New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Updated September 20, 2014
Updated September 20, 2014
2.8

Earle W. Pratt

Pros
  • It is a great place to make business contacts and refine your skills on various computer programs (in 5 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn and grow to use here or elsewhere (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, their is no support for the sales team because everything is no segregated and separated to corporate (in 4 reviews)

• The account executives are given little or no training and must know what to ask for and who to ask in order to service a client (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A learning experience

Former Employee - Trainer  in  Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Trainer in Westerville, OH

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Able to take certification for free as long as it is a class they want to sell.

Cons

All incentives are for the sales force. All other employees are replaceable.

Great company that provide exceptional education and real job placement assistance!

Current Employee - Education Consultant  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Education Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

We have the best education programs and dedicated full-time job placement assistance for those students who need it! We poll our business customers a lot to find out what classes and technology that want us to teach and whether they want instructor led training in the classroom or online. Those results give us a balance of both and it provides the right flexibility

Cons

None really except that we can only call within our geographic territory.

Keep up the great work. They work really hard to ensure students and employees are happy as well as successful!

DIsappointing

Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer  in  Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer in Dayton, OH

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time for less than a year

Pros

Loved the work, hated the ridiculous politics and unprofessionalism.

Cons

Needing duct tape and bubble gum to keep the equipment working is not conducive to a good teaching experience.

Stop being so cheap.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Applications Trainer

Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer in Irving, TX

Pros

Having a teaching or facilitator background helps. The employees that were there were very friendly and helpful. This would be a good entry level job.

Cons

There is no work life balance so it would be a challenge for someone who may have small children. The training was not the best but I did have a good coach. You have to come in at least having a general idea of some of these applications.

Please consider revamping how you train your new employees for being a trainer. Sitting a class(online) and hearing how the instructor teaches is not beneficial. Being able to actually watch the instructor navigate from screen to screen would help a lot. Also, be able to allow a new instructor to sit with someone that has years and years of experience not someone who has been there for months and is still in the learning phase.

lost in a sea of students

Current Employee - Student  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Student in Austin, TX

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers for less than a year

Pros

They encourage you to get started and offer you assistance for companies that will employ you after you finish.

Cons

But soon there after they forget who you are and what course you were taking only calling you back by mistake or to ask if you want to take another course.

Keep up with your student they are the people who will make you or break you. Do what you say you will do and no less. thank you. I was a student

Run as fast as you can!

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN

Pros

The trainers are very nice.

Cons

What a horrible place to work. Goals are totally unattainable and the stress was unbelievable. I have never worked for a company that treated their employees so terrible. I am so happy that I am no longer there.

If no one makes their goals is it their sales people or are the goals not set correctly? Look at the big picture and support your employees. Market your products to help support your sales staff!

New Owner in Wisconsin in 2014 is great, we are on the right track

Current Employee - Sales Executive  in  Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time

Pros

New ownership and management in 2014 replaced the terrible owner from before. he is doing alot of the right things, morale is good. Actual training that we delver now is very high quality, new president is investing in us and the things we need. Feel good about where we are going

Cons

Will take time to get everything where it needs to be, old equipment, old systems, need to spend more money on marketing, but it is getting there on all fronts.

Keep doing what you're doing, don't forget that your employees are important

Unprofessional

Former Employee - Sales Executive  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Kansas City, MO

Pros

I can not see any pros at all

Cons

Owner sent me an email 4 weeks ago to meet with some staff but never followedup even with 10+ phone calls, 15+ emails and even a few texts to the personal cell. NEVER experienced anything like this before.
    Who states you are going to a meeting to be hired then never responds? What is this, Kindergarten? Shows ZERO Respect for employees in my opinion plus lower than average pay.

Fulfill overt promises

Awful Company to work for/with - Northeast

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time

Pros

I guess something should be said that they are still open.

Cons

Terrible leadership.
    COO has no clue
    CFO has even less of a clue
    Very little insight on how to get profitable
    Tons of infighting
    Run company like it is still 1990

Fire COO/CFO
    Get in new updated equipment - after all you are a technology company

Good place to refine training skills but hours can be rough.

Former Employee - Technical Trainer  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Trainer in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Energetic and fun workplace with great colleagues. Great place to hone training skills.

Cons

Low pay and high demands make this a challenging job. Often little time and support was offered to prepare new instructors for time in the classroom often leading to instructors being under prepared. Those who showed initiative to learn and prepare independently were successful, though.

Focus on employee development and help instructors who are often inexperienced in the business world make connections between software use and real world business scenarios.

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Photos

New Horizons
Individual room signage
NHC QBR (Bhurban-Offsite Banquet)

+ Add Photo

Worked for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers? Contribute to the Community!