Newell Rubbermaid Reviews

1. Design Engineer

Current Employee - Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time

Pros

Fortune 500 company with innovative products committed to being a market leader. Great people to work with and a good work life balance, generally only work 40 hours/week.

Cons

Tremendous flux in the last few years as the company has restructured completely has caused some uncertainty and constant change. Upper management is continually rolling out policies pushing for more work with less time.

Advice to Management

Align business goals. You can't get products with lower cost, in less time and a higher quality. Pick 2.

Aug 20, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

2. Transitional Times

Pros

Great coworkers, new flex plan. Stock is going up.

Cons

Health Insurance plan, continual reorganization and change very unsettled.

Advice to Management

Invest in people they are your bottom dollar.

Aug 20, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Consumer Care Specialist

Former Employee - Consumer Service Specialist in Jamestown, NC
    Former Employee - Consumer Service Specialist in Jamestown, NC

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with consumers to resolve their issues

Cons

Lack of available product for resolution

Advice to Management

To be proactive instead of reactive

Aug 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Level 2 Employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid (More than a year)

Pros

Location Friendly environment Pay grade Access and availability to product specs detailed system for logging and marketing. strong relationship with global

Cons

Very little opportunity for advancement Clarity on roles within the company Communication between team members leads supervisors and management

Advice to Management

Take a stronger interest in individual team members stats and help them to advance within the company. Pay closer attention to downward trends per team

Aug 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Lots of Re-Structuring

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time

Pros

Good benefits and nice locations. They offered health savings accounts, multiple brands to work on, and opportunities to travel to visit other manufacturing locations. There were really great deals at the employee store and awesome brands to select from. The CEO, Mike Polk, has a good vision for the company and he address everyone in town hall fashion. It was nice to have that communication.

Cons

The re-structuring forced a lot of people to either uproot their families or lose their jobs. This is probably complete by now but it was tough to see some good people leave. Also, the company is moving from a holding company to one unified company with multiple brands. This move consolidated a lot of groups under the holding companies which makes for a lean environment. The workload has increased and some of the knowledge pool from specific Brands business practices has been lost. Growing pains are part of this move but it will hopefully move to an extremely efficient business unit.

Advice to Management

Review your employees workloads on a bi-weekly meeting to insure the work is distributed evenly across your team. Have your employees maintain working logs to mark their progress on projects.

Jul 20, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Keep in touch and we hope that you'll consider us for future career opportunities.

7. Good Company To Work For

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was employed at Newell Rubbermaid for 5+ years. Some of the things I enjoyed while working there included: solid work ethic among colleagues, work/life balance, average pay and benefits, and state-of-the-art office space. Newell Rubbermaid is definitely one of the best companies I've ever worked for. I would likely return if the right opportunity presented itself.

Cons

The downside of working at Newell Rubbermaid is the constant change in Management and strategy in the recent years and the continuous layoffs. Unfortunately, the former Newell culture that existed when I first started suffered as a result of these things. Lastly, there were plenty of advancement opportunities within the company. When I applied for opportunities outside of my department, I was often not even considered for the roles even though I was qualified which is why I ultimately left the company.

Advice to Management

While change is necessary in today's society, try to establish a clear strategy and stick to it which will not only benefit the company but also the employees.

Jul 20, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll keep in touch for future career opportunities.

8. current employee-anonymous

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mogadore, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mogadore, OH

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are ok with a 401k.

Cons

Three upper management left,four or more human resource managers left, and 100 or more employee associates have come and gone, every day just about an incident that happens, and recordable injury are up, moral down, pay is low for what we do. Been here three years, you do the math. You live to work and work to live.

Advice to Management

Get it together! A Big company like this should have three 8 hour shifts, and no more than 10 hours a day on a tow motor, stand up or sit down! The pay should be a lot better for what we do at this place! Above all improve safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Sr. Sales Rep

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time

Pros

Great communication with management. Great people to work with and can develop lasting friendships with colleagues.

Cons

Going through a lot of changes within the organization. C-Suite leadership is not consistent with their message and only care about the current stock price. Bonus structure is always changing. (not to the benefit of the sales force) Company culture is non-existent.

Jun 23, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

10. Order Picker

Former Employee - Loading/Unloading in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Loading/Unloading in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great hours, plenty of overtime

Cons

Poor management, wrong people in management positions

Jul 31, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

11. 12 hours is too hard on the body

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time

Pros

Nice coworkers. They rotate workers to different presses throughout the day.

Cons

The work is too physically demanding and fast paced to continue for 12 hour shifts. Employees are expected to perform more tasks other than run their own press, sometimes at a press that is running very fast. Other times they run a press so fast that it is not possible for 1 person to run it, so they will cram more people in a work space meant for 1 person making it crowded and difficult to move around safely. The money is not great. And overtime is mandatory.

Advice to Management

The body has limits. If 12 hours shifts aren't going away, slow down presses and/or give longer breaks to allow more recovery time for muscles and heart rate and also not force workers to choose between cooling off and using the bathroom. 10 minutes is not enough. This would solve the very high turnover rate problem and encourage more people to volunteer for overtime. Filling product orders faster sacrifices quality. Work life balance means nothing if off days are spent recovering and in pain.

RSS Feed </> Embed