NewPros Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.2
CEO

I've work at NewPros for over 11 months now and from previous jobs nothing compares to NewPros atmosphere.

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Powell, OH
    Former Employee - IT Specialist in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A chance to write your own paycheck and change your life to your choosing.

Cons

If you don't like to work for what you earn this is not the place for you or the weak minded

Advice to Management

Keep informing reps on what they need to improve so that they can make those change and be successful.

2. The worst job.. Ever!

I worked at NewPros full-time

Pros

Location... That is it. Worst job ever

Cons

It's all been said. The CEO is bipolar. Horrific attitude. I walked out years ago and can't believe they are still open...

You have 90 days to become exceptional, or find another job.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time

Pros

High energy fun environment, spiffs, and commissions. Good solid temp job. But that's where the good news ends for this company.

Cons

Good luck making commission. The product is antiquated. Also upon searching reviews I found in general our customers think we are a joke too. Duplicate leads, shady sales tactics by vets on the floor, you are in constant fear of your job and it is well known. There are cameras and microphones everywhere, so the owner can see and hear everything that goes on. The hr department is a joke. I've seen one person, one keep their job in all the time I've been there.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make stickers cooler than the Internet and you might sell something.

NewPros Response

Mar 30, 2015President

This is a competitor constantly trying to hire employees trained by NewPros, not a former employee. People who make it through our training are in high demand. We have customers who continue to use ... More

Great opportunity for those that understand hard work and commitment equals a career and Great money

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at NewPros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Before coming to NewPros i had read all of the reviews on Glassdoor as well as a few similar sites...and the negative reviews really speak for themselves! if you actually take the time to read them you can easily see that it usually boils down to someone who was given a chance here to succeed but for one reason or another did not put the time or effort in to make a career! I came here for an entry level sales position. i was pulled directly out of the training class and offered an entry level management position and after applying myself and learning how things needed to be done i was offered a better position with more responsibility. NewPros will give you an OPPORTUNITY to make a career and better your life through extensive training and on "on the job training" as long as you are willing to learn and commit to growing the company. So i'm not really sure what the people writing some of these reviews were expecting...is it high turn over?...yes it is...but i have yet to see someone fired for no reason...every time it was clearly explained to them what was needed at least three to four times! if something is explained to you that many times is it really the fault of the company? it seems simple enough to me that this would be a case of someone wanting to do the bare minimum or less with no consequences! then get upset when told that this is clearly not the job for them...humorous if you really think about it! i can say without a doubt that during my time at NewPros...they will train you, Pay you very well,work with you every chance to help you succeed as long as you put the time and effort in to make it mutually beneficial! you are guaranteed to get paid training and learn skills that you didn't have before coming here. what you do after that is entirely up to you! some of these reviews sound like the author was most likely fired for failing to show up to work on time numerous times or failing to make simple changes to better their performance which would have resulted in higher paychecks....are these people really qualified to give advice on which companies to work for?...NewPros is NOT AN EASY JOB!! it is however extremely rewarding, fun, and exciting with good pay is it for everyone? No absolutely not...its not for those who think you can get paid well to do next to nothing...it is not a place for the lazy. It is however an awesome opportunity for those that work hard and want to learn new skills in a fun atmosphere making a lot of money. it is production based like a few other reviews have stated..so YES you are required to sell the product! but at least it is a product that has a proven track record of working!

Cons

high turnover...if that is even considered a con. for those willing to learn and change to be successful they should have no fear of losing their job

6. Great place to learn.something new and Grow

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Powell, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Powell, OH

I have been working at NewPros full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From day one I got the feeling that my being hired there was at least a small part of a rebuilding effort for the company, a fact which I saw as an opportunity. In the over three years that I've been an employee I've worked in several departments from sales, to shipping and data prep, to management and the list goes. If nothing else, as long as you apply yourself and show your willingness to take on more information, NewPros will train you and allow you to hone your skills in areas of business and sales that you wouldn't have access to other places. Most importantly I would say that the environment made it feel like there was a team effort behind growing a product that helps and thereby growing your paycheck. Money! Money is all I was looking for when I walked in and NewPros gave me a comfortable base pay to get by and then my work ethic got me enough to make some real advances in my personal life. I would recommend this opportunity to anyone who is ready to make a change and start writing their own check.

Cons

The only challenge i would say is staying focused on yourself and your personal goals. Alot of people make the mistake of getting distracted by people around them, seeing that they weren't able to make it and allowing thats to drag them down. But production is key so as long as you're producing thats shouldn't be an issue.

7. Fly you out, interview for a few minutes back home

I worked at NewPros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nopros. Ever waste a bunch of time in life? Never have you burned 24 hours of your life as you will with Nopros. Skype, FaceTime etc are so common now and why not use them? This lack of basic technology understanding is accented by the huge 1970s dot matrix printer they use to market.

"Shark Tank" they call it (banner must have been on sale at dollar store) but in reality the people there make is "Dark n Dank"

Cons

Cons? Plenty of them....most of them ex-cons...but the company's CEO is the company's worst enemy

The 1980's marketing equals epic fail.

Advice to Management

Culture trumps strategy every time. Learn something

NewPros Response

Feb 24, 2015President

I don't know where this came from. We have used Skype for years. We have not had a dot matrix printer for decades. I have no idea why someone would post this.

Retarted

I have been working at NewPros

Pros

Good training if anyone makes it out.

