New Perspective Senior Living

Todd Novaczyk

Great Place to work

ProsGreat People, enjoyable work environment

ConsNone that I know of

Horrible company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe residents and coworkers were wonderful to work with.

ConsThe mission statement is to put the resident first. Well the management does not follow through with this only the staff does. Also, in the handbook it says that if you get one write up you will be terminated after the next write up. Also, when you ask to see the grievances they do not show you them. I would not want my worse enemy to work there. This place is a bad place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff more. Offer more reasonable expectations. Be more reasonable with the staff that do work for you and learn to appreciate them more.

I truly enjoyed my job and the opportunities to contribute my skills and talents.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking with the residents was truly rewarding

ConsSalary did not feel as rewarding as the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementClear communication.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management is awful and does not care about their caregivers!

Caregiver (Former Employee) Waconia, MN

ProsThe caregivers and residents are wonderful and willing to help each other out at any given moment.

ConsThe Mission Statement "Put the Residents first in everything you do" only applies to the caregivers. Management does not care about the Residents and only cares about occupancy. They do not care if staff is properly trained in medical procedures (feeding tubes catheters, etc), they do not care about the safety and necessities that the Residents deserve and they do not care if caregivers work too many hours and are stressed out and burning out. I voiced my opinion on a few occasions that Residents have to wait for basic cares, Residents were being neglected because caregivers have no time to sit and listen and care for them anymore, Residents have falls and caregivers have to wait for other caregivers to help assist and get them the medical and physical attention they need, caregivers work too many hours, no one is being hired, etc, etc, but nothing was being done and things only got worse. The day after I put in my 30 day notice (I was nice enough to give them enough time to find a replacement and finish out all the extra shifts I had taken on), we were short staffed once again, I once again voiced how stressful the night was going to be and that the Residents are no longer first, I was then called to the ED's office and told it was safer for the Residents and myself to leave immediately since my stress level was so high. That left my co-workers and shift even shorter! ED walked me down to gather my belongings and that was that. Very disappointed in management and very irresponsible. LEC's even voiced their opinion to management that they would not want their mother or father living at the Lighthouse! Neither would I.....

Advice to Senior ManagementCare and listen to your caregivers concerns!

Nice Company to work for, but employees are under appreciated

Activities Assistant (Former Employee) Silvis, IL

ProsThe company really does care about their residents and their families, if they pay well or are rich enough to pay the rent that they raise each year.

ConsInsurance is only availible on one day once a year and is extremely expensive,
    most of the HR people are rude to employees and don't understand how hard, tiring, and emotionally draining a job working with confussed, combative, depressed, and angry elderly people really is, and they also don't pay well and yearly raises are more of a joke than an actual raise. I was told it was inapropriate for me to go to one of my resident's funerals because I worked for her and didn't fully understand the loss, even thou the family had asked me to come!

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a day in the memory care unit with none of your regular or daily employees there to help you do the job, maybe then you will understand how hard and draining the job really is, and then maybe you will give better raises or incentives to your employees.

Terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Waconia, MN

ProsThe residents are wonderful and the only pro to working for this organization.

ConsVery negative and unprofessional inviroment. Revolving door.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a living wage!

Worked for New Perspective Senior Living? Contribute to the Community!