NewNet Communication Technologies

P.J. Louis

Dynamic Global Growth Company

Finance (Current Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsFast-paced, dynamic global growth company; great opportunities to obtain experience with mergers and acquisitions, global finance, strategic management and process improvements. Above average compensation and growth opportunities. Flexible work environment.

ConsDue to numerous acquisitions change has been constant; learning curve is challenging as the company is in a start-up mode and complex; and therefore processes and procedures are still being implemented.

Developer

I have been working at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCan't think of much. From the time they set foot in our building, it went downhill...fast

ConsNo loyalty, nothing but a cut throat organization

patchwork quilt of failed companies held together by vulture capital.

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time for more than a year

ProsEasy place to hide out if you don't have a lot of talent and love to work long hours.

ConsThe company is in a constant state of reorganization and leadership realignment with a failure to execute an effective business plan that will yield meaningful revenue...the company instead purchases depreciated assets, dumps the employees in works to repackage and sell what remains.

Advice to Senior ManagementUses your skills to do good.

Watch your back! Everyone has a personal agenda and no one is concerned with building a better company.

I have been working at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSome good people. What's left of the engineering crew is good to work with.

ConsEveryone is out to get everyone else. The lying that goes on at the upper level is unlike anything that I've ever seen. Backstabbing, lying, and turf wars drive all management decisions. There is no product focus. No central sales strategy.

If you are a technology company or division being acquired you can kiss product development good bye.

The overall strategy is to acquire older products and service the contracts while reducing costs. They will tell you otherwise but all they want is the contracts. If they don't fire you they will make your life miserable to the point that you leave.

When they acquire you they will promise you the world. "We care about the people", "We believe in the products", "We're going to get your product to market". All lies.

The workforce is reduced to the point of stagnation. For a development company this is like cutting off oxygen.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a central sales team and a real marketing group. The products you are purchasing are good products that need help getting to market.
Look at ways to integrate your product sets and come with a focussed message.

Company improving and focusing on high-growth segments

ProsStrong IP, management team, flexible. In some very high-growth segments like mobile payment processing and mobile messaging. Blue-chip customer base. Good work life balance. Global opportunities

ConsRecent restructurings have been challenging, but necessary. Telecom industry has been challenging in near term.

Revolving door

Sales (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsSmart and committed colleagues at the working level.

ConsOutdated products and technologies. Good people are hired, achieve results and are then turned over for new people and acquisitions. Customer satisfaction does not appear to be a priority at the executive levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate, articulate and execute on a consistent market strategy.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at NewNet Communication Technologies

ProsFast Pace, Great Products, Large Customer Base and Learn A Ton!!

ConsNot much to share I enjoy my job and coming to work every day

Very positive environment at the senior staff levels and dedicated to growing the company

I have been working at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time

ProsSolid vision to growth
Willing to put the past behind and move towards growth
Ready to listen and accept input based on sound business case
Fresh focus on expanding the product offering in the market place

ConsFrom the many acquisitions and past leadership there is a legacy mentality of the former companies

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing new culture of a mature company that operates more like a startup. NewNet needs to be nimble and visionary to develop new markets and continue to grow in existing market space

Everyone is trying to find a way out

Engineer (Current Employee)
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefit package was OK -- due to merger/acquisition agreement came along with the acquired businesses. Relatively flexible work hours.

ConsNo one feels there is a future in the company. Benefit on the way of sharp decline with the acquisition legal liability term coming to an end. Cut 70-80% of the acquired workforce in less than 1 year.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something real to improve the business, besides just cutting people and benefit for whoever dare to stay.

The worst company I ever worked for and it's not even close.

Director of Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at NewNet Communication Technologies full-time for less than a year

Prosthere are none a mess for sure

Constoo many to mention but the worst is the CEo who is a joke. I have seen numerous people - customers and industry veterans - just walk away shaking thier head clearly recognizing his incompetence and lack of sincerity

Advice to Senior Managementthe investment firm made their biggest mistake bringing in this CEO. The company had promise but now is dying on the vine

Worked for NewNet Communication Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NewNet Communication Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NewNet Communication Technologies CEO P.J. Louis. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by NewNet Communication Technologies employees.