NewYorkDress.com Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.9
CEO

1. It's trying to get it right.

I have been working at NewYorkDress.com full-time

Pros

There's a lot of good people working, who genuinely want to improve the company for the most part.

Cons

They have been a start up company for while but seem to have a hard time adapting to their growing needs.

Advice to Management

In some area's need to re evaluate your managing dynamics.

A place where micromanaging and being sneaky is required to succeed; Gossip and arbitrary critiques are valued by upper management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NewYorkDress.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good option for younger people or people who don't have many bills to pay OR to anyone who would like to build their resume in ecommerce and or online fashion.

Cons

The pay is low for a stressful call center. Many customers are highly rude, entitled & ignorant. Rarely offers pay raises even when additional work is expected. The pay rate for overnight reps was raised only because they had to legally which brings me to my next point; they are sneaky! And will try to pull as many fast ones as possible until they are called out.
    For the work and stress involved the pay is ridiculous and the "bonus"is not enough and usually late. Cross training involves training all employes to fulfill many roles and work in different departments once again without proper compensation especially for any grown adult in New York City.

Advice to Management

I don't really have anything to say to the CEOs/upper mgt for the following reasons: 1) they barely speak proper English (which isn't a crime but helpful in building relationships and understanding peoples intentions) it wouldn't matter if they rarely were in office but they are there for almost every moment 2) they have horrible communication skills and draw unjustified conclusions on employees based on rumor and or favoritism 3) they have little intentions of changing anything and value manipulation. They run things as if they were still in the Israeli army.

Horrible

I have been working at NewYorkDress.com full-time

Pros

The worst place to be

Cons

The worst place to work

Customer Service

I worked at NewYorkDress.com (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn on your own basis depending on your ethics and goals and where you want to be as far as a career. This place definetly shows you who you want to work for in the future. This company does not want people who help them grow and that means there is something better down the line for you if you see it fast, accept the terms and move ahead without them. Dont help them create their dream, only learn from their failure.

Cons

there is no room for growth, poor ethics, culture cliques, poor behavior, no class, micro-managing, piles work on you with less pay, they do not recognize you for your work, never go above and beyond, there is no dress policy or I should say it is not implemented so most of the females look disgusting. Most people who work there hang out with each other and whoever they dont like they plot to get fired. Ghetto and Rowdy. The dress code is unprofessional and so are most of the people in customer service. Plain disgusting .There are no other departments so you'll be stuck at your desk. Your ideas does not matter. You do not matter even if you are a part of the major clique (they suck too).

Advice to Management

Glad that I was let go because I started to realize there was no value in the company. I did not belong. Management has no skills to manage not even themselves. They tend to lie a lot. They are only available when they need you but not when you need them. You do not value your employees that actually do work. I do not see growth in the direction chosen. Management is too personal with particular reps who should have been fired a long time ago. This company is terrible overall. I feel sorry for you and anyone who works there.

Good for adding an Experience to Resume...that's about it!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NewYorkDress.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Adding this experience to your resume could get your foot in better places. No experience necessary, they give extensive training.

Cons

Poor pay for the type of work you'll be doing. Management bias for senior vs. new employees. They move you around different departments but won't give you a raise. Fire people based on employees gossip, not based on performance.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like they are disposable. You may not have to hire new batches of untrained people every two weeks and spend unnecessary money on it if you invested more in the people who are already there busting their asses.

RACIST

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at NewYorkDress.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none for this job. They fired me as soon as I was hired

Cons

In an office where the majority of employees are of color, they provided new staff with a training manual for up selling items that specially states 'African American: Garnet, Ruby Red, Orange defeats the asy skin syndrome. As an employee not of African american race, I found this to be extremely tacky, racist and inappropriate. I hope some sues them!

Advice to Management

being foreigners yourself to this country, you should have some respect for all races and cultures. Your staff have also kept copies of your disrespectful manual for when you try to make claims that you did not include this inappropriate term directly for one race. That isn't even a syndrome.

NewYorkDress.com Response

Oct 16, 2013CEO

NewYorkDress.com consist of a diverse group of employees from Upper Management to our Customer Service Team. We do not discriminate against race, gender, physical appearance or sexuality. As an ... More

Want to be under appreciated? Work here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYorkDress.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. ... kinda, co-workers are cool. Paid weekly.

Cons

Low Pay they promise you all these incentives then don't make good on their promises. Still have not received a raise even though I have been advised I would be getting one. No HR department to forward your concerns too only an office manager who is to overwhelmed to deal with things, upper management does not care about the employees, they expect you to be at work no matter what issues you may have. They always mess up your check, there have been time I never got my direct deposit had to be cut a check.

Advice to Management

Value your staff and maybe you will see some better results, Pay people more and stop your illegal practices.

9. It was a good "inbetween job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at NewYorkDress.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back office atmosphere, cool holiday gifts and management is very approachable!

Cons

Little room for advancement within this small company and they messed up my paychecks more times than I can remember.

Advice to Management

You should show more recognition to hard, consistent employees..

Want to get exploited? Work here!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYorkDress.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, flexibility with schedule since they are open 24 hours, good location near trains.

Cons

Micro-managing to the extreme, need to report bathroom breaks, yes bathroom breaks. There's never any type of motivational recognition by any member of upper management. If you are part of the clique that's well liked you should be ok, if not, watch out. Very low pay, you get a quaterly bonus that's hardly worth all the headache that you have to endure.

Advice to Management

Recognize hard working individuals and stop playing favorites.Focus on the positive sometimes, not only the negative or when people do things wrong. The bonus isn't enough, reward people with actual salary increases when deserved.

11. Micro Managing, low pay

I worked at NewYorkDress.com

Pros

The employees are pretty cool

Cons

micro managing, low pay, open 24 hours

RSS Feed </> Embed