New World Van Lines

David Marx

Mike Marx rocks!

Former Employee - Mike Marx Assistant in Groveport, OH
    Former Employee - Mike Marx Assistant in Groveport, OH

I worked at New World Van Lines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Single crew service is a signature for New World Van Lines. Their customer base can look forward to working with the same team of people, including the driver, from the beginning of their move to the end. This empowers the customer to build trusting relationships with people who will be handling their private and most important commodity......their family!

Cons

There are no cons. Building a relationship with people like Michael Marx in their Ohio location for me, was profound. New World Van Lines is made up of a team of people that includes family members founded by the father, Edward Marx, many years ago. The foundation that was built has served the people of Chicago and through the years has extended from coast to coast.

Continue to grow with the same principals as Edward Marx for the good of families and their future! Mike, I will always remember working together with you for all the days of my life. If there is ever an opening for me to work with you again, all you have to do is call and I will be there pronto!

Family owned. Everyone is an employee. Good moving company, management needs major improvement.

Former Employee - Dispatch in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Dispatch in Chicago, IL

I worked at New World Van Lines full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have a great starting salary & quick interview process. Some co-workers are friendly. Drivers are great to work with.

Cons

It's a very stressful environment to work. A lot of yelling & cursing between some co-workers, management & drivers.

Learn to treat your employees (office workers & drivers) better. My first meeting with the CEO was being yelled at! I listened to other management curse at drivers for questioning their assignments & were told they could quit if they didn't like! My boss would bring in his cocktails with him from his "liquid lunch" with no repercussion or help to address his obvious problem.

Truck Driver and Mover

I worked at New World Van Lines

Pros

Make some money on the road

Cons

Not a lot of home time with family

its ok

Rebuttle to the self loathing of Mike Marxs' review of himself and partnership.

Former Employee - Best Mover in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Best Mover in Chicago, IL

I worked at New World Van Lines full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free travel to see the country.

Cons

Don't expect to have a social or family life

Dear Mike Marx,
    You must be so full of yourself to write that outstanding, thought provoking review. However, to my dismay, I noticed some flaws. One of which is the biggest lie. We all know that the concept of "same crew service" is extremely flawed for various reason. The first and foremost reason is as follows; a straight truck crew loading a shipment on the East cost will not be delivering said shipment on the West coast. The shipment will get handled several times being transfered to a trailer that will undoubtedly be swapped out with several drivers before it gets to its destination. Why lie? The crews even tell the customer that they probably will not be the ones delivering. The lack of communication within New World is astonishing. Circus clowns have a better sense of what's going on. By the time information is passed through the office manager, dispatcher, move coordinator, owners two cents, and back to driver, it's a completely different entity. Keep telling yourself you rock in third person. Hopefully it keeps you feeling good about yourself. Cheers mate.

Going downhill as far as being a good place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at New World Van Lines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Family business moving up steadily. Excellent reputation for Quality service. Most drivers are employees, which is unusual & beneficial. Previously very good relationships with employees.

Cons

New regime in management is creating wide-spread dissatisfaction and an apparent loss of business. The environment has recently become very uncomfortable for long-term and valuable employees. The attitude seems to be that they are expendable.

Take a few steps back. recognize that your greatest strength has always been that the company is a family, and employees a major asset.

New World Van Lines is a very professional moving company with greatly skilled and hard-working employees and managers.

Former Employee - Mover/Helper in Cranbury, NJ
    Former Employee - Mover/Helper in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at New World Van Lines part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to receive overtime and tips. Management was very kind and helpful at all time. If you want to make a lot of money, the opportunity is there.

Cons

The job was pretty tiring. Very long days sometimes.

Keep better watch over employees.

best job and family to work with and for

Current Employee - Driver Mover in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Driver Mover in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at New World Van Lines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

great equip. steady yr round work

Cons

almost no idea what you are doing the following week until friday afternoon.

when drivers are leaving their home office tell them when there coming back aprox. dont let them drive cross country without them knowing what there doing that coming monday !!!!!

New world van lines is growing

Current Employee - Manager in Auburn, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Auburn, MA

I have been working at New World Van Lines full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay, health care, advancement, open door senior management

Cons

Seasonally long hours and sometimes long workdays

Better entry level training

stressful , toxic,

Current Employee - Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at New World Van Lines

Pros

I was able to get my cdl while employed there. gained a lot of experience dealing with different people . Pay was better than most moving companies ten years ago.

Cons

Owners and management over work there drivers and helpers , Pay has not kept up with cost of living , most helpers are not experienced so it stresses drivers. Benefits are a joke, hometime what hometime ,charges for motels, pay checks vary from week to week. the owners are very childish and hateful , i can go on an on you get the picture.

Grow up! Respect your employees . Pick up the percentage ! Train your helpers before they go out on a road trip.