New Western

4.2

Andrew Welker

Frat Like Atmosphere -- Can Learn A Lot

I have been working at New Western

Pros

New Western is definitely a fun place to work, the typical office is full of young guys that are close friends. With a 100% commission job you are allowed to make your own hours and determine your pay. You have a lot of flexibility with your hours, and can take time off whenever you want. You have to be a hard worker and be able to pick up on a lot of information fast, but you learn a TON about the industry. A couple people in each office are making six figures, and there is always the possibility of selling a couple big deals and making some quick cash. They try and make it a real "wolf of wall street" environment. They have a very aggressive business plan, and since they pay straight commission there is very little overhead and are constantly opening new offices. Have fun happy hours and company outings.

Cons

It is tough to make much money with this job. The top earners in the sales department won't make anywhere near the "$100k +" that they advertise. The commission cut is very weak, with the company taking a huge amount. There is a HUGE amount of turnover, as new sales agents come and go very often. Starting out can be difficult, and few people make much money the first couple months. You will need to have some money saved up to start. There are also no benefits. The company doesn't have the best reputation with people familiar in the industry, so that can be a tough hurdle to overcome with the serious knowledgable buyers out there. There are some tenured people in all of the offices, and they are the ones who make all of the money. There are people in each office who make six figures, but they have all been with the company for a while or were handed great leads. With it being 100% commission there is a lot of competition within the office to make sales, and the senior associates work together because they are friends, so it can be tough to break in.

Pay new sales associates better... Provide more intensive training to help new employees get there feet off the ground.

Lots of work with little pay, but you learn a lot

Former Employee - Acquisition Agent in Bedford, TX
    Former Employee - Acquisition Agent in Bedford, TX

I worked at New Western

Pros

Lots of transactions create a lot of learning opportunities
    Great people and fun environment
    Easy to create own work schedule

Cons

The pay is really low for what they are asking the employees to do
    The management constantly changes things
    For a straight commission job there are too many requirements

The pay is really low for what they are asking the employees to do
    The management constantly changes things
    For a straight commission job there are too many requirements

If you have money in the bank to live off for a year... try it

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at New Western

Pros

young atmosphere, laid back, nice office

Cons

poor training... need a draw program, tired of putting up yellow signs, no reimbursements, poor ethics, overall i wouldnt invest or work there

train better

It was a good company

Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Real Estate Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at New Western

Pros

The hours gave me valuable time to have a good work-life balance. Also, I thought the company culture was engaging and collaborative.

Cons

The salary could have been better and sometimes it was confusing on what exactly the promotion direction would be. Also, it is tough to get on your feet and be successful at the beginning

I would work on giving agents a base salary at the beginning so they can get on their feet and understand the business.

Great place to learn but no real long term career opportunity

Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior ACQUISITION AGENT in Dallas, TX

I have been working at New Western

Pros

You will learn how to sell and learn a lot about investing in real estate. There is a lot of turnover so you meet a ton of new people and you can move up quickly! The whole company gathers at the end of each quarter to listen to senior management tell everyone that greatness is on the horizon and that everyone is about to make a ton of money but those promises tend to fall short. Don’t get me wrong, there are some top performers that might make a few bucks but most of the employees are just under the impression that they are making decent money. If you stay focused on the learning aspect and pay little attention to all of the Hooplah you will be fine. Please don’t go spend your first few paychecks on a nice watch no matter how much pressure there is to do so.

Cons

I was with the company for years and was considered a senior associate/ top producer. The compensation is minimal (nowhere close to $250,000 as stated below) even for a senior associate. You can expect to make $15,000 - $25,000 while in sales and $30,000 - $70,000 in acquisitions depending on the branch and your talent level (very few have earned more). You will be responsible for all marketing and lead generation. 99% of your marketing will be putting bandit signs on the side of the road and taking phone calls. The bandit signs are illegal but the company will pay for your tickets ( most of the time). Be prepared to use a substantial amount of gasoline and put thousands of extra miles on your vehicle with no reimbursement from the company.

This website is for current and former employees to submitt an honest review of your company, so that job seekers can get an accurate picture of what they should expect. Please respect the integrity of the site by not posting anymore reviews from current senior mangement.

This is the company I decided to dig into as a career. Very satisfied.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at New Western full-time (less than a year)

Pros

New Western Acquisitions will teach you everything you need to know to be successful doing Real Estate. The office culture is friendly and everybody is competitive in a healthy way. It will be exciting to grow with this company over the years.

Cons

There are many markets this company still needs to expand into.

Keep up the good work.

Getting Paid To Do What You Love

Current Employee - Acquisitions in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisitions in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Really have liked my experience at New Western. Being an investor myself its really cool being able to work around and learn about investment Real Estate. The greatest thing is that you are learning in the REAL WORLD which you can not put a price on. This is not a dusty book from half price books now, you are interacting and learning with the best investors in your city. If you come in and work hard you will make serious money. I have made far greater than I expected to make and feel like the trend will continue.

Cons

No benefits. Besides that no real cons come to mind.

Working for New Western has exceeded my expectations

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at New Western full-time (less than a year)

Pros

New Western is an exciting place to work. The compensation plan is great, and what I especially appreciate is that the more I'm willing to put in to it the more I get out of it, and that goes for the learning experience as well. Serious earning and learning potential. The amount I've learned in the six weeks since starting here blows my mind, as does the compensation I've earned. New Western is professional yet fun. These guys are the real deal and passionate about promoting the success of those around them.

Cons

The main challenge I've encountered working here has been getting started. Stepping in to a new role that's commission based, it takes time to develop an income stream. If you learn slow you will earn slow, what's great is this encourages one to learn fast so they can start earning.

Profitable, Lucrative, Action Packed and one hell of an experience.

Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Acquisitions Agent in San Antonio, TX

I worked at New Western full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you hustle, you can advance quickly. If you listen, you can learn quickly. If you can sell, you can earn quickly. Immediate opportunity for advancement and the sky truly is the limit. Unlimited support from senior members, and cutting edge technology that will make your efforts go further. Young atmosphere with the I can do anything mentality.

Cons

Rapidly changing industry with lots of changes. This isn't necessarily a New Western downside but just real estate related trend. This job is not for the faint of heart and if you like sitting at a desk until 4:59pm then go look somewhere else.

Keep up the good work!

Sky's the Limit! Great work environment with a "practice what you preach" attitude.

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Simply put, this opportunity has been a blessing. This job has allowed me to gain the knowledge i need to set my future up through real estate investments. I can analyze a deal with the best of them! I have been able to put all of my business skills to test while working with some high caliber co-workers. The office i work in has taken the word "Integrity" to a new level. Doing what you say your going to do has been the key to my success. I know it sounds simple, but its true. The accountability is much higher than most traditional real estate offices.

Cons

This is NOT a desk job! I have seen other associates come and go, but rightfully so. If you don't have any self discipline or structure in your life, you will get lost in the whirlwind. It takes a skilled individual to balance their work and personal life. 100% commission is not for everyone. However, it suits me best.

Thank you upper management for always being available and not sitting on your heels. Being innovative and cutting edge has pushed us to the front of the industry.

New Western Photos