NewPros

Updated November 1, 2014
Updated November 1, 2014
1.1

CEO

High Paced Call Center with Little In Return.

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Powell, OH
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The commission could be good, IF you could make it.

Cons

The hours were okay. 8-5 normal M-F job. Wage started at 10/hr for new hires and 12/hr for "vets." Either way you can make commission. The job is outbound business to business sales for a list and pre-made labels of new "homeowners" in each area. The "sales" team was constantly being pumped up for sales but if you didnt get commission after 4 weeks or so then you got the Axe for "not performing." Regardless of how close you could have been. There is VERY HIGH Turn around. The managers are always changing hands and playing favorites.

Stop high turn over.
    Stop firing people for "lack of sales" these things take time.
    Do more drug tests. Half your employees will fail.

Retarted

I have been working at NewPros

Pros

Good training if anyone makes it out.

Cons

(Vets) a group of four reps who have made it for 10 years and have seen thousands of sales reps come and go. No stability and really no way to make money with pay structure.

Get a whole new approach with your sales techniques there is a reason there are only 4 vets in the company bump commission structure and make sure to take care of new hires.

Trainer

Former Employee - Trainer in Powell, OH
    Former Employee - Trainer in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros! This is the most unethical company I have ever worked for! It's privately owned and the owner leads with fear and intimidation. There is NO job security, and you can be fired without warning. The atmosphere and environment is extremely unprofessional! The foul language, offensive jokes, and ridiculous behavior is just accepted by most. I made the mistake of staying true to myself and remaining professional. I was told I was too "corporate". Really? I was thrown into the training position with NO training. The training room is video taped..(the owner has cameras everywhere so he can make sure he knows what is being said and done at all times). The tapes would clearly show the employees I trained thanking me for a wonderful job. I'm not sure if it was intimidation or what, but even though the new employees were happy I was fired for not "training the right way". Really?!..get serious. I'm so sorry that I was actually training employees in a professional manner! This company will NEVER have anyone working for them with any professionalism or proper work ethic. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! Take it from someone who is a professional thinking I'd be working in a professional environment. I learned the hard way!!!!!!

Cons

EVERYTHING!!!...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING AND INTERVIEWING!! SPEND YOUR TIME FINDING A REAL JOB WITH A REAL COMPANY!

Get out of the walls of New Pros and see what the real world is really like!!! Oh, and stop being so cold, careless, and heartless! These are people's lives your messing with!

Never got out of training, TWICE

I worked at NewPros full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The mailing labels actually do work and help businesses. Its not a hard sale either. There really is an opportunity to make good money if you can make it through training and onto the sales floor if you are good at sales and can put up with the b.s.

Cons

It sounds great up until you show up for the training class. They will tell you on Monday of training that if you miss any of the training you will be let go because there is so much information and you will fall behind. Thursday of training they put you on the phones for a few hours and the first time I was in training I made 2 sales Thursday afternoon and I was feeling good about the job. The next morning, Friday, I locked my keys in my car and was waiting for AAA to let me in my car. I called in to NewPros to tell them I may be a few minutes late, nothing crazy, and they told me not to bother coming in due to their strict training program. So I was fired basically.

5 years later I applied to NewPros again, got hired, and started training. This time they gave you tests over the script Tuesday morning and if you didn't have it memorized you got fired. Well I passed the Tuesday morning test and made it to Wednesday. Wednesday morning we had a test over the "rebuttals" and even though I answered every one correctly my verbage was a little off and I didn't write them down exactly word for word the way they are in the script. I got pulled out of training and got fired again. I put "you can see how our service can help your business, right?" instead of "you can see how our service can benefit your business, right?" and that is an example of getting it wrong. Do that a few times and you've failed the test and are gone.

Now I have worked in several call centers throughout my career and have had lots of success. I have never been asked to memorize the script and all the rebuttals by the 3rd day. In fact, most places give you the script... show you how to work the computers and get you on the phone as soon as possible. Not this place. Prepare to be bored to death during training. And you had better be enthusiastic all the time because if they think you aren't then you will get fired also. This happened to several other members of the training class. We started with 12 on Monday and by the time i got fired Wednesday there were only 3 people left. And the 3 who were left were the "least likely to succeed" in my opinion. So basically they had weeded out all their best people. No wonder the turnover is so high. They even showed clips from the movie "boiler room" which was meant to inspire us most likely... however, in the movie the whole job was a scam and that's really all I took from that... is that they are likening themselves to a scam... doesn't make much sense.

I think this was for the best though because from what I've seen of the sales floor it looks like a mad house. Everyone is yelling and carrying on and that's what is required. It seems very immature and unprofessional. I knew I wasn't going to like that either but was willing to go along with it. Also, you are required to stand while you are making phone calls. They say it makes your voice project better and seem more enthusiastic on the phone... hence giving you a better shot at a sale. But I'm sorry I didn't want to work in a call center to stand all day. As soon as you try to sit down a manager comes by and asks you to stand like everybody else. I was even willing to go along with that despite thinking it doesn't make much sense.

So to summarize... I've never written a review of a company in my life. Not as a customer or an employee but I felt compelled to write this one because I've wasted my time twice now trying to work for these people but they will fire you in a heartbeat for any number of petty reasons. Proceed with caution if you decide to work there. And memorize your script and rebuttals word for word.

Fix your training class or get rid of it altogether. I would've been fine if you just handed me the script and rebuttals and let me have at it.

Horrible company

I worked at NewPros full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hours are nice, stable base salary

Cons

They will literally hire anyone who can show up to an interview and look and speak professionally and then they're upset when those candidates don't work out. They do not hesitate to fire anyone without notice in front of an entire training class. They advertise as being a sales call center which is accurate however you are selling to businesses a product that they do not want or need providing you can even reach an business owner. If you do not have multiple sales and keep them with a steady increase you will be let go immediately. All of their employees are drug addicts and quite open about doing so despite it being a "drug free workplace". It's a very unprofessional environment and extremely aggressive. I was a receptionist and I was fired for not smiling enough. I wasn't aware that was a fire able offense. I was a good employee, never late and actually always super early, always friendly. Rather than give me a second chance or possibly work in another department I was let go without much thought. They desperately want to grow their business and don't have enough good candidates to do so however when they do get a good one they discard them like trash. It was the strangest place I've ever worked at.

Give the good dedicated employees a chance and be a little more selective about who your hiring in the first place. There are so many unemployed people who would like to work and might actually be good at the sales environment but are put off by the extremely high turnover rate. It's also bad for employee morale

Great place to learn the basics for phone sales.

I worked at NewPros

Pros

Excellent preliminary training. You will learn creative and aggressive phone selling techniques. You'll also learn how to pound the phones like a beast. Good reps can make 42-50k/ yr which isn't bad pay for an entry level phone sales position.

Cons

The atmosphere can be extremely unprofessional. Reps are required to stand at their desks until they have a customer on the line. The Sales Floor can sound like a frat party to customers that you have on the phone because of the celebratory noise and clapping that's required by the entire sales floor every time someone makes a sale.