New York Presbyterian Hospital Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.4

New York Presbyterian Hospital CEO Steven J. Corwin
Steven J. Corwin

Pros
  • Great Benefits, real sense of patients come first from all levels of staff (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits (except beware they are a self-insured employer - look it up it really matters) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are unqualified employees running a department because upper management likes them (in 6 reviews)

• Salaried employees work VERY long hours, it's expected (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Experience

I have been working at New York Presbyterian Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent hospital with great communication and team leadership. Everyone seems to go on and beyond their Call of Duty. Highly recommended..

Cons

Not really any major cons from my personal experience.

I am happy to be working for NYPH. Most of the people who I work with are happy to be working their as well.

Current Employee - Cardia Care  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Cardia Care in New York, NY

Pros

Working for NYPH Is great. I have been working their for 9 years now. I have a month off every year with roll over in case I don't want to go vacation. 12 sick days a year that also rolls over if i don't get sick and 4 personal days every year. Not to mention if I work a holiday I get time and a half and a day off with pay. The benefits are great. Most of that is thanks to my union Local 1199

Cons

The work load can be high some days. I thinks its due to being in new york city. Some days we don't have enough coverage for the demand.

Great organization to work for

I have been working at New York Presbyterian Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are numerous growth opportunities available

Cons

Compared to other places the compensation could be better

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best place I've worked,

Current Employee - Nurses Aide  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Nurses Aide in New York, NY

I have been working at New York Presbyterian Hospital full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great location, facility, and environment. Nice, friendly, professional, team-oriented coworkers. Management and supervisors are respectful, especially if you are a good worker. Perks, training, benefits, security are excellent. Everyday you meet different people/patients/personalities which can be a positive experience based on how you look at it. 12 hour shifts are a plus : )

Cons

Everyday is different and unpredictable which may bring more challenges in trying to put patients first. No paid maternity leave. Hard work, yet rewarding.

Caring for NYP employees should be important as well as just the patients. Women employees should have paid maternity leave so they are not forced to return to work because of natural financial obligations, especially when their body is telling them they are not ready. Management should be more considerate and add a paid maternity leave policy.

I love this hospital!

I worked at New York Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

The leadership is very good. This facility is highly committed to customer service.

Cons

The opportunity for advancement was small in my field.

More growth opportunities

An RN in NYC

Current Employee - Staff RN  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staff RN in New York, NY

Pros

The hospital has the best intentions to better itself and the care our patients receive. Compensation is adequate. I am frequently proud of the care my patients receive. The unit that I am currently on is very encouraging of multidisciplinary decision making in our patient care.

Cons

Frequent understaffing issues. Professionalism varies greatly in all levels of staff. Reasons behind decisions made by management are not always transparent. A good percentage of folks that work for the hospital and have direct patient care have no interest in doing their jobs. There is no weekend pay differential.

Seriously screen new applicant for motivation and ambition. Clean house and kick to the curb all the folks that roll their eyes at doing the basic requirements their job.

Experience there was not so great....

Current Employee - Payroll Clerk  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Payroll Clerk in New York, NY

Pros

The people you work with are phenomenal!

Cons

Pay is terrible and administrative employees are under-appreciated. Stepping into our offices was like stepping right into the 70's. We had to bring in our own supplies as my department very rarely provided the bare neccessities.

Upper Management- please talk to your direct reports. We may not make lots of money and have big offices but we do know our jobs and we do them well.

Many long-time employees, many complacent employees

Pros

-Many lateral and promotional opportunities
    -Job security

Cons

-Old-fashioned
    -Risk averse, hampers creativity
    -Very early and late meetings, no ability for work life balance
    -Even management 'clocks in' and gets 'scanned' into meetings - lack of fundamental trust

Pay is Good but Morale sucks

I worked at New York Presbyterian Hospital full-time

Pros

they pay good wages for many of their positions

Cons

You really have no say in anything that happens in that company. They try and bs you with small huddles and weekly meetings but the fact is that they only do that to try and look good among the staff. They turn everything down whenever you present them with an idea. And if they like your idea they will tell you how it wont work and then implement it 6 months later taking full credit for it.

coordinator

I worked at New York Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

coworkers are friendly, office culture are great, we are like family at coworker level

Cons

disgusting managers, no help, self fish, irresponsible

think deeply before firing your valuable employees

Worked for New York Presbyterian Hospital? Contribute to the Community!