Neways Reviews

Updated September 1, 2014
Updated September 1, 2014
3.1

Robert Conlee

Great place to work...love the direction the company is going.

Current Employee - Operations  in  Springville, UT
    Current Employee - Operations in Springville, UT

I have been working at Neways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We now have a clear vision and direction from the leadership team. Challenging work, but definitely going down the right path. We are seeing results. It is nice to see the hard work paying off.

Cons

Communication between departments could improve. With all the energy and activity, there are times when we need to pause to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Keep driving the company forward as you are. Take time to celebrate wins.

A good place to work until Robert Conlee became CEO

I worked at Neways full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My fellow co-workers were all very nice to work with.

Cons

Since Robert Conlee and the "Re-branding" process has started 2 layoffs have occurred. Why? So Robert and Friends can continue to spend money. The frustrating part of this is there is no money to spend and the remaining employees are expected to do the job of those that unfortunately were laid off. It feels like a work camp. Don't voice your opinion, Shut up and put your head down and do the work of 3 people. Oh and by the way "Re-branding" will happen for all markets by the end of 2015 on the current staff? Good luck. Everyone is going to burn out.

You cannot continue to work your employees the way you do which really is like a work camp. I used to trust certain people in Upper Management but do not anymore. Everyone is in preservation mode. No body listens. I am so much happier since I left Neways I wish I would have left a year ago and wish my good friends that are still there could get out as well.

Very confused, unorganized, upper-level heavy, good-ole boys club!! Stay away!!! STRESSFUL!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Neways full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good fellow employees who are also struggling to hang on..but are too afraid to speak up.

Cons

Upper management - all men.
    Do not have direction...so they can't give their employees direction.
    No communication between departments.
    Lots of political logistics - i.e. upper mgmt hiring family, friends, etc. over more qualified applicants.
    HR has no control...they are supposed to be advocates for the employees, instead they are afraid of doing something wrong and getting fired by upper management.

Scott St. Clair is no longer CEO...he was "fired" and Robert Conlee was brought in. Mr. Conlee, in turn, has brought on many close friends and former co-workers and fired many long term good employees. He is a wolf in lambs clothing...wants to appear as the sympathetic, religious, caring leader but he is very sneaky, conniving and transparent. The entire upper mgmt team needs to learn how to communicate!!!!! Treat your employees like human beings not robots.
    Figure out what you are doing, so your employees know what they are doing.
    Quit trying to pretend you care about your employees. You don't a care about anything but making money and saving your own butt.

Neways Response

Jul 22, 2014VP, Human Resources

Here are the facts: our VP/General Counsel is a female and serves on our Executive Committee. Our entire Europe region is run by two females (General Manager and our Director). Our global quality ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was a good job and company to work with.

Former Employee - Material Handler  in  Springville, UT
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Springville, UT

I worked at Neways full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

get to work with lots of different people

Cons

if they do away with your job you are laid off instead of moving you to another position.

Listen to all of the employees

Past Employee

Former Employee - Senior Employee  in  Springville, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Employee in Springville, UT

I worked at Neways full-time for more than a year

Pros

Seems like a great job to start, IT has flex schedule with every other Friday off.

Cons

Benefits are barely average, Holiday party held in wharehouse on pinic tables, reviews always delayed, training on hold, company always does everything on the cheap, even hiring employees, always shopping price rather than quality. It's a mickey mouse company tring to play with the big boys.

Your price shopping is reflected in the products you produce. Products are just marginal and most do not work as advertised. Lots of room for improvement from CEO down!

Not the best

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, UT

I have been working at Neways

Pros

Pay is pretty good, benefits are acceptable. Very good about letting you take time for family/personal time if needed. Springville offices are very nice and comfortable.

Cons

There are some major management issues and quite a lot of animosity between departments (most departments work against each other rather than working together. There is little or no recognition for good work unless you are a friend of upper management. Very poor job expectations and unclear job requirements.

Hire people that are good managers and can work together with other departments. It seems that when one person leaves they just pick the 'lowest hanging fruit' and don't look for the right person for the job.

This was by far my most rewarding and favorite internship

Former Employee - Supply Chain Co-op/Intern  in  Springville, UT
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Co-op/Intern in Springville, UT

I worked at Neways

Pros

Really nice people and interesting projects, even for interns. As an intern I was given a company car, great pay, and a week of paid vacation. This was way above and beyond what I was expecting, and what I personally experienced at other internships.

Cons

The only downside I saw to working at Neways was I was not a huge fan of the Utah valley area, but if you love the outdoors then it has more than enough to keep you occupied.

My supervisor was amazing, but she really seemed overworked in my opinion. I'm not really sure what advice I have to give about it, but I felt bad that she always had so much going on. Even though she was clearly working over time she still made time to meet with me and discuss my projects.

I liked working there during the first year,but things went downhill after that.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salem, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, UT

I worked at Neways

Pros

The benefits are pretty good and they offer free products.

Cons

Stressful, fast paced environment. Management is mediocre. They should hire people who are qualified instead of being friends with other people there. I was treated poorly. There is a high turnover rate in the Microbiology lab. Probably due to the stressful environment.

Too much product is wasted in testing. I think that is not cost effective.

Excellent employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springville, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT

I worked at Neways

Pros

Very positive work atmosphere. Nice and fair boss. Employees have a lot of freedom to achieve goals the way they think is best. Management takes employees of every level and their concerns very seriously. Fair and constructive performance evaluation (as far as I can tell). Great product philosophy. Flexible work times. Good salary. Frequent events that are not directly work related. Modern, clean, beautiful and high-tech office building. Easy commute. Beautiful surrounding area.

Cons

Layoffs in 2009 happened very suddenly and caused disruptions, as coworkers were gone from one hour to the next, and their competencies left with them. No transition.

Very effective and positive leadership style. In state-of-the-company updates to employees, be as realistic as possible. Layoff process might not be the best. Pay adjustment could reduce layoffs and keep valuable human resources in the company.

Nice ambiance but difficult to make changes & collaboration happen

I have been working at Neways full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open-minded company and employees, nice ambiance

Cons

Changes are happening too slowly

Neways Photos

TechEd Eilat

+ Add Photo

Worked for Neways? Contribute to the Community!