New York Presbyterian Hospital

New York Presbyterian Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

New York Presbyterian Hospital CEO Steven J. Corwin

Steven J. Corwin

Pros
  • Great Benefits, real sense of patients come first from all levels of staff (in 13 reviews)

• Good benefits (except beware they are a self-insured employer - look it up it really matters) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • There are unqualified employees running a department because upper management likes them (in 6 reviews)

• Salaried employees work VERY long hours, it's expected (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Sergeant

Sergeant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood Name to work for

ConsNo loyalty to their staff

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees

Great Hospital, Big Company

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWOrking for a big company there are never growing pains, there are systems there to protect the employees and tons of support.

ConsNot a strong amount of growth potential for administrative jobs. Large place means lots of rules that are hard to bend - so leaving early for a doctors appointment requires vacation hours.

Great Experience!!!!!!!!!!

Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFriendly Environment. Employees are very helpful.

ConsI haven't had any problems at my time here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its not what you know, its who you know

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome good benefits but below market rate.

ConsOver the fast 5 years as a Senior Financial Analyst, I have seen some things that left me wondering how/why HR is allowing this in this age. FIrst of all, I've seen job posting asking for all technical qualifications and seen several very qualified candidates got rejected and someone's unqualified friend got hired instead. Some managers make it their policy not to hire "guys", hence the gender inbalance in the Decision Support. I realize this is happening at other Healthcare institutions, but not as rampant as here. Most Directors act like God and hence turnover is very high as most Analysts are not happy after being here for a while.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk your MALE Analysts why they are leaving in droves after a couple of months.

A great place to work.

OR Technician (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEmployees are very friendly, they greet you in the hallways with a pleasant hello or just a smile.

ConsThere is no room for advancement for the technicians. If you are not a nurse or desire to become one YOU ARE SCREWED!! The technicians worked like dogs!! The nurses give orders and the managers believe what they hear!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHAVE SOME EMPATHY FOR THE NEWLY HIRED EMPLOYEES!! YOU HAD TO START FROM THE BEGINNING LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!!

Personal Status

Office Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood pay, raises every year, good benefits

ConsYounger employees do not know how to speak to older employees. Some do not know how to or have the time or patience to properly train older employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen an employee comes to you in confidence do not down grade the employee because of their age or lack of learning experience on their employee record.

NY Presbyterian

Lab Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsAlways hiring, pay is decent

ConsManagement is horrible, and staff is undertrained

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be observed before leaving them to do the job on their own.

Great way to improve your skills and network

Nursing Attendant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat place to learn and improve your skills

ConsIts takes away to reach to the next level in your career

Great

Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat pay. Many opportunities to advance career and/or work in a different specialty. Tuition reimbursement a definite plus as well as the benefits.

ConsNo consideration for assisting employees balance work and life. Constantly short staff. Poor management.

Good Company

ProsGood company culture. Most of upper-management so far seem to be good, ethical people.

Conslittle upward mobility; not as many training programs available for non-patient care positions

Worked for New York Presbyterian Hospital? Contribute to the Community!