New York College of Health Professions

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
CEO

Pros
  • Furthermore, the teachers truly care about their students and spend ample time giving them the attention they need to better understand the information (in 3 reviews)

• Staff members that seek out guidance from the senior management receive it and are commended for any achievements (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Some tweaks here and there, but nothing significant enough to mention (in 2 reviews)

• Extremely high turnover for faculty and administration (in 2 reviews)

1. I have been working at New York College of Health Professions for almost two years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

I have been working at New York College of Health Professions full-time

Pros

College that offers so much to learn while at job. Excellent infrastructure and hours are flexible. My colleagues were very helpful as I was a beginner. Love to work here.

Cons

I haven’t found one in two years.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. Awful. Don't work here.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northport, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northport, NY

I worked at New York College of Health Professions (Less than a year)

Pros

I left at 5:00pm every day with little to no pushback from my superiors. Nice coworkers at my level. Nice students and faculty.

Cons

I worked here for a couple of months full-time in a largely undefined position. I was set up in one department, but was never trained. My boss had only been there a month, and he hadn't been trained either. He was let go a few weeks after I started. I was forced to cover basically every department in the college, none of which was part of my job description. This left me with little time to complete my own work. If the administration was nice and acted like they cared about the employees at all, I would be happy to help out. But they are cruel and horrible at their jobs. The turnover here is astronomical. When I was there, the person who had worked there the longest was only there for FOUR YEARS. And he is no longer with the school. Employee turnover at that rate is a huge red flag! This place is a huge mess. Don't work here. Don't give them your time. You will never be thanked and likely have a hugely frustrating experience. I tried to give this place zero stars, but Glassdoor requires you give at least one.

Advice to Management

GET. IT. TOGETHER. Hire outside consultants to tell you how to run the school and actually listen to their advice. This is pathetic and a total disservice to your dedicated students. And if you can't do any of that, at least try to be NICE once in a while. This school won't stay open much longer at the rate you're going.

3. Have Spend Many Happy Years Working For The College

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at New York College of Health Professions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My working experience with the New York College of Health Professions was excellent. The atmosphere and staff of the facility is lively and no shortage of opportunities to develop

Cons

Nothing I can think of at present

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and give more opportunities to youngsters.

5. Admin

Pros

Ar work relationships you build with the other employees

Cons

When you first get hired by a new company you expect to get training as a new employee, well thats not the case here. They fire people without any replacements so at the time you are hired there is no one in your position to show you the correct way to do things. The turnover rate is high.

6. NEW MANAGEMENT

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syosset, NY

Pros

There are no Pros to this place

Cons

The students are not receiving full accommodations for there money, there is constant change, The president LISA PAMINTUAN and the CFO ERROL VIRASWAMI are shady individuals that have no concept on higher education. The students are being tricked to believe things will get better when they will not. Faculty has no real concept of teaching and the COO though new has an agenda and talks about everyone.

Advice to Management

Advice to the Board hire new people and the school will prosper.

7. Great Instructors/Horrible Head administration

Former Employee - Instructor in Syosset, NY
    Former Employee - Instructor in Syosset, NY

I worked at New York College of Health Professions full-time

Pros

There were great instructors when I went to school there.

Cons

Working for them on the other hand was great at first as long as you like running your self thin but don't worry because they will make you run yourself thin. I was forced to work multiple positions at the same time. They would keep old instructors names on rosters just so they could fill classes and lie to the students when they were asked what happened to their instructors. The school caters too much to corporate interests while putting up a facade of being a nonprofit. I have seen the head administration with at least 2 brand new cars in the past 10 years for themselves while some parts of the school are in need of repair.

Advice to Management

The entire head administration should have themselves committed because they don't care about the students or faculty.

8. Instructor

Former Employee - Oriental Medicine Instructor and Clinical Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at New York College of Health Professions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

schedules can be accommodating; you don't have to teach all semesters.

Cons

only 20 hours per week available; no benefits;

Advice to Management

If there was a website named "RevolvingDoor" you would be #1. Who knows how many talented people have been shewed up and spit out

9. The College has remarkable infrastructure and cooperative staff.

Pros

My experience has been phenomenal and barely found anything significant to point out.

Cons

Even though the college is doing extremely well in its all operations, administration should also plan towards its additional growth.

10. “I love working for this college!”

Current Employee - Human Resource Department in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Human Resource Department in New York, NY

I have been working at New York College of Health Professions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a place that appreciates talent, which is one of the best things about this college.

Cons

A few alternations may be required but nothing majorly off-putting

Advice to Management

none!

11. A lot to learn here

Pros

The teachers have everything they need to better them at every step and focus on academic excellence of the students

Cons

The management has very high expectations at times

Advice to Management

While they know what is expected of them, they can be a little too lenient with the students at times

RSS Feed </> Embed