New York Medical College

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

New York Medical College CEO Edward C. Halperin

Edward C. Halperin

Nice, trusting people. Not the greatest campus

Lab Technician (Former Employee)

ProsGood opportunities for those looking to get experience. I did bench research, and the PI of my lab was very nice and understanding. He was a very good teacher, which may speak to the quality of education here. Everyone one I came in contact with was lovely to work with, as well. Good parking. Easy administration to work with.

ConsThe campus isn't great and it feels a little empty. Not sure how great the facilities are in comparison to other science research institutions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter advertising for the school. Maybe look into more college summer internships. I think the website could use some updating as well.

Small, relaxed, and tight-knit community

Research Associate (Former Employee) Valhalla, NY

ProsIt's a small community, and I appreciated the camaraderie, and not having to worry so much about the competitiveness and back-stabbing that can take place at larger academic institutions. The people are great and the environment is chill.

ConsResources can be limited, and tech and equipment and such can be outdated. But again, the right environment can make up for those things.

Great experience with people around me

Professor (Current Employee) Valhalla, NY

ProsWork-friendly environment. People are generally very helpful and would listen. There is certain diversity in faculty, which from the research standpoint can be quite beneficial.

ConsSome core facilities need improvements or updates. Cafeteria is one of the low points.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a serious commitment to research support.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

mixed; good benefits not much else

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Valhalla, NY

Prosbenefits; time off if it can be scheduled, holidays

Conssalary, where you begin you also end;

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees

It was nice having work experience here ................ enjoyed tenure

Research Fellow (Former Employee) Valhalla, NY

ProsRelaxed work culture, religious people, ...................... easygoing

ConsSlow job growth, not many opportunities ................... take care

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate open environment for ambitious employees

OK for a year or two

Administrative (Current Employee) Valhalla, NY

ProsRelaxed hours, some of the people you get to work with are down to earth. If you're looking to attend graduate school it's a great opportunity to work their a year and then attend their graduate school with tuition reimbursement. Good benefits.

ConsPay low- not what you deserve for the work that you're doing. Upper management horrible, take advantage of people below them and HR doesn't do a thing about it. Overall a bit stiff.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with more respect.

Exciting research in numerous areas.... close knit community

Research Technician (Former Employee) Valhalla, NY

Prosgreat place to gain valuable experience for newbies...employees can attend the graduate program for free after 1 year of work. Invaluable!!

Consthe pay is generally lower in academia but if you want to attend graduate school, the trade off is worth it.

stimulating but rather a limited research environment

Research Associate (Current Employee) Valhalla, NY

Prosaffiliated with medical school, many researches are rather translational

Conssmall graduate school with limited research labs and directions

Human Resource Department Worst Nightmare

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Valhalla, NY

ProsFor a college that is going under the overall work environment was just par. The cafe areas had decent somewhat edible food. The nicest staff was food service. The maintenance man staff keeps the building clean and there is a lot of parking.

ConsThe senior managment talked negatively about everyone, even the very nice people. There is a serious issue at this place and its going unaddressed because the college is failing and no one wants to take these positions anyways. Be careful when you turn your back at NYMC because you might get a knife. Numerous attempts were made to discuss unfair treatment with HR or those acting in the position of human resources. Nothing was done to fix the problem. This was probably the worst department to work. Not all departments were this bad from what I hear however.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts a sad day when an employee is not comfortable taking issues to the H.R./Administrator because of favortism among other employees. Treat ALL your employees with respect the same way the maintence man was treated.

Satisfactory experience at NYMC

Research Associate (Former Employee) Valhalla, NY

ProsThe working environment is very good and there is a lot of room for growth within your job profile. All the superiors are open to suggestions and new ideas.

ConsPart time jobs should be given some perks such as meal coupons, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Worked for New York Medical College? Contribute to the Community!