NewDay USA

Updated November 6, 2014
3.5

NewDay USA CEO Robert Posner
Robert Posner

Pros
  • They reward their employees for their hard work and dedication (in 11 reviews)

• For those on here who bash NewDay, they are weak individuals who don't deserve the opportunity to make six-figures in the first two years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The hours are long but you are compensated for it (in 8 reviews)

• Obviously the work life balance is a no brainer (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Where Hard Work Pays Off

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a competitive workplace that rewards people who do more than the average citizen is willing to do. I love the feeling that every bit of effort that I exert within this company has a direct positive impact upon my life (especially in terms of my financial standing since the company gives out many bonuses). Also, I love that I make a real impact upon the lives of the veterans who contact us for financial assistance. One of the most satisfying feelings that accompany this job is being able to tell a struggling veteran that you qualified them for a plan that will pay off all of their debt while saving them hundreds of dollars on their mortgage each month. Overall, coming here was a great career move.

Cons

You do work longer hours, but it's very well compensated. Do what other people are not willing to do today so that you can do what other people can not do tomorrow.

This company is growing in the right direction. Keep it up.

Nov 13, 2014

We are happy that this has been a great experience for you! Thanks for your review!

If you want more and like to be challenged, you will be rewarded.

I worked at NewDay USA (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company provided training and all licensing cost's covered, marketing to provide you opportunities and room to grow if you're a winner.

Cons

You can't be afraid to invest time in yourself to learn the business so if you're looking for a quick buck, this is not for you.

Respect your people who work hard for you everyday.

Nov 12, 2014

Thanks for your review! We appreciate that you acknowledge the investment that that we put into our employees.

Hard Work, Determination & Perseverance Pays Off

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company recognizes and rewards someone who is serious about working hard to position themselves to achieve financial success. For those on here who bash NewDay, they are weak individuals who don't deserve the opportunity to make six-figures in the first two years. NewDay gives a fair opportunity to anyone - no matter where you come from or what you studied in college.

To make matter even better, we are serving a higher calling by helping our veterans finance their mortgage needs.

Cons

If you are looking for a 9-5 job, I would suggest applying for one of our staff positions. If you don't mind working extended hours, with competitive base pay and uncapped commissions you should apply for the Account Executive/Mortgage Banker position.

Keep up the great work with the motivation.

Nov 12, 2014

We apprecaite your review! I'm glad you have seen the value in the work that we do everyday.

Nice company with good pay

Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A great opportunity to work in a growing company, people around are working hard.

Cons

The hours is not flexible and sometimes long.

Just need some time to rest, work- life balance is also important

Nov 12, 2014

Thanks for your comments. Work life balance is very important and we are always striving to assist our employees with managing that better. We have more work to do in that area and appreciate your ... More

Hard Work Pays Off

I have been working at NewDay USA

Pros

I have been at Newday USA for one year and I love it! I work on the sales floor as an account executive. There are plenty of reasons why I enjoy working here, one being the training. The training that Newday provides is remarkable and is something that I feel can not be found anywhere else in the industry. When I started I knew nothing about mortgages. Through their extensive training, Newday has provided me with the knowledge and expertise that has allowed me to assist the men and women who have served our country, as well as all homeowners. The growth potential is also something that is exciting. If you do well, help others, and maintain a strong ethical foundation, the skies the limit! I have seen plenty of my peers get promoted into management positions in a relatively short period of time. Lastly, the income potential is very strong. Newday does not shy away from paying their employees handsomely for their efforts. Hard work truly does pay off here at Newday.

Cons

The hours can be long so if you are looking for a 9-5, average salary job, this is not the place for you. Although the hours are long, the work you do is rewarding and the fast paced environment makes the day go by quick.

Managers are very helpful and will to do everything they can to set you up to be successful. Please continue investing in your employees future.

