New Horizons Computer Learning Centers

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
2.9

Earle W. Pratt

Pros
  • Great place to hone training skills (in 5 reviews)

• Opportunity to learn and grow to use here or elsewhere (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Also, their is no support for the sales team because everything is no segregated and separated to corporate (in 4 reviews)

• The account executives are given little or no training and must know what to ask for and who to ask in order to service a client (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A learning experience

Former Employee - Trainer in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Trainer in Westerville, OH

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Able to take certification for free as long as it is a class they want to sell.

Cons

All incentives are for the sales force. All other employees are replaceable.

Accounting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time

Pros

Very flexible management. Employees can come and go as they please. Work-life balance is great.

Cons

No good benefits, rarely any promotions, minimal vacation days, zero sick days per year..this is the north - people get sick and its freezing.

Change everything.

New hire to sign up facilities.

Former Employee - Sales in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time

Pros

Great people, Intensive training, nice work environment.

Cons

Not enough work. Not all training applicable.

More focus on employees

Excellent Management with correct priorities

Current Employee - Educational Consultant in Gainesville, FL
    Current Employee - Educational Consultant in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exceptionally good servant led management style.
    A focus on changing people's lives for the better.
    Genuine interest in building a successful team where every member contributes.
    Caring employers.

Cons

It's a tough job. Sales is hard work and the turnover is high.

Keep to the current course you have an excellent culture.

Great company that provide exceptional education and real job placement assistance!

Current Employee - Education Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Education Consultant in Orlando, FL

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

We have the best education programs and dedicated full-time job placement assistance for those students who need it! We poll our business customers a lot to find out what classes and technology that want us to teach and whether they want instructor led training in the classroom or online. Those results give us a balance of both and it provides the right flexibility

Cons

None really except that we can only call within our geographic territory.

Keep up the great work. They work really hard to ensure students and employees are happy as well as successful!

DIsappointing

Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer in Dayton, OH

I worked at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Loved the work, hated the ridiculous politics and unprofessionalism.

Cons

Needing duct tape and bubble gum to keep the equipment working is not conducive to a good teaching experience.

Stop being so cheap.

Applications Trainer

Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Microsoft Applications Trainer in Irving, TX

Pros

Having a teaching or facilitator background helps. The employees that were there were very friendly and helpful. This would be a good entry level job.

Cons

There is no work life balance so it would be a challenge for someone who may have small children. The training was not the best but I did have a good coach. You have to come in at least having a general idea of some of these applications.

Please consider revamping how you train your new employees for being a trainer. Sitting a class(online) and hearing how the instructor teaches is not beneficial. Being able to actually watch the instructor navigate from screen to screen would help a lot. Also, be able to allow a new instructor to sit with someone that has years and years of experience not someone who has been there for months and is still in the learning phase.

lost in a sea of students

Current Employee - Student in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Student in Austin, TX

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers (less than an year)

Pros

They encourage you to get started and offer you assistance for companies that will employ you after you finish.

Cons

But soon there after they forget who you are and what course you were taking only calling you back by mistake or to ask if you want to take another course.

Keep up with your student they are the people who will make you or break you. Do what you say you will do and no less. thank you. I was a student

Run as fast as you can!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN

Pros

The trainers are very nice.

Cons

What a horrible place to work. Goals are totally unattainable and the stress was unbelievable. I have never worked for a company that treated their employees so terrible. I am so happy that I am no longer there.

If no one makes their goals is it their sales people or are the goals not set correctly? Look at the big picture and support your employees. Market your products to help support your sales staff!

New Owner in Wisconsin in 2014 is great, we are on the right track

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Waukesha, WI

I have been working at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers full-time

Pros

New ownership and management in 2014 replaced the terrible owner from before. he is doing alot of the right things, morale is good. Actual training that we delver now is very high quality, new president is investing in us and the things we need. Feel good about where we are going

Cons

Will take time to get everything where it needs to be, old equipment, old systems, need to spend more money on marketing, but it is getting there on all fronts.

Keep doing what you're doing, don't forget that your employees are important

New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Photos

New Horizons
Individual room signage
NHC QBR (Bhurban-Offsite Banquet)

+ Add Photo