NewDay USA
www.newdayusa.com Fulton, MD 150 to 499 Employees

NewDay USA Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014

Robert Posner

Pros:
  • "They reward their employees for their hard work and dedication"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Finally, there is a strong potential to make 6 figures in your second year"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "NO WORK LIFE BALANCE(Employees literally don't care because they are overworked and need balance in their life)"
    in 4 reviews
  • "hard work - but this is america nothing is free or easy"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Company to Work For!

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

ProsNewday gives you the tools to become successful. They pay for your training and offer a great salary. I do not know why anyone would not want this opportunity. This company is growing and is going to be one of the top mortgage companies in the U.S. I would tell anyone looking for a career to work at NEWDAY USA.

ConsFor people who do not work hard this is not for you.

NewDay USA is a great place to start your career.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

ProsNewDay USA will give you an opportunity to make great money out of college.
No other company gives that kind of opportunity to recent Grads.
Great sales training and practice.
Free licenses.
The best co-workers.
Nice work environment(sales floor was fun at one time)

ConsNO WORK LIFE BALANCE(Employees literally don't care because they are overworked and need balance in their life)
JUNIOR PAY PLAN.(YOLO let me pay employees doing the same job different commission)
Deducting 20% of pay for not bringing in a new hire(Some people have trouble selling a sweat shop as a career opportunity)
Different Routers - Even the playing field and stop saying that it is even.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a few changes. Isn't it business 101 that it's cheaper to retain an employee than it is to hire one?
Stop telling employees to come on glassdoor and give you a 5/5. That is just a joke. NewDay is an amazing company at a few things and the absolute worse at others. There is nothing wrong w/ a 3/5. Stop acting like you are a 5/5.

My Pros and Cons for NewDay USA

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

Pros-40k base
-Will work under some of the best leaders in the industry. They have found Gold in the likes of Rich Tibbetts, Richard Ray and Nick Natale
-Young atmosphere
-You can leave with some licenses under your belt and join a different mtg company with some ease
-Free coffee and once in a while chickfila
-Involved in several community projects
-100% inbound calls, you don't have to market yourself

Cons-All of these bogus Glassdoor reviews... they asked all of their current employees to post positive/perfect reviews about NewDay
-All of the employees not in management positions have a terrible attitude towards NewDay; are completely unsatisfied and unmotivated
-Expect to work 55-70 hours per week and most Saturdays
-You will make the same amount of money anywhere working that many hrs per week.. don't let a "40k" salary fool you
-R. Posner is a wonderful person and CEO with a vision that might not be so realistic
-Employee turnover is higher than 75%.. dont expect people to stick around, making relationships with coworkers is almost useless. And because of the high turnover, they are desperate to hire as many people as they can.. if you have a college diploma, you're hired.
-Many promotions that come with no pay raise

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication.. it seems like every week NewDay is changing something and the employees are never in the loop

NewDay USA is a dedicated mortgage company!

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNewDay is a great company to work for. They reward their employees for their hard work and dedication. You can start fresh out of college and become a leader in a very short time.

ConsOne of the challenges working for NewDay is that you do have to put in the hours but like everything in life you have to work hard to succeed.

Underwriter

Underwriter (Former Employee)

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

Prosgood pay and nice new offices

Consabsolutely no life-work balance...work, work and work.

Be flexible & work hard!

Administrative (Current Employee)

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are some incredible people that work here! I truly think that's the best thing about it. This company hires winners. There are a lot of recent college grads that can come here and make money, but it does take time & a lot of hard work.

ConsThe turnover, but you have to expect that in sales. There are also some tough goals to meet, but expectations are communicated, so either its for you or its not.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement training for newly promoted individuals is a MUST.

Honest review from a current employee

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

ProsNewDay gives you the tools to be successful. It is up to you to use those tools in order to advance your carreer with NewDay USA. Anyone who was unsuccessful here probably failed to use the licensing, training, and warm leads to their advantage.

You should be prepared to work as long as it takes to get the results that you want. I have worked from one of the lower divisions to being an account executive and I have seen success in doing so because I put in the time and effort. Those who complain about the hours have probably never worked in a true sales position like being a car or insurance salesman. In those type of positions, it is mostly up to you to generate leads which can take up the majority of your time. NewDay puts you infront of numerous qualified prospects each day and it is up to you to help the veteran that calls in.

Personally, my favorite part about the job is helping veterans achieve financial stability while earning a living for my family and I. If you don't understand what I mean by that, you will when your first veteran cries to you over the phone because of the help you have given them. To me, that outweighs every long night or Saturday that I have ever worked. I would recomend this company to any person who is willing to work hard for their future well being.

ConsThe only thing that I would consider a Con about NewDay is the hours for those who are not used to working in any sales position. But the way I see it, you need to put in the time required to see the results that you want. If you finish your work within the required hours, no one is going to stop you from going home. However, if you find yourself a little short for the week, it is best that you stay longer to see the results that you want.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to include the employees on the future plans of the company. CEO Rob Posner has never shied away from telling his employees what he plans to do next. He is also not afraid to tell you the mistakes he is made and how he plans to learn and grow from them. He is truely a great leader and we all lucky to have him and Mr. Paul Alger leading us to success.

