Newell Rubbermaid Reviews

Reset

1. Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - potential operations manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - potential operations manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Continuously improving to better the organization and huge on safety. Great screening process for new employees and managers.

Cons

Not many to report other then upper management listen to employees ideas a little more. All ideas are good just need to decipher what to use and what not to use.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on how the company has grown. I love the seal program and how the company relies on the team members for there success.

May 23, 2014 – Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your review! It's definitely an exciting time to be a part of our company. We'd love to hear your ideas and encourage you to reach out to a member of the Employee Insights Team in ... More

What's the plan?

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, hard workers. Many opportunities.

Cons

Management talks about being transparent but there always seems to be an air of "now what?" That has taken a toll on the culture.

Advice to Management

Communicate on a more detailed level. Rebuild the culture so people want to be there.

May 23, 2014 – Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your review! This is helpful feedback and we'll share with our engagement team. This is an exciting time to be a part of our company and we want you to continue to be a part of it! ... More

Depressing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The money is decent Well known company Great cafeteria, gym and employee store

Cons

Self-esteem constantly assaulted Demotions to save costs Morale in finance was at its worst Work life balance is terrible Except to work mandatory weekends and health care coverage was lousy Employees treated poorly and management is insensitive Never had an opportunity to take vacation I hated the job, it was a terrible company to work for. hated it

Advice to Management

Treat employees well

May 23, 2014 – Campus Recruiter

Thank you for your opinion. We always appreciate feedback from former employees and hope to utilize it to make NWL an even better place to work. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

The people really make a difference!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Newell Rubbermaid is a great place to work. Everyone is hard-working, friendly and really care about each other. The facilities and amenities are top notch! It would take alot for me to leave the company.

Cons

Like many companies, we have been going through restructuring for the past couple of years which can get exhausting. We are moving in the right strategic direction, but need to focus on our people again.

Advice to Management

Be transparent and understand our business before making "strategic decisions". It comes across as unorganized.

Love the people and amenities!

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The office culture was pretty laid back. Everyone was really nice and easy to work with, but also hard working. The insurance benefits, gym and cafeteria were all great.

Cons

In my department, there wasn't much support for telecommuting, but in Atlanta traffic, telecommuting would have been a plus. Unfortunately company restructuring lead to my department being relocating to a different state.

Advice to Management

Need more opportunities to grow or more clear career paths.

Hostile Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good facilities and work/life balance

Cons

Extremely hostile environment with in-fighting and finger-pointing between teams. Holding cell for Unilever flunkies, promised unearned promotions at Newell. Only the thick-skinned need apply. Very limited career development potential.

Advice to Management

Invest money in recruiting best in class employees and leadership, instead of picking up leadership at a discount. Require that leadership report into HQ in order to fully grasp the problems and voids with the current structure.

8. Great learning opportunity if you survive the culture!

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, modern facility w/ great amenities (daycare, gym, cafe, free beverages, covered parking), consistent roll-out of processes and initiatives across the organization, looks good on the resume thus good launching pad for next career opportunity.

Cons

Unclear expectations, manage up mentality AKA sink or swim, although the company seems to be making strides for parents they seem to prefer young adults without children, diversity program is fairly new and seems to be a facade for consumers (we employ the type of customers we serve), benefits are expensive, limited product discounts, corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate culture and help employees thrive through more robust avenues to better understand and navigate corporate politics. Put a system in place ensuring those in leadership positions, more specifically manage people, know how to manage and their performance is evaluated by direct reports.

Really Good People, mostly disfunctional

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and good brands with some good products

Cons

The health benefits are not good and a career path is fuzzy at best unless you are "in"

Advice to Management

Let's work to retain good employees. Aside from the people who were forced to leave, there have been some very talented people walk out the door. There are a combined few hundred years of knowledge walking out the door.

10. Great opportunities for career growth and personal development.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Facilities are top notch (I love the fitness center, cafe, and on-site Starbucks.) AMAZING daycare opportunity in Atlanta location. Career growth opportunities are plentiful. Really incredible coworkers - Newell was truly a place I enjoyed coming to work at each day.

Cons

Benefits aren't terrific, but salary is typically strong. There's a pretty decent changeover rate in upper management - some are great, some not so great. Very little opportunity for telecommuting, which is a disappointment.

11. Nice place to work for if you want to be working on the latest and greatest technology.

Current Employee - IT Administrative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Administrative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work on the latest and greatest technology.

Cons

Work/Life balance not so great.

Advice to Management

N.A

RSS Feed </> Embed