New York Police Department

New York Police Department Reviews in Bronx, NY

3.2

New York Police Department Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly
Raymond W. Kelly

Pros
  • Great job security and benefits (in 7 reviews)

• the police department has great benefits packages (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Mandatory ordered work at any time regardless of your family life and without any advanced notice (in 3 reviews)

• Quotas, micromanagement, low pay, job retaliation (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

I found at the NYPD wonderful people and a great way to test your intelligence to the fullest. I'm proud of it.

Former Employee - School Safety Agent in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - School Safety Agent in Bronx, NY

I worked at New York Police Department full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I'm exclusively proud to say that I' will be a member of the NYPD forever.

Cons

I broke my left knee and was attack by ex supervisor for no apparent reason.

The benefits are wonderful there are no payment for clinics or hospital. The training is fabulous and it's a wonderful place to work. The NYPD is a wonderful place but sometimes can be dangerous.

Job security, many different types of work, meet many different types of people

Former Employee - Police Officer in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Police Officer in Bronx, NY

I worked at New York Police Department full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You will meet a lot of new friends, as long as you show up and work, you will always have a job. Can semi retire after 20 yrs, and go on to a different career. Depending on your experience, there are many types of work (details)

Cons

You are a number. Most details depend on who you know. IF you do not have a family member that is high ranking, you can still go places, but you will have to woek very hard to get there. This can be a very dangerous job. At first, the pay is very low, and the hours you work could be very bad, unless you dont mind 8pm-430am with Tues and Wed off.

Dont take everything so seriously. Just because you have rank, doesnt mean you have to be a mean person, or have to talk down to others, and it doesnt necessarily mean you are smarter than everyone else.

Worked with the best cops, full of talent and beyond brave

Former Employee - Patrolman in Bronx, NY
    Former Employee - Patrolman in Bronx, NY

I worked at New York Police Department full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Went on when I was twenty years old,,,,gave me the confidence to deal with any situation.

Cons

Not the same job,,use it as a stepping stone for a second career. Sit for one week in Supreme Court,,take in the drama and learn from it.
    Went to way too many funerals for friends.

Zeros for heroes does not get you the stellar candidate nor does is keep your backbone,,your patrol force strong....we will always come to the aid of another cop,,,,but your numbers,,,,paying the rent......needs to change....