NewDay USA

Updated March 4, 2015
3.6

NewDay USA CEO Robert Posner
Robert Posner

Pros
  • They reward their employees for their hard work and dedication (in 11 reviews)

• For those on here who bash NewDay, they are weak individuals who don't deserve the opportunity to make six-figures in the first two years (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The hours are long but you are compensated for it (in 8 reviews)

• Obviously the work life balance is a no brainer (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

I love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA

Pros

New Day rewards hard work and always provides new opportunities! I've worksd in multiple departments and have learned more than I ever expected. I couldn't imagin working somewhere else.

Cons

New Day is going through some growing pains and with that there is some confusion and a lack of expirence in all departments but in the bright side it opens up management opportunities for anyone who is willing and able to step up.

Don't focus on so many different things at one time, it speads resources too thin.

Anything in life worth having is worth working for!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

NewDay USA us a great place to work, with tremendous opportunity to for young people. There are a lot of men and women in their mid- 20s doing very great for themselves in leadership positions. The company is full of young hard working people which makes the atmosphere enjoyable.
    There is extensive training that is provided by the company, as well as licensing.
    The leads you receive are all inbound, therefore no cold calling.
    Promotes only from within

Cons

The hours can be very demanding for some people.
    The licensing test is difficult and you must pass in order to maintain working here

Feb 20, 2015Director, Social Media/ Exec Asst to the CEO

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate and value your honest feedback.

Don't waste your time.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

With hard work, sacrifice, and a lot of luck, you have the potential to make great money working for NewDay.

Cons

Hmm where to begin. Foremost, I was hired for one department, then transferred to another without my approval. My training class started with 25 + recent college grads. Before they fired me, the class was down to around 4 people. The turnover rate is ridiculous, and account executives are fired consistently without legitimate reason. AKA no job security. The majority of managers are pretentious, love to show off their money, and exhibit a self-inflated, egocentric managerial style. In my experience, the products were disadvantageous for the customer which is really sad, considering the company's purpose is to give back to the veteran community. For me, it was a waste of time. Be smart, don't drink the Koolaid, and find an ethical company that actually values its employees!

Feb 20, 2015Director, Social Media/ Exec Asst to the CEO

Thank you for posting a review on NewDay, and we're sorry you had a disappointing experience. No employer can be all things for everyone, and we wish you the best in your next position.

Angry people write reviews, happy people don't

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great compensation. Paid training. Paid licensing worth over 3,000. Great information and training in mortgages and real estate knowledge. Helping veterans is a feel-good job. If you can pass a reasonably difficult test, it's a great opportunity for hard working people to make over 100k and get into management. No door to door or cold calls.

Cons

Long hours. Difficult to get past interviews. Difficult test to get a license, which is required to work.

NewDay USA- work hard, play hard

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time

Pros

NewDay's unofficial moto is "work hard play hard". While the hours can definitely be longer than what would be expected, the rewards can be huge. The company does a great job of celebrating its employees and milestones but does expect a lot in return. There are huge opportunities to be taken advantage of as the company is continuely expanding. One of my favorite things about this company is it's ability to promote from within. Hard work is recognized. With that being said, I do not think the hard work and long hours are explained to prospective employees or new hires in a way that makes them see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. I do think it is possible to have a decent work-life balance but I think it depends on what your perspective of that balance is. NewDay will never be a 9-5 company based on the nature of the business- I don't know anyone in sales that is 9-5 solely.

Cons

At the end of the day, this is a sales company. People do get fired and things are constantly changing due to the ever-evolving environment of the industry. This is not a good company to be a part of if you are unable to adapt to change. During my time with NewDay, I have seen the company grow and change a lot- for the better. This makes me want to see where the company goes, as I believe things could only get better. With that being said, I wish there was more cross-training for everyone. I think it would be extremely beneficial for everyone to know what the different departments are responsible for and what affects them directly and indirectly. I would like to see more diversity in the workplace as well; the office can sometimes resemble a frat house.

More clarity as to what is expected to excel in each position and what each individual needs to do to get to that next level, whether it be to a leadership position or to a different department. More training for managers how to be leaders on a regular basis.

The opportunities you want are here, its up to you to take advantage of those opportunities when they're presented.

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company provides the platform for you to succeed and to make a career in the mortgage industry. The training program is very extensive and comprehensive and provides a very sound base of knowledge about the industry. One of the best things about this company is the potential for advancement. Its not like many other companies where seniority trumps all; whether you've been with the company for 5 months or 5 years, if you excel at your job and prove that you have the knowledge and skill to be a leader you can be promoted into a management position. One of the other best things about the company are the people. It is a very competitive environment where your production is constantly measured against your peers, however almost everyone in the building is more than willing to help the person next to them so that everyone can succeed. Its a rare thing to find a corporate environment where you're competing directly with the person next to you yet they will stop what they're doing to help you without even a second thought. If you're willing to put the work in, there's no limit to the amount of knowledge and growth you can attain working for this company.

Cons

This company and this industry as a whole are very production based. With that being said, in order to produce at a high level the hours can get a bit long at times; especially around the end of the month when we're pushing to get everything closed we can. This definitely can affect your work-life balance and its important to make sure the nature of this business is explained to those in your life or it can put a strain on relationships (family, friends, partners, etc.). The company and industry are constantly changing, so this company may not be the best fit for you if you're not good at dealing with change and adapting to new situations. They provide plenty of PTO, however the problem can come up where you don't have very much time to actually use it. As mentioned previously this is a very competitive environment and its necessary to produce in order to increase your income. Taking off too many days can hurt your production; so while you are alotted plenty of PTO, it can be difficult to find good times to take those days without potentially hurting your production or your income.

do not work there

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at NewDay USA

Pros

there are no good pros

Cons

from the ground up the company is not well.

there is no guideness

Feb 20, 2015Director, Social Media/ Exec Asst to the CEO

Thank you for posting a review, and we're sorry you did not have a good experience here. No company can be everything for everybody, but we do value your feedback.

Where Hard Work Pays Off

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a competitive workplace that rewards people who do more than the average citizen is willing to do. I love the feeling that every bit of effort that I exert within this company has a direct positive impact upon my life (especially in terms of my financial standing since the company gives out many bonuses). Also, I love that I make a real impact upon the lives of the veterans who contact us for financial assistance. One of the most satisfying feelings that accompany this job is being able to tell a struggling veteran that you qualified them for a plan that will pay off all of their debt while saving them hundreds of dollars on their mortgage each month. Overall, coming here was a great career move.

Cons

You do work longer hours, but it's very well compensated. Do what other people are not willing to do today so that you can do what other people can not do tomorrow.

This company is growing in the right direction. Keep it up.

Nov 13, 2014

We are happy that this has been a great experience for you! Thanks for your review!

Sweatshop with solid plan with a cliquey environment

I worked at NewDay USA

Pros

Could get lucky and make a bunch of cash

Cons

You will work more hours than God.

Teach people to maximize time. Real producers can Make twice the money in half the time if you let them.

Jan 7, 2015

Thank you for your review. We do work very hard here, but that's because we want to maximize our opportunity to help as many people as possible. Thank you also for your suggestion, we will share ... More

If you want more and like to be challenged, you will be rewarded.

I worked at NewDay USA (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company provided training and all licensing cost's covered, marketing to provide you opportunities and room to grow if you're a winner.

Cons

You can't be afraid to invest time in yourself to learn the business so if you're looking for a quick buck, this is not for you.

Respect your people who work hard for you everyday.

Nov 12, 2014

Thanks for your review! We appreciate that you acknowledge the investment that that we put into our employees.