There is a very lucrative opportunity at NewDay USA, not everyone will make it; but if you want it, you can take it!

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee)
Columbia, MD

ProsWe can discuss the Pros of NewDay USA that everyone talks about:
       - Paid Training, Leads, and Licensing
       - The Positive Direction NewDay is heading towards in the VA Mortgage Business
       - Providing Excellent Customer Service to Veterans
       - Opporunity to make six figures right out of college
       - Trips to Superbowl, Final Four, Kiawah Island Resort

I would like to tell my personal story of what it is REALLY like to work at NewDay USA

This all took place over the past 2 years

I started at the company in January of 2012, one week out of college in the Concierge Department. The CEO and President of the company took a chance on a young individual fresh out of college and I will never forget that. I knew the hours would be long from what I heard, but the end result is all that mattered to me. Concierge is a great program that teaches you the mortgage business, allows you to interact with the Board of Directors, and this is where i met my first mentor at NewDay. After 3 short months in Conciege I moved onto a Junior Account Executive Position in the VA150 division. After another 3 short months and obtaining an Account Executive of the month award, I was promoted to the Core Sales floor; which is where everyone wants to be.

To be honest, the first 3 months in Core were tough to acclimate to; but the leadership and mentorship of the managers meant everything to my success. They sit in the pit with you, are there to answer questions, and their main goal is help you win! In January of 2013, my first full year in Core, I had some issues with consistency for the first 4 months. Luckily, with the leadership that I had, I was able to overcome that. I made it a concious effot to make the coveted Presidents Club (Trip to Kiawah Island Resort and a Rolex Watch). By December 2013, I was number 9 in the company out of 50 Account Executives and I am 24 years old. I acheived a dream that I never saw before joining NewDay; making well over six figures right out of college, paid off my studen tloans in full, but I still had one more goal to acheive.

At the Company Christmas Party, that dream became a reality when I was promoted to Assistant Vice President to help lead the new National TV Campaign and make it a successful business, working with the 2 mentors from Concierge and VA150, which is just an added bonus. At 24 years old it meant so much to me that this company has so much faith in my ability to not only produce, but to lead and mentor others to create a new business and opportunity within the company. I joined the TV Division, leaving my previous success in Core behind; and I know that the company, and management will never forget that either.

I have met some of my best friends and mentors at NewDay. You only look back to see how far you have come.

ConsEveryone talks about the long hours, no social life, and being laid off quickly. Yes the hours are long, but this is your business; you get out of it what you put in. Yes, people lose their jobs; but this is sales, not everyone will succeed. And no one wants to work Saturdays any more than the next individual, but this is a self-employed opportunity and its yours to take. If you are not right for NewDay you will realize it yourself within your first 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize Meetings when phones are slower

I was told by my manager to write a review on Glassdoor about how great NewDay was.

I have been working at NewDay USA

Prosnone none none none none

ConsRead Lawsuits everywhere and lots of BBB Veterans ripped off.

Advice to Senior Managementquit showing up on credit inquires. They opted out!!!

Like any job, there are positives and negatives.

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

ProsNewDay USA is not for everyone. You have to be willing to work relatively long hours and produce on a consistent basis. The hours for an Account Executive are roughly 9:30 to 8-9 Monday through Wednesday and 9:30 to 6-7 Thursday and Friday. Depending on your production for the week, you should expect to be in the office at least every other Saturday but probably plan for 3 out of 4. They train you well for the SAFE test, which you will take your second week. They take care of/pay for everything concerning licensing. They do what they can to provide you with leads and make the phone ring. That being said, again, this job is not for everyone. If you are fresh out of college, this is a great place to start in finance. You just have to be willing to put in the effort and handle the day-to-day pressure of producing. For the most part, the people are great, the work environment is friendly, and there is real opportunity to grow/be promoted in the company. Your job is relatively safe, as long as you are working hard, helping those around you and producing. Upper Management is clear about these expectations from the very beginning. In addition, the managers on the floor are helpful and do what they can to help you succeed. Finally, there are great company events throughout the year for everyone at places like Ruth's Chris and Four Seasons There are even trips to the Super Bowl, Final Four and resorts for top performers.

ConsSet proper expectations. NewDay USA is a perfect example of over promising and under delivering. However, to be fair, I believe that the drop in Mortgage activity over the past 6-9 months has dramatically affected the amount of calls coming in and therefore the amount of money you can make. What they say you can make is rarely what you actually do. Other than that, the hours can get to you, and the pay may not always seem to justify the time you are there.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are clear about what you expect from us, but we are rarely clear about what we should expect from you.

Worked for NewDay USA? Contribute to the Community!

NewDay USA Videos

NewDay USA – Why Work for Us?

NewDay USA: Company Overview NewDay USA provides homeowners with VA and FHA mortgage loans that address a variety of needs and goals. Our company is: • Ranked nationally as a top VA and FHA mortgage lender • Focused… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NewDay USA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NewDay USA CEO Robert Posner. All 53 reviews posted anonymously by NewDay USA employees.