New York Chiropractic College

1. Excellent employer

Current Employee - Associate Professor, Clinical Science in Seneca Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Professor, Clinical Science in Seneca Falls, NY

I have been working at New York Chiropractic College

Pros

I have worked many different jobs in many different careers over the span of my working adult life. At no time have I ever work with a greater group of committed individuals in such a professional atmosphere. We as a group are committed to producing the world's finest chiropractors, and we are given the support and encouragement to be able to bring out the best in each one of us, especially for myself.

Cons

Compared to other types of teaching environments such as traditional colleges and universities, our program runs year round. Also we don't enjoy the benefits of tenure, but I personally believe that's likely a very good thing.

Advice to Management

we often get comments and messages congratulating our efforts through email and the like. However periodically it would be nice to see our upper administration and staff pay periodic visits into individual classrooms. I think it would help demonstrate to the students the connection we as faculty have with our staff and administration.

2. Athletic Center

I have been working at New York Chiropractic College

Pros

Very relaxed, great place to work!

Cons

Hours in the athletic center can be difficult.

3. One of Best Colleges to Work for-- LITERALLY!

Current Employee - Counselor in Seneca Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Counselor in Seneca Falls, NY

I have been working at New York Chiropractic College full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

there's a reason why NYCC has been on the list for "The Best Colleges to Work For" for several years in a row!
    Administration is very supportive, Finger Lakes WINE COUNTRY!!!,dirt cheap low living costs, campus is large, facilities, great retirement benefits, great health benefits (free acupuncture & chiropractic care for you & your immediate family!)

Cons

the DC clinic system needs to figure out ways for the student not to sit in the "dungeon" unproductively when they should be busting their behinds to get some clinic experience.
    Some of the AOM faculty need to be more professional in dealing with other people.

Advice to Management

keep doing what you're doing and don't be hesistant to ask how to improve the school because although we're at the top-- it's always easy to fall behind or off the top by not being open to improvement/changes.
    embrace the new technology & ideas!
    although this is not only for NYCC, we need to keep our tuition in check so it doesn't become ridiculous. all schools are getting out of control with it but it would be great to see NYCC steer clear from that avenue.

5. Very dissatisfied

I have been working at New York Chiropractic College full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best part of the school are the instructors. Most work very hard and really do have the student's best interest in mind.

Cons

The administration is definitely the worst part. They have brought the school down from an "A" to a "C". They are very inexperienced, they hire and promote inexperienced people. They do not have the student's best interest in mind and they do not stand behind the instructors. I believe the clinic is the weakest part of the student experience. The administration at the highest levels there makes it difficult for both faculty and students to succeed.

Advice to Management

Listen to the instructors and let them teach. Stop hiring faculty for one job and then giving them a hard time because you think they should be doing something different. Get out of the way and let the faculty teach. Promote people who actually deserve it instead of using the buddy system. Everyone knows what is going on.

6. Great place to work

I have been working at New York Chiropractic College

Pros

The work atmosphere is very welcoming. From management down, everyone is helpful and courteous. Management is very reasonable when balancing family and work time.

Cons

This is New York, so the weather can be a bit of a distraction. It snows here a lot... Past winter wasn't bad but it can get ugly. Housing near campus can be pricey, but if you dont mind a 20-30 commute, there are more reasonable places.

Advice to Management

My feedback would be to not forget the little guys that get the day to day operations done, without them things would be disastrous.

RSS Feed </> Embed