New Western

www.newwestern.com

New Western Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Andrew Welker

Sky's the Limit! Great work environment with a "practice what you preach" attitude.

Acquisition Agent (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsSimply put, this opportunity has been a blessing. This job has allowed me to gain the knowledge i need to set my future up through real estate investments. I can analyze a deal with the best of them! I have been able to put all of my business skills to test while working with some high caliber co-workers. The office i work in has taken the word "Integrity" to a new level. Doing what you say your going to do has been the key to my success. I know it sounds simple, but its true. The accountability is much higher than most traditional real estate offices.

ConsThis is NOT a desk job! I have seen other associates come and go, but rightfully so. If you don't have any self discipline or structure in your life, you will get lost in the whirlwind. It takes a skilled individual to balance their work and personal life. 100% commission is not for everyone. However, it suits me best.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you upper management for always being available and not sitting on your heels. Being innovative and cutting edge has pushed us to the front of the industry.

New Western Acquisitions is by far the best company I have ever worked with

Acquisitions Agent (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFrom the owners all the way down to newly hired sales associates, there is a sense of camaraderie that pushes everyone to achieve their fullest potential. I don't know of any other company where everyone actually enjoys going to work as much as they do at New Western. I have been fortunate enough to work for many great companies over the years, but the culture at New Western is unparalleled.

The GM's and senior associates will train you and give you all the tools necessary to succeed. From there, you can put your own twist on the job to emphasize your strengths and start making money!

ConsThis job is not "easy." You do have to work hard but the amount of money you make directly correlates to how much effort you put forth.

This is a 100% commision job. If that scares you, this job probably isn't for you. (although there is no floor, there is also no ceiling to how much money you can make.)

It takes most new associates a couple months to get accustomed to the process and become comfortable in their new position. If you continue to work hard and absorb what the senior associates teach you, you will be very successful in a few months!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue expansion and keep leading us as we dominate the competition.

Great Opportunity for self motivated individuals interested in getting paid to learn Investment Real Estate

Acquisition Agent (Current Employee) Fort Worth, TX

ProsI have worked at New Western for two years now. I was fortunate enough to get hired in an office that was first starting out. Since I started with New Western 4 new offices have opened. If you are looking for a job with rapid promotion this is a great one. I was promoted from a sales position to an acquisitions position in 6 months time.

There are many different ways to make money, such as selling investment houses, selling loans, listings for investors after rehab, and after becoming an Acquisition Agent, acquiring property.

In the past year I have managed to make well over 6 figures in this job, and this does not include personal investments. It is all up to you and the time you put in.

Another great perk of the job is that you learn the industry quicker than any product or class you can buy out there. In the past year I have rehabbed and flipped 3 houses with great success on all of them.

Overall I would say the best thing about this job is the atmosphere and the hard working self driven guys you are surrounded by. The guys in your office will no doubt become some of your best friends very quickly. Since I have been here we have gone on company trips to Austin, TX, Tahoe, Nevada, New Orleans, Louisiana, AND Saint Thomas. All company trips are 100% paid for and General Managers/ Owners spare no expense.

I never thought out of college I would find a job that I really enjoyed going to work everyday, but I can honestly say that about this job.

Cons100% commission. If you have a really good month you can't take a month off the next month or your two months combined will be average.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet's keep expanding!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great environment for hard working, self motivated employees

Pros- Great work environment where employees thrive on each others success. Competition drives each employee to learn from one another and continue to push themselves. Our offices have a young workforce with a casual atmosphere.
    - A long term, self-sustaining career as we solely promote from within. New Western has opened a total of 6 offices in the last 5 years and there is no stopping in sight. As we grow, the opportunity for advancement does as well.
    - All employees are 100% commission based. The more effort and work you put in, the more you will get paid. An average new sales associate will make $50-60k within the first year, with others surpassing $100K. You dictate your pay.
    - Freedom from the 9-5 grind. Most of our employees end up putting in more than 40 hours a week, but they largely make there own schedule and spend much of the time out of the office.
    - The learning curve is fast, but vigorous training is provided by management and you will learn a tremendous amount of real estate knowledge in a very short period of time. We want all of our employees to be able to knowledgeably present an investment opportunity to our clients and feel confident when doing so.

Cons- Some people see the 100% commission as a downside. This job is not for everyone. If you are not willing to push yourself and take responsibility for your own career path, you will probably not succeed in a commission only based environment.
    - Yes you will drive a lot. If you have a truck, trade it in or move closer to the office.

Advice to Senior Management- Continue on the same path we are currently on.

You're going to learn a lot and earn a lot if you put in the time

Acquisitions Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAbout me: I have worked at New Western for 3 and ½ years. I’m a top producer in the company. I’m also in the top 1% of Houston Realtors (as several associates have been in this office). I achieved this in 2 ½ years. I have been with this company long enough to see it grow and mature into a very respectable and dominate leader in the residential investment industry.

