New England Insights

The right fit for me

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Natick, MA

I have been working at New England Insights full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office Happy Hour, Awesome travel opportunities, Fun contests and bonus’s, team environment, great training & coaching, AND A REAL OPPORTUNITY TO ADVANCE WITHIN THE COMPANY.

Cons

None in my opinion, what I hear people complain about most is stuff like, “its hard work” or “you really have to be committed if you want to move up in a management role” And I agree with that, IT DOES TAKE HARD WORK AND COMITTMENT TO MAK THIS A CAREER, Isn’t that true just about anywhere though? I think sometimes because the company structure is fast passed, and someone can get promoted quickly people start to think it’s a, “get rich quick scheme” when it certainly it not it takes time and effort.

Here are the questions I get asked a lot by new or potential employees.

Q: How is it working based on a performance based compensation plan?
    A: I really enjoy it, I had never had a performance based position before and I will admit I was a little nervous at first, but in my honest opinion it’s awesome I EARNED $45,000 my first year with the company, and the company also puts some really cool training incentives and bonus’s for new reps to help out in the first couple months as I was still learning the ropes.

Q: how fast can someone move up in to a management role?
    A: The advancement is based performance (not just sales performance) OVERALL PERFORMANCE. So it depends a little but from what I've seen so far as long as someone doesn't screw up the easy stuff and is really trying to be a great at what they do and move up, about 9 months to a year is realistic.

Q: I've never done sales and don’t know if I’ll have the personality for it, do I have to be really pushy?
    A: I had never done sales before I started with Adaptable, they provide really good and simple training that allows someone with good communication skills to pick up quickly. If you are really introverted and are not great with communication it might be a struggle (although I've seen some people really develop their communication skills and get good if they are willing to really put forth the effort) from what I've seen having a background in industry’s that deal with a lot of personal interactions like retail, serving, customer service, and bar-tending tends to be really good transferable skills for this position. As far is being pushy, the company’s style of selling is much more relationship building and creating a win for both customer and client. It’s NOT slimy, deceitful, overly aggressive sales but then again you do have to be a little persistent sometimes and deal with some rejection come on now its sales!

It's OK

I worked at New England Insights

Pros

Great People to work with!

Cons

Can't find anything wrong with this company..

Keep doing what you are doing!

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Natick, MA

I worked at New England Insights full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people in the office are really great, enthusiastic, and friendly to newcomers. They have a great training program.

Cons

I thought they were misleading about what the job actually would be like. They called what they do "direct selling" and are required to dress business professional, but they don't tell you they are door-to-door salespeople who go out in khaki pants and Verizon polos. Compensation is rough-- mostly just commission and a really low draw ($350), which you won't get if you make over that.

The interview process needs to be more straight-forward about the nature of compensation, and what the job "Account Manager" actually means.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very happy at work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I have been working at New England Insights full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

After working with New England Insights for a few years I am very happy with being a part of this company. The training is great and I feel like I have really been able to contribute to the growth and success of this business. I find my job rewarding and I am happy with the advancement options available. The office culture is great and it is good to actually enjoy coming to work each day, and genuinely wanted to see other people do well here. No drama, no BS, just a supportive team.

As far as perks go

Cons

It can take a little while to build up some momentum as far as promotions go. I don't know if that is really a "con" but I know it can be a challenge. All the positions, in each department, have advancement opportunity- but it is earned, not given out. When I started I had to learn how to see the big picture, but I suppose that's how it is at most jobs when you get started.

I love the high standards- it helps me challenge myself and keeps me accountable for my work! Thank you for helping me out when I needed it to reach my goals.

Great Company- Challenging Work

I worked at New England Insights full-time

Pros

They are flexible & have a great open door policy. Decent pay for an entry level job, good benefits through Blue Cross. There is room for growth within the company.

Cons

As with any job that hires entry level, there is competition for promotions. Everyone is friendly and team oriented but the highest performers realistically have the best chance at promotions.

N/A

Good Experience with New England Insights

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Natick, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I have been working at New England Insights full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with and some great job perks. I love the travel opportunity, the client frequently provides nice catered lunches and networking at conferences is great. I've really had a very good experience working here and I hope to stay for many years to come.

Cons

Haven't encountered any so far. They are pretty easy to work with whenever there is a problem or you need help.

I like the way you guys run the office- everyone seems to respect your leadership

Not What I Expected

Former Employee - ENTRY  in  Natick, MA
    Former Employee - ENTRY in Natick, MA

I worked at New England Insights full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff is very nice and teach you very valuable sales tools. I met great people and learned things I can use in the future.
    Management and leaders are all really nice and open. If theres any problems you can tell them and they will help you. I really hope they succeed someday.

Cons

First of all, the company changes its name sometimes. Look up Intrinsic Consulting because thats what they're really called.The other 3 reviews are really fake, just so you know. They're clearly written by someone trying to make the office look good.
    The "management training program" is just door to door sales. The hours are long and the pay is commission only. You will not get reimbursed for travel expenses. A typical day means going in around 11, doing paper work and then having some meetings. For some reason you have to dress up for this (Yes, that means suit and tie) and then someone will spout some inspirational stuff at you. Theres usually a game (which is usually fun). Then you leave around 2, change out of your nice clothes (and yes they will get wrinkled in the back of your car) and then drive about an hour to some small town and do door to door sales. You go back to the office later, head home around 9:30pm. Also this is 6 days a week. Almost every entry level quits. That's probably because in the interview they tell you you will be following residential leads and its so easy to get promoted, etc. The only way to get promoted is to get more entry levels. It's like a pyramid scheme but instead of wasting your money you are wasting your time (and money, in the sense that your expenses will not get reimbursed).

The suits, the long hours and meetings in the morning, going back at night is all a waste of time, like pretending to work in a real job or something. The money making part of the day is only about 1/3 of the day. Why is it better to have more people start and then quit then to actually be honest in the interview and only have quality people start?
    However, management is really nice and cool.

Really liked working here

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Natick, MA

I worked at New England Insights full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training was good. I didn't have much experience when I started and they taught me everything I needed to know. It was a fun place to work- a lot of team building

Cons

No work from home option. For me personally that was a drawback because I had elderly parents to care for- eventually I had to leave the job because of it.

Keep the open door policy- I liked it because I was able to have a good relationship with senior management so I was comfortable talking with them to get advice

Worked for New England Insights? Contribute to the Community!