Sep 29, 2014

Thank you for your note! We take a great deal of pride in our training program and are so pleased to find that it is and has been beneficial to you.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Denton, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Denton, MD

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free iPad
    Decent salary
    Honestly that is it. But don't be fooled by the salary as you are working a minimum of 70-80 hours per week and weekends.

Cons

Absolutely everything! Do not , I repeat do not believe the positive reviews I worked here for 1 year and I was very successful however the company culture is horrible, the products and services are almost a scam. I do not recommend this company to anyone. If you take this position be prepared to look for another job within 1-3 months tops. Again those positice reviews are from both the HR department and recruiters. I know this because a recruiter told me first hand!

Close the company

Oct 27, 2014

Thank you for your review, however HR and recruiters do not post any reviews. Our culture is supportive and hardworking. Those are attributes that we identify as being very important and we are ... More

I worked their when it was newday financial. Sounds like not much has changed in 10 yrs

Current Employee - Account Executive in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Huh.. What Pro's? Oh yeah... Plenty of kool-aid.

Cons

All the lies! Boiler room BS!

Share the wealth Rob! You can't take it to prison silly.

Nov 12, 2014

Thank you for your comments. Just as you are not the same person you were 10 years ago, I can guarantee that we are not the same company that we were 10 years ago. We are not perfect, but we do ... More

Honest review...

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a SLIM chance you can make good money. Again....SLIM.

Cons

I'm honestly surprised their still in business. I can't put my finger on it but there definitely seems to be something shady going on here. DON'T pay any attention to the good reviews. They're very image conscious and I guarantee that they were done by a recruiter. I'm not a disgruntled employee. I'm one of the few that actually left the company on my own and not fired for no reason within less than 3 months like most. I actually like Rob Posner "Pos" but his underlings are a joke. Yes the hours are long but I didn't mind that. Work hard play hard. The problem is that management is shady and they are basically a chop shop employer. Here today, gone tomorrow. Zero stability and everyone feels like they're on egg shells.

I'm okay with the training and even the hours. I also know it's a business, but you need to give employees longer on the floor to get their footing.

Sep 29, 2014

Thank you for your comments. It's awesome that you appreciate the value of hard work, but your suggestion that positive reviews are posted by recruiters is not accurate and far from the truth ... More

Opportunity meets hard work

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is growing and fast. With plans to grow from 350 employees to 3,000 it's great to be apart of something at the foundation of it's expansion. The income potential is outstanding. It's great to have an opportunity where my hard work will finally pay off far beyond what I could have ever expected. While making an impressive living, it's great to be able to take pride in my work knowing I am helping veteran families accomplish their financial goals that most other companies cannot. The company provides all of the means to succeed from your first day in training at the NewDay University through the first day when you hit the floor and the phones keep ringing.

Cons

You'll hear some people complain about the hours, but clearly NewDay isn't for them. The harder you work the more you make, it's as simple as that.

Management is constantly providing you with feedback to succeed. The only thing that could be beneficial is more one-on-one attention to address specific needs and areas for improvement.

Aug 14, 2014

Thanks for your feedback! We do agree that mentoring is an area that we need to grow. We are working to improve that.

Wolf of Wall Street meet selling reverse mortgages to veterans

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Fulton, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Fulton, MO

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

free lunches, free gift cards, excellent Christmas gifts, full benefits, casual Friday, etc

Cons

Weirdest company I have ever worked for... basically about 10-30 employees including the CEO were making 250k+ per year sometimes millions per year from what I heard and were enthusiastic and super excited every day like they were kids on a sugar high while there were a ton of other employees who were making really little money and looked scared every day like they could be fired at any moment... the turnover is crazy high I see new kids in every day and never see a lot of faces again it's a never ending cycle of turnovers

stop firing kids and rehiring them every week and teach them the foundation for success and stop expecting kids to work 100 hours a week or be fearful they would get fired at any time no job security

Aug 21, 2014

Thank you for your review. Our company appreciates the hard work of each employee and we take pride in being able to offer "perks." We are also glad that you appreciate it. I will note however ... More