New Flyer

Add Photos

Paul Soubry Jr.

Assembly tech, manufacturing

Assembler (Current Employee) Saint Cloud, MN

ProsPromote from within, great healthcare and benefits. 401k, good pay for what is expected out of employees. Training programs are very helpful for little to no experience new hires.

ConsMiddle management has no training to learn to deal with large employee base, or people skills, they are bosses not leaders. Upper management is very good, and address issues when they are informed of issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart inter grading middle management into the same lean training programs that upper management does, to learn to be leaders and the value of employees

Good employees, Management the worst

Assembler (Former Employee) Crookston, MN

ProsThey have a diecent starting wage, an ok bennifit package. Unionized so you have some but not much protection for automatic firings

ConsThey say that they are a "family" company. but you spend more time at the factory than with your family. alot of times we left the house at 6 am and didnt return til after 6 pm. aside from lower management, it was mid-management on up felt you were viewed as 5 year olds or slaves that should be spat on, absolutely no respect was given by themthey have an employee handbook that makes it VERY easy for you to get fired. you work in unclimate controlled environment durring summer and you end up working on busses that were just brought in from sub 0 degree weather. and since I left the company, they have implimented many policies that basically strangles production durring the shifts.

Advice to Senior Managementthis may get edited or removed but your middle level floor management in crookston is the worst I have ever seen. your HR director is very incompitent and definitely not a people person.

Great organization with room to grow

Manager (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsIndustry is currently booming, Huge market share, likeable people, good hours, good pay and benefits

ConsBusiness systems are outdated, Lots of new management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good people and let them do their thing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No balance

Supervisor (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsGood benefit package and the management is working to improve the culture.

ConsNo work life balance, way too many e-mails & meetings, and no employer loyalty!
    A common saying around the plant is "we're still spitting out buses and people daily"!

Advice to Senior Managementthe work life balance and "culture" needs massive improvements - this is a mean place to work!

Good company to learn

Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsA lot of project and work to learn. Great mechanical team.

ConsLayoff, union, may need to check the company status before apply

Advice to Senior ManagementGood planning

Fast paced union environment

Supervisor (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsCEO is great
    Lots of overtime if you want it.
    Travel to the USA sometimes

ConsWorking overtime every weekend
    Union workers
    Too much workload in an 8 hour day

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to yor supervisor and spend a day in there shoes

Bureaucratic, good people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Prosgood people
    challenging work areas
    good CEO

Conspeople on the floor are pushed very hard
    floor shop are managed by politics
    promotions are very hard to come

Advice to Senior ManagementGet capable senior management

Why this place sucks to work at.

Prefer Not to Say. (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsGood place for an engineer to learn about automotive systems.

ConsThe stupidest thing about New Flyer is that they make salaried employees punch a clock and harass you if you are late. The second stupidest thing related to the first thing is that the work hours are 7 am to 3:30 pm. So if you punch in at 7:03 am you are considered late. Call me high maintenance or stuck up but telling salaried staff they are 3 minutes late is stupid. Also add to the fact that they didn't pay out overtime. So in summary, as a salaried employee at New Flyer Industries you punch clock, your insubordinate if you come in late, don't get paid overtime, and the wages were crap. Add to the fact that your in Winnipeg Canada and what New Flyer attracts is people who really need a job afraid to take risks and afraid to be creative who keep their jobs if they stay inside the box. I thank them that they did employ me, but I wasn't happy there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of your punching time clock/late policy for salaried staff.

Worked for New Flyer? Contribute to the Community!