-The office environment is very unique. An office generally consists of 10-20 young guys in a casual atmosphere. It is very likely to become good friends with colleagues.

-Entry level associates will sell residential investment properties to clients. The company no longer puts out “bandit signs” in order to generate client leads. Instead, an associate is expected to go to networking events, make cold calls, and will also be given MANY warm leads to generate clientele. It can be a fast paced and competitive environment. You will not have many predictable days once you get out of training.

-The training at the firm has also greatly improved. There will be sit down instruction with senior associates training you on everything from contracts, financing, organization, and of course selling. This generally lasts a few weeks once you start. The company still firmly believes in “learning on the job”. A great way to learn at this company is to ask lots of questions and I have never encountered an associate that is not willing to help or give a little of their time. I came into New Western with NO knowledge of the industry and I now believe myself to be a competent professional.

-The compensation at the company is 100% commission. I consider this a pro. I hate the idea of knowing what I’ll make every year. You’ll probably hear this from others at the company, but yes it is possible to make 100K in your first year and yes others have done it and yes this is possible at any of the New Western offices. However an associate that achieves this would be considered exceptional. A decent associate can now expect to make 50K+ in a full year. But you will earn what you put into it. It’s that simple.

Cons-100% commission can be considered a con for many people. This job is simply not a good fit if you do not want to take responsibility for how much you make.

-You will drive a lot. You can expect to put about 10-15K miles on your car per year. I personally don’t like sitting at a desk all day so I actually enjoy getting out and looking at houses. But I’m sure some prefer a 9-5 desk job.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing fast

Great place to learn but no real long term career opportunity

Senior ACQUISITION AGENT (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsYou will learn how to sell and learn a lot about investing in real estate. There is a lot of turnover so you meet a ton of new people and you can move up quickly! The whole company gathers at the end of each quarter to listen to senior management tell everyone that greatness is on the horizon and that everyone is about to make a ton of money but those promises tend to fall short. Don’t get me wrong, there are some top performers that might make a few bucks but most of the employees are just under the impression that they are making decent money. If you stay focused on the learning aspect and pay little attention to all of the Hooplah you will be fine. Please don’t go spend your first few paychecks on a nice watch no matter how much pressure there is to do so.

ConsI was with the company for years and was considered a senior associate/ top producer. The compensation is minimal (nowhere close to $250,000 as stated below) even for a senior associate. You can expect to make $15,000 - $25,000 while in sales and $30,000 - $70,000 in acquisitions depending on the branch and your talent level (very few have earned more). You will be responsible for all marketing and lead generation. 99% of your marketing will be putting bandit signs on the side of the road and taking phone calls. The bandit signs are illegal but the company will pay for your tickets ( most of the time). Be prepared to use a substantial amount of gasoline and put thousands of extra miles on your vehicle with no reimbursement from the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis website is for current and former employees to submitt an honest review of your company, so that job seekers can get an accurate picture of what they should expect. Please respect the integrity of the site by not posting anymore reviews from current senior mangement.

i love my job!

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Bedford, TX

Prosgreat pay for producers.
    fraternity like brotherhood between employees.
    growing company=opportunity for fast promotion.
    getting paid for learning investment knowledge that others pay a lot of money for.
    Awesome quarterly meetings!

it's not an easy job, it's challenging and demanding but very rewarding. i have worked with other real estate brokerages, residential and investment, and New West has surpassed any and all expectations i might have had. The training is there if you want it, both formal and informal. I know that i am an open book to any employee that has a question. the office atmosphere is unbeatable. i can honestly say that the guys i work with have become lifelong best friends of mine.

Consgetting started is scary and defiantly not easy. long hours in the beginning. bringing lunch everyday and figuring out that i had to get an unlimited plan on my cell phone were some changes i made to make life a little easier at first. i think that's true with any sales job, especially real estate. there is a lot to learn really fast and it's clear that the faster you learn, the faster you can start getting paid. That's a lot of pressure for some people.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep being innovative. i think it's one of the main reasons we have been successful thus far. keep encouraging senior employees to continue to learn all new developments in the market. as long we never loose sight of those two things, we will continue to flourish.

Lots of work with little pay, but you learn a lot

Acquisition Agent (Former Employee) Bedford, TX

ProsLots of transactions create a lot of learning opportunities
    Great people and fun environment
    Easy to create own work schedule

ConsThe pay is really low for what they are asking the employees to do
    The management constantly changes things
    For a straight commission job there are too many requirements

Advice to Senior ManagementThe pay is really low for what they are asking the employees to do
    The management constantly changes things
    For a straight commission job there are too many requirements

If you have money in the bank to live off for a year... try it

Sales (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Prosyoung atmosphere, laid back, nice office

Conspoor training... need a draw program, tired of putting up yellow signs, no reimbursements, poor ethics, overall i wouldnt invest or work there

Advice to Senior Managementtrain better

Worked for New Western? Contribute to the Community!