NewWave Communications

Tom Gleason

Director

Former Employee - Director in Sikeston, MO
    Former Employee - Director in Sikeston, MO

I worked at NewWave Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work in the Midwest.

Cons

None it is a great place to work.

Bad pay

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at NewWave Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A good start at com

Cons

Not a big com any

I loved it I started out in sales, ended up in billing and learned how to take all company calles.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sikeston, MO
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sikeston, MO

I worked at NewWave Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Well they were very flexiable with the hours and for a small company the pay was not bad. Incentive was great and promotions was a motivator for most of the employees. They provided a lot of day time hours which was great for someone with kids. The office sestting was private we were all in our own cubicals which was great. The bosses always treated us if we made quota which is always nice which made us work extra hard. Maybe take all the top salers out to eat lunch or something. over all it was not a bad place to work.

Cons

Making our sales for the day and pushing for more for better incentive pay.

Advise all leaders in the cooperation to not yell at the employees especially if they are on the phone with customers it sets a bad example and have them remember that everyone is grown that work in the facility so a private talk with the employees would be better and plus it will make the work hard at what they do wrong and fix the problem and help with the recruitment of other employment when needed. worker will last a very long time concidering call centers have a high turn over.

Not the best place I have ever worked.

I have been working at NewWave Communications

Pros

Pay rate is decent for our area. Most services are free to employees. Top management is courteous to employees. Offers a variety of advanced services to smaller communities.

Cons

Services are offered before all of the kinks have been worked out. This can irritate customers and make local offices seem poorly managed. Sales training is poor, if given at all. Sales commissions are poorly structured and do not motivate employees to sell. Morale is low.

Look more closely for problems that may occur in an area where new services are offered. Put out some money to get a real sales training person to teach sales tactics. Restructure incentives. Make sure employees are fully informed about the launch of new products before they are offered to customers. Mass training does not ensure that every employee is listening and interacting with the discussion.