NewVoiceMedia Reviews

Updated December 30, 2014
33 reviews filtered by
5.0
Jonathan Gale

1. Great opportunity for accelerated growth within a $40B industry.

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My favorite aspect of NewVoiceMedia is the people and culture. There's also the potential to grow your career much faster than you ever could within a large corporation. There's a thing to be said about truly enjoying your colleagues and wanting to work side by side with them on a daily basis. Our team goes to bat for each other and is always willing make sure we succeed as a unit. We have a culture that understands the mentality of working hard while encouraging a healthy work/life balance. Management is very accommodating and respectful of your personal life, while supporting your professional goals and helping you achieve them. Being a part of the team at NewVoiceMedia is a wonderful experience and I can honestly say I love coming to work every day.

Cons

I do not have any complaints to report on.

Keep investing in product development and listening to our customers. Keep hiring in the US and developing more resources here as well.

2. Awesome company with a ton of growth potential!

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been working in the San Francisco office for about 6 months now and I have to say this job has truly changed my life. I wake up every morning excited for the day ahead of me. I love working with my colleagues, they make NewVoiceMedia a fun environment to work in. We always encourage each other in a positive way and we like to have fun too!

My hard work is always recognized and appreciated by my manager and my peers since we have a smaller team. If you enjoy going above and beyond your daily tasks without the overhead of doing so, this is a great place to work. We strive for innovation here and we have a strong "roll up your sleeves" attitude.

Working for an international company also provides you with the opportunity to communicate with different cultures around the world. I love having our UK team support us and the english accents don't hurt either ;) We are growing so much and there is so much opportunity to grow within NewVoiceMedia. We love hiring from within the company and since we've only been in the US for about a year, there are so many positions that need to be created that anyone can grow into. This is a really exciting time to be part of NewVoiceMedia and I'm very confident in our future.

Cons

Overall, we need to communicate better globally. It's definitely an adjustment to learn how to work with the UK team when you're on completely different time zones.

Keep hiring in the US!

3. Life Changing

Current Employee - EBR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - EBR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I wake up everyday and absolutely cannot wait to make a difference. The team I work with is amazing as well. My boss treats me as a person, provides daily coaching and has an open door policy.

Cons

This company is definitely a start-up. If you are looking for a 9 to 5, this place is not for you. Every single second, minute, hour, day, etc. counts.

The support that has been provided considering the distance has been amazing. I have never worked for a company that has executives replying to emails late at night considering the 8 hour time difference. #Dedication

5. Challenging, But Well Worth the Effort

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

All of the benefits (funding, structure) of a well founded company, but with the energy and agility of a small startup. An abundance of support and direction from headquarters that give you all the tools you will need to succeed. Great team feel that everyone is working towards the same goal of growing the company in the US.

Cons

Can be overly process-driven, but this is for a good reason as the team is rapidly scaling globally and all efforts are being made to keep process uniform throughout the company. High pressure as there are high expectations for the company to explode in the next couple years. Must be prepared to handle a high volume of work and have the motivation to do what it takes to bring the company to the next level.

Continue to invest in the product.

6. It's been an amazing opportunity to work for a high growth innovative company in a proven industry.

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

NewVoiceMedia provides a global opportunity to work with very bright people all of whom have a common goal - to help one another and deliver the best in class product and service. This is a team oriented culture with an opportunity to make a big difference. The technology is true cloud and the customer payback is quantitative. I'm most impressed with how simple the technology is to implement and how call centers are so receptive.

Cons

Nothing to report at this time

Keep growing and innovating - it's working.

7. Unbelievable Opportunity. I love my Job (Yep, I said that and I mean that!)

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very good environment to learn and work as a team. Company really loves its employees and often times goes the extra mile and a half just to put a smile on your face. Hard work is never overlooked and management is quick with positive criticism. Everyone is working towards the same goal and willing to drop what they are doing to help.

Cons

Very busy. Its a growing space and a growing company so if you're looking for a 9 to 5 this isn't your place. If you love what you do and have passion for this start-up space, you'll never work a day in your life here, its splendid.

Honestly, keep up the great work. I would not change a thing.

8. Amazing, Empowering & Fun!

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you're looking to be accountable and trusted, while having the support of the smartest army behind you, this may be the place for you. The environment is quite fast paced, but extremely rewarding if you can keep up. Every single person here puts forward the very best of themselves - it's apparent everywhere you look and it's contagious. Mistakes can be made, with support and understanding from peers, along with the lessons that go with them. Successes are shared, but contributors are made positive examples of to encourage all. Rewards and recognition are constant on individual and team goals, and the rewards are BIG. Career Paths are well established, with awesome examples throughout the business of folks moving up the ranks - and quickly. Basically, it's all about Performance (People, Teams and Technology) & Culture, ...and the people here have simply gotten it right. I'm loving this ride and looking forward to the years to come.

Cons

It's not really a con for all, but if you don't like traveling (like me), you may not enjoy going to London a few times a year for Kick-Offs, Boot Camp, etc. London is great, ...it's just getting there that is the con for me.

As this continues to scale, keep doing what you're doing. I don't want to lose what we have from a teaming perspective.

9. Amazing company and exciting North America expansion

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Strong product, wonderful team that works closely together to win in the market. A fun place to work! I work with a lot of bright and driven colleagues. We are quickly growing the team in North America and have a strong "family feel" between our two offices in NYC and SF.

Cons

Still a small team in the U.S so everyone needs to wear many hats and prioritize.

Doing Great! Continue to focus on scaling out the business globally

10. Sales

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time

Pros

The feeling that you're part of a company which is growing daily is very satisfying. Everyone is empowered to make their own decisions and to offer ideas to help the expansion of the business.

Cons

Long hours - although no one minds this when you love your job, and you're rewarded well for it.

Keep up with the recent improvement in communication

11. Incredible Growth Company

Current Employee - Marketing Operations
    Current Employee - Marketing Operations

I have been working at NewVoiceMedia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Energy, can do attitude, strong company vision - genuinely an exciting place to work.
    Great career opportunities - we've trebled employees in the past 3 years.
    Respect and Recognition.

Cons

Growth companies need committed individuals - this is not a 9am to 5pm type place. If that's not for you then you might struggle.

Keep listening and keep sharing the vision.