with the way they handle certain situations.

Management so poor, you'd think you were back in kindergarden

Former Employee - Account Representative in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Everett, WA

I worked at New Breed Logistics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay decent, fellow teammates feel your pain, not an overwhelming amount of work

Cons

The company and team spirit are extremely poor. Management supervision is in micromanagement level, mafia style - only interested in getting you for any and all missteps. The company overall performs poorly from start to finish, in terms of employee management. Forget the usual of waiting for weeks on end to hear back from HR, once you get the inkling you may have been picked as top candidate. I had to submit and resubmit my documents five (5) times, with four different people working on it, before they got it right. HR had me overnight my acceptance letter, only to reject receipt of it and sending it back to me, all at a cost of $90 to my expense, only to tell me I can just bring it with me on my 1st day. Didn't stop there. I was told I was hired, only to be told a week later, once I quit my other job, that they haven't completed my background investigation and would need to call my former employers. There was huge favoritism at work, I was heavily penalized, on daily basis, by being the one to speak up and bring it to management's attention (of favorite employee acting out to everyone else's detriment on the team) - after being advised to do so by upper HR management (as I came to them first, to seek help and was denied) - and was finally retaliated against and forced to leave, with the upper management, literally saying: "Good Riddance"to my back - as I was walking away with a box of belongings in my hands, facing the door. In a work/life approach, this place is so not worth your while. Run. Find some meaning, sense of belonging and satisfaction from appreciation elsewhere. Work wise, management forces you to come in in all sorts of wee hours of the early morning, with 6, 5, 4 in the morning not out of reach on random days of the week. Fake and superficial team-building and opportunity to berate and bring you down at every turn - "Shoot you first, ask questions later while kicking you down some more" approach of a policy.

Highly recommend letting go of the old guard and brining someone in with a sense of understanding of how different personalities play out in the work place, and play to people's strengths, not go after their weaknesses.

Don't take the risk, unless you don't have a job at all. Never leave your current job for them.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate

I worked at New Breed Logistics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are no pros.

Cons

Lowest level of pay for a warehouse position
    Forklift drivers don't get more pay but they are more at risk of losing their job. They view you as a dime a dozen. Upper management thrives on petty games & loves people who are willing to get someone else fired. No matter how hard you work or how much you know, you'll never get a better raise. They don't promote from within. No growing in this company at all. Everyone hates their job. Bad environment, very back stabbing. People do not act like adults, not even management. By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Most reviews are negative but these reviews are by far dead on. They call it New Breed jail for a reason. They try to take all personal rights for you. The create rules as they go. Don't waste your time or energy.

Stop being so slimmy.

Time to move on

I have been working at New Breed Logistics

Pros

gained a ton of experience in the 3PL field

Cons

Hourly have more rights than the Supervisors

Worst culture I have ever seen.

I worked at New Breed Logistics

Pros

There are some good people at the manager level & down. That is about the only positive thing you can say about the company as a whole.

Cons

The senior management team is extremely brash & confrontational on every topic. They do not listen to their people. They literally verbally abuse people to try & get results. Very hostile.

Listen to your people & stop trying to beat results out of them.

warehouse supervisor

I have been working at New Breed Logistics (less than an year)

Pros

good pay for supervisors and above

Cons

long hours no respect for employees

ok

I have been working at New Breed Logistics

Pros

time off policies is ok

Cons

work-life balance is ok o deal with

I learned how to multi-task and learn how to work in a fast-placed but stable environment.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in High Point, NC

I worked at New Breed Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoy having flexible work hours and the company also allowed you to attend school if you had daytime classes. Great benefits!

Cons

It was very hard to cross-train in different departments because each job description was detailed. You were, however, acknowledged for job performance, but knowledge of other department functions and requirements were kept to a minimum.

Discuss jog opportunities and advancements with current employees.