NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Reviews

Steven J. Corwin

Advocate

Current Intern - Mental Health Worker in White Plains, NY
    Current Intern - Mental Health Worker in White Plains, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

A proficient teaching hospital that offers Tuition Assistance to employees. Exceptional and efficient physicians, staff and colleagues. Ability to work with different mental illness's by floating to many units.

Cons

Hours are 7-3 pm, or 3-11 pm.

2. Best place to build a career.

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My colleagues! I have a team that motivates me to do my best every day to put patients first. We work hard but have a lot of fun at the same time.

Cons

Working with the best employees in healthcare means you have to work extra hard every day...but it's so rewarding!

Advice to Management

Continue hiring inspiring leaders to propel their teams forward!

3. Rewarding place to volunteer

Former Employee - Volunteer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Volunteer in New York, NY

I worked at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

The hospital provides extensive training and orientation for volunteers so that they are very well prepared to handle almost anything.

Cons

I would not change a thing! The training and orientation are truly outstanding.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Thank you for the opportunity to learn and meet so many wonderful people.

5. A+

Current Employee - Patient Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Patient Financial Advisor in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very diverse place to work. Room for growth.

Cons

I love this place wouldn't want to go to any other company.

Advice to Management

A+

6. IT Developer

Current Employee - Senior IT Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior IT Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

NYPH provides IT developers the appropriate work and life balance which allows for better utilization of efforts in accomplishing amazing implementations of technology to health care over the past decade. With ever changing IT technology, IT developers like myself are constantly challenged and rewarded with job stability and future growth.

Cons

Working at NYPH requires working with various departments that don't sometimes need to more convincing in using latest technology and innovations. Some departments need additional time to take advantage of the IT's latest innovations. Patients deserve these benefits sooner than later. IT staff need to be patient with these departments.

Advice to Management

Bring everyone on board to adopt Innovative IT solutions faster than before.

7. Great place to work!

Former Employee - MHC in New York, NY
    Former Employee - MHC in New York, NY

I worked at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great organization to work for. Good Benefits, best in care and quality of service delivery. You could not work for a better hospital.

Cons

None from me. I was proud to work for New York Presbyterian Hospital. Unfortunately I did have some professional differences with a manager that tended to show preferences to an employee and friend of hers. The Hospital programs as a whole were the best.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work1

8. great atmosphere

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter - Nursing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter - Nursing in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

good pay great patients great co workers

Cons

fast past some rude people big hospital

Advice to Management

no advise

Overall positive work experience. Ideal fit for someone interested in good work-life balance, traditional role, minimally challenging position.

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work-life balance, health insurance, and generous PTO. Good reputation in NY and across the nation.

Cons

Older and rigid corporate culture in terms of hierarchy, processes, structure, manager-employee role. Pay below market rate. No continuing education for non-clinical positions. New ideas and challenges not recognized - driven only by management. No 401k match.

Advice to Management

Management ask for input, but does not intend to use it. Very top-down driven structure. Corporate culture does not reflect changes in modern times. Competition is catching up quickly due to this.

Miserable place to work .there is no family time. Manager treat people with no respect.

Former Employee - Nursing Support in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Nursing Support in New York, NY

I worked at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Pros

I thought it was a great challenge to work in a big hospital like that. Some people are friendly some people are not. Managers dream big But they were not paying attention to details of what to accomplish The hospital vision is to put patients first. That is a good thing. They provide you with training. Over time work if needed in nursing department.

Cons

No body pat attention to detail , comments concerned. No family time, work schedule is worse, not easy to be promoted, they will hire on a position that is not on resume .they will say after 6 months you can bid for any positions that is available but that never happened. They have this union but I have no idea how much union have power. Too much gossip. The politics is more than the White House. To get a good job at this hospital you have to know someone who work in human resources to be promoted. Nasty managers I have never seen. Some Co workers are bullies. When you report the manager or Co worker they will work you will be fired. It not the best place I work. I was so miserable. You should not say anything about your manager they will come back to get you.

Advice to Management

I have done that so many times but the manager are ego to fired people so they can save the hospital money for the bonus each year.

Health Services Administration Intern at the Allen Hospital

Current Intern - Administrative Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Administrative Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This was an unpaid internship but overall great environment and amazing experience, attended staff meetings and had the opportunity to network with administrators, they give you $5 meal cards

Cons

It was a great experience but had difficulty finding entry-level employment with my health services administration degree

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Photos