Cons

(Vets) a group of four reps who have made it for 10 years and have seen thousands of sales reps come and go. No stability and really no way to make money with pay structure.

Advice to Management

Get a whole new approach with your sales techniques there is a reason there are only 4 vets in the company bump commission structure and make sure to take care of new hires.

Trainer

Former Employee - Trainer in Powell, OH
    Former Employee - Trainer in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros! This is the most unethical company I have ever worked for! It's privately owned and the owner leads with fear and intimidation. There is NO job security, and you can be fired without warning. The atmosphere and environment is extremely unprofessional! The foul language, offensive jokes, and ridiculous behavior is just accepted by most. I made the mistake of staying true to myself and remaining professional. I was told I was too "corporate". Really? I was thrown into the training position with NO training. The training room is video taped..(the owner has cameras everywhere so he can make sure he knows what is being said and done at all times). The tapes would clearly show the employees I trained thanking me for a wonderful job. I'm not sure if it was intimidation or what, but even though the new employees were happy I was fired for not "training the right way". Really?!..get serious. I'm so sorry that I was actually training employees in a professional manner! This company will NEVER have anyone working for them with any professionalism or proper work ethic. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! Take it from someone who is a professional thinking I'd be working in a professional environment. I learned the hard way!!!!!!

Cons

EVERYTHING!!!...DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME APPLYING AND INTERVIEWING!! SPEND YOUR TIME FINDING A REAL JOB WITH A REAL COMPANY!

Advice to Management

Get out of the walls of New Pros and see what the real world is really like!!! Oh, and stop being so cold, careless, and heartless! These are people's lives your messing with!

10. High Paced Call Center with Little In Return.

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Powell, OH
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The commission could be good, IF you could make it.

Cons

The hours were okay. 8-5 normal M-F job. Wage started at 10/hr for new hires and 12/hr for "vets." Either way you can make commission. The job is outbound business to business sales for a list and pre-made labels of new "homeowners" in each area. The "sales" team was constantly being pumped up for sales but if you didnt get commission after 4 weeks or so then you got the Axe for "not performing." Regardless of how close you could have been. There is VERY HIGH Turn around. The managers are always changing hands and playing favorites.

Advice to Management

Stop high turn over.
    Stop firing people for "lack of sales" these things take time.
    Do more drug tests. Half your employees will fail.

11. Never got out of training, TWICE

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Powell, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Powell, OH

I worked at NewPros full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mailing labels actually do work and help businesses. Its not a hard sale either. There really is an opportunity to make good money if you can make it through training and onto the sales floor if you are good at sales and can put up with the b.s.

Cons

It sounds great up until you show up for the training class. They will tell you on Monday of training that if you miss any of the training you will be let go because there is so much information and you will fall behind. Thursday of training they put you on the phones for a few hours and the first time I was in training I made 2 sales Thursday afternoon and I was feeling good about the job. The next morning, Friday, I locked my keys in my car and was waiting for AAA to let me in my car. I called in to NewPros to tell them I may be a few minutes late, nothing crazy, and they told me not to bother coming in due to their strict training program. So I was fired basically.

5 years later I applied to NewPros again, got hired, and started training. This time they gave you tests over the script Tuesday morning and if you didn't have it memorized you got fired. Well I passed the Tuesday morning test and made it to Wednesday. Wednesday morning we had a test over the "rebuttals" and even though I answered every one correctly my verbage was a little off and I didn't write them down exactly word for word the way they are in the script. I got pulled out of training and got fired again. I put "you can see how our service can help your business, right?" instead of "you can see how our service can benefit your business, right?" and that is an example of getting it wrong. Do that a few times and you've failed the test and are gone.

Now I have worked in several call centers throughout my career and have had lots of success. I have never been asked to memorize the script and all the rebuttals by the 3rd day. In fact, most places give you the script... show you how to work the computers and get you on the phone as soon as possible. Not this place. Prepare to be bored to death during training. And you had better be enthusiastic all the time because if they think you aren't then you will get fired also. This happened to several other members of the training class. We started with 12 on Monday and by the time i got fired Wednesday there were only 3 people left. And the 3 who were left were the "least likely to succeed" in my opinion. So basically they had weeded out all their best people. No wonder the turnover is so high. They even showed clips from the movie "boiler room" which was meant to inspire us most likely... however, in the movie the whole job was a scam and that's really all I took from that... is that they are likening themselves to a scam... doesn't make much sense.

I think this was for the best though because from what I've seen of the sales floor it looks like a mad house. Everyone is yelling and carrying on and that's what is required. It seems very immature and unprofessional. I knew I wasn't going to like that either but was willing to go along with it. Also, you are required to stand while you are making phone calls. They say it makes your voice project better and seem more enthusiastic on the phone... hence giving you a better shot at a sale. But I'm sorry I didn't want to work in a call center to stand all day. As soon as you try to sit down a manager comes by and asks you to stand like everybody else. I was even willing to go along with that despite thinking it doesn't make much sense.

So to summarize... I've never written a review of a company in my life. Not as a customer or an employee but I felt compelled to write this one because I've wasted my time twice now trying to work for these people but they will fire you in a heartbeat for any number of petty reasons. Proceed with caution if you decide to work there. And memorize your script and rebuttals word for word.

Advice to Management

Fix your training class or get rid of it altogether. I would've been fine if you just handed me the script and rebuttals and let me have at it.

RSS Feed </> Embed